Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Has anyone seen details on the Jennings deal? I have not, but Iím guessing itís similar to most g league multi year deals and itís either entirely or mostly non guaranteed.

We obviously need a center; but getting a young athletic guard for once would be really nice.

Since Parker has denied the Bucks even offered him 18 million, it leaves open the possibility they could take a point guard and still get a center if BJ's contract is non-guaranteed.

They could also simply replace Jet with a rookie guard.

Pretty sure Jennings is not guaranteed. Bucks should just go BPA regardless of position. There are a couple intriguing players that should be there at 17. Mitchell Robinson the C could be available; Zhaire Smith who could be a very good defensive player from Texas Tech, shot needs some work; Anfernee Simmons. To me, I think if they want the sure-fire will contribute in the NBA guy, maybe Gary Trent Jr. and boom or bust is Robinson or Simmons.

I wonder if the Bucks are thinking of how they will have to get past B Simmons in the future playoffs, but it is pure speculation.
    I don't really see any big defensive points in the draft anyways.

Last edited by MadtownBuck; 04-15-2018 at 12:59 AM.

I agree with this. Gafford will be a guy Bucks look at. I had the draft exactly right a couple years ago, saying Bucks if going BPA would take Portis, boom or bust would be Vaughn. Vaughn had explosiveness but never seemed interested in showing it. Think some of that is on Kidd as he wanted him to just be a shooter, but Vaughn did suffer an injury his freshman year at UNLV. Too bad things didn't work out for him.

ABC mock draft has Aaron Holiday over Duval and Brunson for pgs with his 3 pt shooting.
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../aaron-holiday
    Last edited by MadtownBuck; 04-15-2018 at 10:54 PM.

K Thomas
    Thomas is one of the better defenders in college basketball, capable of guarding three positions with his 6-foot-11 wingspan.
    Warming up to Brunson a little.
    ultra-efficient play of its floor general, Jalen Brunson,
    early dark horse pick potentially Bates-Diop.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nba-moc...ry?id=54468169
    Last edited by MadtownBuck; 04-15-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Not sure who was behind team all length or if that is still a huge factor in draft strategy...I wonder if it was all Hammond or it was an organizational decision. If so there are a couple names to watch: Troy Brown a 6-7 PG/SG from Oregon who turns 19 in July. He only shot the 3 at 29 percent at Oregon, but could be part of all length. Averaged 12 ppg and has like an 8-3 standing reach. The other is Duval from Duke. He only shot at 29 percent from 3 as well, but is 6-2 with a 6-8 or 6-9 wingspan and averaged over 5.5 assists per game.

Khryi Thomas from Creighton is similar but not sure he lasts to 17. RObinson is a C that might fall to Bucks but the rest that will likely be available at 17 are largely perimeter players. Gafford from Arkansas would be a good 2nd round pick but 17 seems like a reach for him. Doubt Williams from A&M lasts to 17 either.

Basketball Insiders has Robert Williams, Knox, and Walker available to the Bucks at 17, as well as Mitchell and Z Smith. It looks to be one of the deepest drafts I have seen. It is a pity the Bucks do not have a second round draft choice.
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...draft-4-17-18/

Not seeing much mention of Gafford.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...s1olauo5i14e1f
    Last edited by MadtownBuck; 04-17-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Gafford more of a second round option for teams IMO. Might sneak into late R1 with good workouts

What about trying to trade for Kevin Love, if LeBron goes elsewhere I could see Love being traded. We would get much needed rebounding and outside shooting for a guy who could play 5 next to Giannis.

Love/Korver for sign and trade Jabari 3/50-60, Snell, Maker (or Wilson maybe Brogdon), and our 1st might make sense. Not sure how the money works probably not great.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 04-19-2018 at 09:55 AM.

love would actually be a really good fit next to giannis. i could see something like that maybe going down. then puts jabari in a situation where he is in a young talented group and can be 'the guy'. i wouldnt include a pick though to start off negotiations. the best part about this besides their strengths and our needs would be how smart love and korver plays. this team needs some of that.

bled-brog-midds-giannis-love
    delly-brown-korver-henson-zeller

needs more shooting off the bench yet. or if we could pry kemba and williams away for bled, brog, henson and a pick

kemba, korver, midds, giannis, love
    delly, brown, Dj, williams-zeller

i doubt we could pull off both. i like the love trade idea though regardless.

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

I donít hate the love idea either. Iím not a huge fan of love to be honest, but we canít reallt afford to be picky. And he provides a few key things we need, in a rebounding big who wonít clog the paint for Giannis.

we still need the first for a pg, but it is a decent idea.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast