Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Okobo is younger, longer, more athletic and is close to as good of shooter as Brunson. Okobo is probably a better all around scorer than Brunson as well.

To me, okobo is a clear favorite over Brunson. Okobo actually has a chance to develop into a legit starter. Brunson is a bench guard who can maybe start if you have the perfect team around him.

Duvall and Melton are more athletic as well, but it is yet to be seen how good their shooting will get.

Interesting on the Bucks site it was Devonte Graham they showcased. He can definitely set up an alley oop, progressed for 4 years at Kansas, but only shot 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    Duvall and Melton are more athletic as well, but it is yet to be seen how good their shooting will get.

Interesting on the Bucks site it was Devonte Graham they showcased. He can definitely set up an alley oop, progressed for 4 years at Kansas, but only shot 40%.
    Said this before but I would take a flyer on Metu in the second round by buying a pick in R2. A young big would be sweet but I don't see one being there with value at 17 unless Robinson is a guy they take a chance on. Walker, Okobo at 17. Thomas/DD are also OK in my book same with Smith to take flyer on guy with upside. On the Brunson thing, I think he's a solid pro that might play a decade in the pros but is mostly a bench guy. In first 20 picks I think you are trying to find a guy with more upside like Okobo.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownBuck View Post
    I am still waiting to see if Robinson tries out for Milwaukee.

They don't play much defense in France, so I am not sure what to make of Okobo. Not sure why to take him over Brunson.
    The scouting report on Okobo says he has very good athletisism and elite lateral quickness along with good strength and size for the PG position. They predict he will become a very good defensive PG due to that elite lateral quickness. It's not like he's ready day 1 to be a lock down defender in the NBA. I like Brunson and he would be the better choice for next season. Okobo has enough talent to play some in the 2nd half of next season, but has potential to be the best PG in this draft, 3 years down the road and perhaps develope to all star level.

My draft board has 3 players that I'm intersted in at pick 17. Okobo, K. Thomas and Robert Williams if he falls to 17. Anyone else that wasn't a consensus lottery pick would be a disappointment to me.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 06-07-2018 at 09:26 AM.

So last time we drafted a PG in the first round was TJ Ford? Brogdon and Wolters were second round picks.

Oh and Jennings.

I think I posted about that a few pages back. Since tj ford, the only true guards that weve drafted in the first round are Jennings and Vaughn. If you want to get technical, we technically draft jimmer but that trade was already worked out and we took him on behalf of Sacramento. Everyone else weve draft has been a forward or center.

Id really like to see us dip back into the guard well. Our guard play has been mediocre at best for the better part of 15 years.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

They got Okobo at #26 to Philly.

We have to find something useful with this pick if we keep it. Cause Vaughn,Maker,Wilson haven't been all to exciting for last three first round selections.

I have a feeling the draft media is a little behind on okobo yet. He worked out for nuggets a few days back who pick 14. A couple guys like holiday and Brunson were part of that workout too.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    We have to find something useful with this pick if we keep it. Cause Vaughn,Maker,Wilson haven't been all to exciting for last three first round selections.
    Lonnie! I think he can be Donovan Mitchell-esque. Good shooter, crazy athleticism and hops and has the tools to be a very good defender. If he's there at 17 I take him in a heartbeat. I would be fine with Okobo. K. Thomas to me is a pretty sure thing. Okobo, Walker higher upside IMO if we go guard route.

Im not a big Walker guy. His ability with the ball in his hands doesnt excite me. Hes going to be a shooter mostly who can attack the hope in over zealous close outs. He does have good quickness, so he may be able to blow by slower defenders. But he doesnt have the ball handling game, wiggle and creativity to really beat similar athletes off the dribble much. He wont really be a secondary ball handler.

To me, he actually reminds me of a guy like JR Smith. Nbadraft.net has one of his comps as oj mayo, which is probably solid, but I think OJ did offer a little more as a distributor but Walker has more explosive tools.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bucks sign OJ Mayo this off season. He said he owed Milwaukee. He said he felt bad coming in out of shape and over weight then the whole drug suspension. Sad thing is he probably instant starter at SG if he came back in shape. Snell lays eggs in his boxscores. Brogdon is so so but not a scoring threat. I think Brogdon scored like 20 points like 4 or 5 times all last season.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I have a feeling the draft media is a little behind on okobo yet. He worked out for nuggets a few days back who pick 14. A couple guys like holiday and Brunson were part of that workout too.
    Yeah I wasn't happy about draftexpress being bought out by ESPN. Now ESPN wants us to pay for insider to know mock drafts now. wtf.

I wouldn't mind Bucks buying a second round pick for Jevon Carter. Carter shot 39% from downtown at 6 attempts per game per 40 last two years. Also went to high school with lockdown Brown.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast