Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moraband Sith

13 76.47%
  • AI

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All-Time Auction Playoffs (Moraband Sith vs. AI)

Every year Posters from PSD come together and do a secret auction of all players throughout NBA history attempting to make the best team and win the PSD All-Time Auction Championship! The teams have been seeded and are now in the playoffs. Please look over the teams and vote based on which team you think would win in a 7 game playoff series.

Moraband Sith has the higher seed and will have home court advantage in the series.

Moraband Sith:

PG: Jerry West (43) - Kirk Hinrich (5)
    SG: Jeff Hornacek (36) - Reggie Theus (12)
    SF: Dennis Rodman (28) - Luol Deng (20)
    PF: Chris Webber (38) - Dennis Rodman (8) - Carlos Boozer (2)
    C: Yao Ming (35) - Bill Cartwright (13)

vs.

AI:

PG: Kyle Lowry - Allen Iverson
    SG: James Harden - Cedric Maxwell
    SF: Scottie Pippen - Allan Houston
    PF: Shawn Marion - Paul Silas
    C: Artis Gilmore - Andrew Bogut

I'll wait for the write ups but, slight edge to Morband's team here.

My gut was Moraband but this one is the toughest of all the matchups. Pippen guards West. Then does Moraband have enough play-making? Webber is one of the best passing PFs in the game so that helps and we can't expect Pippen to shut out a top 20 player like West so yes I think they do. Let's look at the other end of the floor. Rodman on Harden? That would be insane. Wow I would love to see that. You might just keep West on Harden and put Rodman on Pippen. Nah I would use Rodman on Harden and put West on Pippen and then shift Hornacek on Lowry. I want to see hornacek/lowry are a wash but I don't know if I buy that. Wow this one is tricky. hmmm. Yao vs. Gilmore also feels like a wash. Slight edge to Gilmore. But Yao had the leg strength to hold his own against Shaq so I don't think it would be that easy. Both are slow so it's not a foot race. hmmm benches? I think those 2 minutes of Carlos Boozer will probably swing the series. I have him penciled in for 20-10 per 36 so divide by 18 we are looking at a solid 1.1-0.6 per game. But what if Paul Silas holds him under his career efficiency marks and he only makes 44% of his shots. Looks like the pendulum just swung back in the other direction! TOO CLOSE TO CALL! Will wait to hear matchups on this one.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I don't understand either of these teams lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs:31688797
    Seems like a classic half-court vs uptempo game.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Not sure what's confusing about my team

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3:31689249
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    My only guess is he is thrown off by your lineup playing guys "out of position." Jerry West normally plays SG and Rodman normally plays PF. I have no problem with either label switch myself but that is my theory.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust:31688679
    My gut was Moraband but this one is the toughest of all the matchups. Pippen guards West. Then does Moraband have enough play-making? Webber is one of the best passing PFs in the game so that helps and we can't expect Pippen to shut out a top 20 player like West so yes I think they do. Let's look at the other end of the floor. Rodman on Harden? That would be insane. Wow I would love to see that. You might just keep West on Harden and put Rodman on Pippen. Nah I would use Rodman on Harden and put West on Pippen and then shift Hornacek on Lowry. I want to see hornacek/lowry are a wash but I don't know if I buy that. Wow this one is tricky. hmmm. Yao vs. Gilmore also feels like a wash. Slight edge to Gilmore. But Yao had the leg strength to hold his own against Shaq so I don't think it would be that easy. Both are slow so it's not a foot race. hmmm benches? I think those 2 minutes of Carlos Boozer will probably swing the series. I have him penciled in for 20-10 per 36 so divide by 18 we are looking at a solid 1.1-0.6 per game. But what if Paul Silas holds him under his career efficiency marks and he only makes 44% of his shots. Looks like the pendulum just swung back in the other direction! TOO CLOSE TO CALL! Will wait to hear matchups on this one.
    Anyone doing a writeup? I genuinely want to hear game strategy here.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    He's just being a douche

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Seriously that sways my vote too.

I don't like either teams. That first team has talent but everything about it seems weird. I'd still probably pick them over the Harden led team but not sure how I could vote for that team in the 2nd round.

Wasn't there a better PG that Hinrich?

Like a Conley or a Eric Snow or Sam Cassell or Mark Jackson or M3oB or something?

My only guess is he is thrown off by your lineup playing guys "out of position." Jerry West normally plays SG and Rodman normally plays PF. I have no problem with either label switch myself but that is my theory.
    West is listed as a PG 12 out of 14 seasons.
    Rodman in his prime with Detroit played SF 5 out of 7 seasons

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that, so it's gotta be something else that doesn't make sense

Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't like either teams. That first team has talent but everything about it seems weird. I'd still probably pick them over the Harden led team but not sure how I could vote for that team in the 2nd round.
    What seems weird exactly? Besides the team complimenting each other perfectly, both for a half court and up tempo game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Wasn't there a better PG that Hinrich?

Like a Conley or a Eric Snow or Sam Cassell or Mark Jackson or M3oB or something?
    Eric Snow maybe, but he wasn't better than Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post

What seems weird exactly? Besides the team complimenting each other perfectly, both for a half court and up tempo game?
    Maybe it does but something about that front court I cannot just get over. I guess I am also still bitter at the time I placed West at PG and was told he should be at SG (I think my roster was West-McGrady-DefletEnglish-Unseld-Howard and 6th English)

Eric Snow maybe, but he wasn't better than Kirk
    Didn't he make a bunch of All NBA defensive team? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast