Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Chromehounds View Post
    Any guess on what type of offensive schemes the W's will deploy in the playoffs? From ISO to 2-man game? Ouch!
    pace and space with Cousins sprinting the court on every rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    pace and space with Cousins sprinting the court on every rebound.
    Looks like the cousins issue is turning into an Andrew Bogut situation. Kerr says he is right on schedule.....yet has no idea when he will be back. Im wondering if Kerr is intentionally trying to be annoying, or if he is a complete idiot. Based on his assessments on Gun Control and current politics overall, Im starting to think he just isnt very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Looks like the cousins issue is turning into an Andrew Bogut situation. Kerr says he is right on schedule.....yet has no idea when he will be back. Im wondering if Kerr is intentionally trying to be annoying, or if he is a complete idiot.
    Intentionally trying to be annoying

Any of you still in Oakland should go check out Oakland Roots. Their the local professional soccer team. Started last year. Great game atmosphere and their extremely active in the local community. They play at Laney College.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Any of you still in Oakland should go check out Oakland Roots. Their the local professional soccer team. Started last year. Great game atmosphere and their extremely active in the local community. They play at Laney College.
    I moved to Texas and Oakland got a lot worse since.

I moved to Texas and Oakland got a lot worse since.
    Iíve been in SD since 08 but still go back regularly to see family. Oakland hasnít gotten worse. (Outside of traffic).

Iíve been in SD since 08 but still go back regularly to see family. Oakland hasnít gotten worse. (Outside of traffic).
    I was there is July and it seemed like it was back to early 90s level of sketch in some parts. But that was just my impression, not based on any real data. The BART station I went through and the trains themselves were filthy. The area around 92 seemed about the same as before.

I was there is July and it seemed like it was back to early 90s level of sketch in some parts. But that was just my impression, not based on any real data. The BART station I went through and the trains themselves were filthy. The area around 92 seemed about the same as before.
    Yea BART is still nasty and the homeless situation is worse than ever. But there are several areas that are much nicer. (Contributing to the homeless problem)

^ big contribution to the homeless popoulation. I try and avoid BART as much as possible but when I went to a game for the first and only time this season, there was am upgraded BART train. If all the cars are converted then that will be a massive upgrade

San Marcos doesn't count as SD

Moved back from SD in '11 and have lived in SF since. Oakland has had big changes, namely gentrification and huge homeless problem. Alot of culture is gone, but areas are also relatively safer. Don't know too much about it since I haven't lived there or anything, but I'm in Oakland regularly and can say with certainty that its definitely not the same.

Better or worse, is subjective of course.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

For those of us from Oakland, I can say that the Town is worse with the extra traffic, and heavily gentrified and therefore heavily ignored homeless population. Oakland Ďgangsí pretty much stick to their own neighborhoods and isolated beef so thatís never really been a problem for the rest of the Town

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    San Marcos doesn't count as SD

Moved back from SD in '11 and have lived in SF since. Oakland has had big changes, namely gentrification and huge homeless problem. Alot of culture is gone, but areas are also relatively safer. Don't know too much about it since I haven't lived there or anything, but I'm in Oakland regularly and can say with certainty that its definitely not the same.

Better or worse, is subjective of course.
    Hahaha touchť. Tho Iíve since moved to Carlsbad. Iím actually looking to move further down south. I work in La Jolla and the commute is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    For those of us from Oakland, I can say that the Town is worse with the extra traffic, and heavily gentrified and therefore heavily ignored homeless population. Oakland Ďgangsí pretty much stick to their own neighborhoods and isolated beef so thatís never really been a problem for the rest of the Town
    Yeah the gentrification has some areas "better", but the homeless issue and the drug issue seem to have gone up in the last 2 years.

Still, when I go back I basically eat my way from one end of the town to the other. Can't get that food anywhere in Texas. They think they do it right here, but it's not right right.

I do miss the food in the bay. Itís next level.

I do miss the food in the bay. Itís next level.
    I lived in western PA for 4 years, it was BLEAK. Seriously there is no good food there.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast