Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic

What is the absolute worst is when I go back and have some authentic Oakland food in mind only to find the place gone forever and replaced by some overly polished overly expensive hipster joint that isn't one tenth as good.

For the rest of my life I think about food from the past I can never have again.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Hahaha touchť. Tho Iíve since moved to Carlsbad. Iím actually looking to move further down south. I work in La Jolla and the commute is rough.
    Im assuming your commute is straight up and down the 5? Or the 5 to the 56? or 78? May have gotten worsen since I lived there, but just be glad you dont have to hit the 805. That freeway will give LA a run for its money.

Not sure if pay attention to the exits, but I lived right off of La Jolla Village Drive, practically across the street from that big Mormon temple. Might have told you before.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Im assuming your commute is straight up and down the 5? Or the 5 to the 56? or 78? May have gotten worsen since I lived there, but just be glad you dont have to hit the 805. That freeway will give LA a run for its money.

Not sure if pay attention to the exits, but I lived right off of La Jolla Village Drive, practically across the street from that big Mormon temple. Might have told you before.
    Yea I remember you mentioning it. That Mormon temple doesnít have anything on the one in Oakland.

I unfortunately hit the 78 to the 5 to 805. My companyís building is by the UTC mall. I get in at 7 and occasionally 6 when I get stuck with east coast clients and we need to schedule a weekly call that fits their timeline. So traffic isnít too bad in the morning. Iím supposed to be leaving around 330 but I realistically Iím there until 5 and traffic is brutal on the way back then.

I really need to move closer. Itís not horrible but itís around 2 hours round trip.

Not sure where this would go but its really confusing me.

The sideline reporters in the bubble are always wearing masks when they talk to players and coaches. The sideline reporters are also tested daily when they are in the bubble. Why are they wearing masks?

The reality is- they have far more of a chance of catching the flu during a game over the last 50 yrs than they do of catching Covid when everyone around them is being tested every day. So if they werent choosing to be extra careful and wear a mask to avoid flu season.... why would they be wearing a mask now??

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    not sure where this would go but its really confusing me.

The sideline reporters in the bubble are always wearing masks when they talk to players and coaches. The sideline reporters are also tested daily when they are in the bubble. Why are they wearing masks?

The reality is- they have far more of a chance of catching the flu during a game over the last 50 yrs than they do of catching covid when everyone around them is being tested every day. So if they werent choosing to be extra careful and wear a mask to avoid flu season.... Why would they be wearing a mask now??
    pr

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    pr
    got a feeling thats the main reason masks are being pushed even outside the bubble too.

got a feeling thats the main reason masks are being pushed even outside the bubble too.
    Anytime you are in close proximity with strangers wear a mask just in case. All the rest of the time don't. Not that hard to deal with.

Anytime you are in close proximity with strangers wear a mask just in case. All the rest of the time don't. Not that hard to deal with.
    Even when you know everybody has tested negative for over 3 weeks straight? Seems like if thats the case- not sure masks havent been regularly worn over the last 70 yrs for broadcasting teams in all sports

Even when you know everybody has tested negative for over 3 weeks straight? Seems like if thats the case- not sure masks havent been regularly worn over the last 70 yrs for broadcasting teams in all sports
    I said "strangers".

I said "strangers".
    Oh.... so as long as you introduce yourself, its fine to take the mask off.

Oh.... so as long as you introduce yourself, its fine to take the mask off.
    A little more than an introduction.

Livingston and Barbosa coming back to the warriors organization. Good move to keep the dynasty culture intact. High quality move by a High quality organization.

Heard a rumor recently about the twolves possibly trading KAT. I thought they wanted to keep D Lo and KAT topgether- that was most of the draw for wiggins.

The trade actually doesnt look bad though- KAT for Capela, J Collins, D Hunter and the number 6 pick. Im wondering if ther number 1 pick is thrown in with KAT in that deal.

Heard a rumor recently about the twolves possibly trading KAT. I thought they wanted to keep D Lo and KAT topgether- that was most of the draw for wiggins.

The trade actually doesnt look bad though- KAT for Capela, J Collins, D Hunter and the number 6 pick. Im wondering if ther number 1 pick is thrown in with KAT in that deal.
    That rumor came from an agent talking to a reporter, that agent heard it from a player who heard it from another player who heard it from who knows where.

It's extremely unlikely KAT gets traded.

That rumor came from an agent talking to a reporter, that agent heard it from a player who heard it from another player who heard it from who knows where.

It's extremely unlikely KAT gets traded.
    I see- but the fact that people put credability into that as being possible means that fans around the league believe thats where KAT's value is. If there is no draft pick included- I think that seems very high. LOL Id prob make that deal in a second if I was the twolves.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast