Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have less of an issue with this than re-signing Niko. I don't think either makes much sense, but at least an argument can be made that this guy might turn into a valuable asset with that kind of contract ($10M is peanuts in this league now) if he's any good.

Niko's almost certainly getting upwards of $15M per, my guess is $18-20M range. He'll have a hard time living up to that contract with this team, or any other IMO. He'll be well past the point of being considered an asset, he'll be a sunk cost before the ink dries.

Man, if the Bulls sign Niko to 18-20 mil per season, can someone check Garpax into the loony bin already?

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Man, if the Bulls sign Niko to 18-20 mil per season, can someone check Garpax into the loony bin already?
    I hate to say it, but it feels inevitable. There will be just enough teams bidding on him that they'll think he's a valuable commodity around the league, thus the overpay. Ryan Anderson (who Niko's agent should be using as a benchmark) is making $20M per...I don't expect him to get quite that much, but I don't expect it to be that far off either.

I think Niko is Clipper-bound

Anywhere but here.

I'd take Anderson over Niko....but either way, considering the Bulls current rebuilding efforts, I'd stay clear from both or any other middling role player for big money.

Look at GS and Cleveland....all their big money is tied into star players. Except for Cleveland who moronically signed TT because of LeBron. All the elite teams have their cap tied into star players and then lesser money on role players. To sign Niko to that deal when Pax stated they chose a direction and plan to be in the lottery is hilarious. Especially after they decided to sell a draft pick for a guy who plays the same position as NIko for 3.5 mil. If they sign Niko to 18 mil that's over a 14 million dollar difference for a guy who doesn't make a difference. Unbelievable.

So it looks like the bulls aren't signing him after reading what KC said.

One win can make a huge difference, looks like they're trying to get the number one overall pick..lottery balls better not mess us up.

Since KC said we're no longer interested I'm gonna close this thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123