Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    does anybody watch JJ reddick on youtube.... his stuff is pretty good and hes trying to get into broadcasting.
    I've seen some of it. He is good. I'd love to see a future replacement for Kenny, Chuck, and Shaq be JJ, Dray, and Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've seen some of it. He is good. I'd love to see a future replacement for Kenny, Chuck, and Shaq be JJ, Dray, and Giannis.
    LOL- best part is. JJ reddick as a youtuber is a huge fan of the warriors. Draymond and him had a cool video recently.

Interesting story coming out about former Dolphins coach Brian Flores. Apparently the organization did him dirty because he was not down with tanking for a draft pick. It was refreshing to see that a lot of former nfl players ripped the organization for this! Basically they said that every game in the NFL players are risking their careers auditioning to for 30 teams and a team throwing away games is completely inconsiderate to the integrity of the game and what these men are sacrificing.

I wish people would stand up against the greg pop in the nba for resting guys and punting games. Kerr pulled this last night and it very nearly ended up being a devastating loss to a team with a worse record.

Interesting story coming out about former Dolphins coach Brian Flores. Apparently the organization did him dirty because he was not down with tanking for a draft pick. It was refreshing to see that a lot of former nfl players ripped the organization for this! Basically they said that every game in the NFL players are risking their careers auditioning to for 30 teams and a team throwing away games is completely inconsiderate to the integrity of the game and what these men are sacrificing.

I wish people would stand up against the greg pop in the nba for resting guys and punting games. Kerr pulled this last night and it very nearly ended up being a devastating loss to a team with a worse record.
    Popovich got his start tanking and it resulted in all those Spurs titles. Face it, tanking isn't going away. That you equate resting players with tanking is just your lunacy, that you call a possible regular season loss of a single game as "devastating" is just pure comedy. The Jazz lost Joe Ingles for the season, THAT is not even "devastating".

How the Dolphins (or any team) tank does make a difference. If a team intentionally goes VERY young knowing that it will result in a lot of losing and better draft picks ... that is tanking, but I certainly have no issue with it, and most people don't either, but in reality they are not prioritizing winning now they are trying a tactic to win more in the future. Tanking.

Popovich got his start tanking and it resulted in all those Spurs titles. Face it, tanking isn't going away. That you equate resting players with tanking is just your lunacy, that you call a possible regular season loss of a single game as "devastating" is just pure comedy. The Jazz lost Joe Ingles for the season, THAT is not even "devastating".

How the Dolphins (or any team) tank does make a difference. If a team intentionally goes VERY young knowing that it will result in a lot of losing and better draft picks ... that is tanking, but I certainly have no issue with it, and most people don't either, but in reality they are not prioritizing winning now they are trying a tactic to win more in the future. Tanking.
    tanking has a simple fix. make the lottery dead even. All 14 teams have a 1/14 chance of getting the 4 picks. (or 1/14,1/13,1/12,1/11) then starting with pick 5 they can do it in order of worst to best record.

tanking has a simple fix. make the lottery dead even. All 14 teams have a 1/14 chance of getting the 4 picks. (or 1/14,1/13,1/12,1/11) then starting with pick 5 they can do it in order of worst to best record.
    That fixes the worst tanking but not all tanking and creates a bunch of other issues and most people (and certainly not the NBA) don't see tanking as as bad a problem as you do.

Every sport has tanking but with the NBA it's a bigger deal every year because the media is desperate for something to talk about because there just are not enough stories to fill the time/space. Just in body mass, the NBA has 450 maximum players of which maybe 250 are worth a story. The NHL has almost twice as many players, MLB has hundreds more, and if you count players with MLB contracts it's even more, the NFL has 2250 players under contract. More people, and just as important, more people who can have a significant impact in a game means there are more stories and more stuff to cover for the other major sports ... so the media is just looking for a story and end up looking at tanking every year. The MLB media LOOKS FORWARD to teams tanking because it's like they get a whole new free agent period mid-year every year.

My favorite anti-tanking scheme is the draft pick draft. The week after free agency every team drafts another team to get their draft pick rights. Then the picks are in straight record order, no lottery. So the Pistons would pick another team and for next year's draft they wouldn't have the rights to their own Pistons pick they would have the rights to that other team's pick, and so on down the line to the last team in the NBA. That would mean your own team's record would not matter to that year's draft pick at all so you could win every single game or lose every game and it would have no effect on where you pick. But at the same time the worst teams get to guess which other team would have the worst record the following year so the worst teams would have SOME advantage but it would be more randomized and would put record and pick years apart.

Lakers fan thinks the Lakers will trade LeBron to the Warriors for Poole, Kuminga, Wiseman, and Wiggins.

Holy ****.

Lakers fan thinks the Lakers will trade LeBron to the Warriors for Poole, Kuminga, Wiseman, and Wiggins.

Holy ****.
    Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Where did you see that?
    Twitter. Seriously I don't think people have been listening when the Warriors owners, front office, coaches talk.

Twitter. Seriously I don't think people have been listening when the Warriors owners, front office, coaches talk.
    No doubt. Their building hard into the Spurs model but willing to spend. Huge piece is Klay and Drays next deals and even Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    No doubt. Their building hard into the Spurs model but willing to spend. Huge piece is Klay and Drays next deals and even Wiggins.
    And Poole's.

I hope they use the Spurs cap cheat for Klay, Dray, and eventually Steph is he wants to continue past this contract.

Seriously the media has been traying to trade away the Warriors draft picks for years ... they are clearly not listening to the Warriors.

And Poole's.

I hope they use the Spurs cap cheat for Klay, Dray, and eventually Steph is he wants to continue past this contract.

Seriously the media has been traying to trade away the Warriors draft picks for years ... they are clearly not listening to the Warriors.
    Poole will 100% get the rookie max. Zero questions.

Wiggins I hope take a 3-4 year deal at 20 million. Dray I hope opts out of his 27 and takes a 2-3 year deal to line up with Curry at 20 million. Klay should also move down to 25 range once his deal is up and hopefully line up with Curry’s deal. After that, I’d like each to just go with 1+1 deals with a player option.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415