Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Anyone else think the video game addicted prospect might be Gauthier?
    Nahhhh he's a puzzle guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Nahhhh he's a puzzle guy.
    Exactly what worries me. Puzzles hat old and he's obviously a home body.

The report said it was a recent 1st rounder from a "very, very prominent team in the league". Any other guesses?

Exactly what worries me. Puzzles hat old and he's obviously a home body.

The report said it was a recent 1st rounder from a "very, very prominent team in the league". Any other guesses?
    It's not Gauthier. Marek said recent 1st rounder, very prominent organization and is still in junior (6 month old info he said) and is a "good junior player" (i assume he means producer).

I immediately thought of Dal Colle and Ho-Sang from the Isles because of how bad they are but i think both of them are in the AHL now and were last year too. The 2017 draft is too soon to make a statement like "he may not ever make the NHL because of this". 2014 1st rounders aged out of the OHL and are now in the AHL. So we're looking at 2015 and 2016 drafts i think. Marek also said this info was 6 months old so it's possible the player spent 50% of this season in the OHL and moved to another league

Max Jones? Fits all the boxes except prominent team (Anaheim). The Ducks aren't the Leafs/Habs but they have been one of the better teams of the last decade. Jones was traded from London to Kingston which might be an indicator that London wasn't happy with him, and we know Hunter is in TO and around a lot of media and might divulge some info. Jones also had his goals per game go up but his assists were down which might align with the "he doesn't have energy to play after pulling all-nighters playing video games" assuming that being a playmaker is a bit more of an activity that goal scoring.

Logan Brown? Ottawa is pretty prominent, i guess? He was also traded midway through the season and he's the only guy i can remember in the last few years having people question his work ethic. I could see a person from Ottawa's front office leaking that information with how dysfunctional that place has been. Would Logan Brown be thrilled with the prospect of playing hard so he can end up in Ottawa? When he was up in the NHL early this year there was frustration among Sens fans that he only got a few games and played less than 8 minutes in most of them. Boucher is a coach that wants guys to work to the max on defense

Juolevi? Another product of the London factory he was seen as one of the safest picks and one of the most NHL ready D. Comes over to the OHL, does ok but still talk of him not thriving and they send him back home. Maybe he was homesick? Didn't have many friends here, locked himself in a room and played games all day. They send him home to get him back on track. Juolevi's struggles have probably been the biggest prospect question of the last few years and i'm sure Marek has asked Hunter. Juolevi doesn't check the "he still plays in the OHL" box but i don't know how long ago Marek got his info.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 05-19-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Eemeli Rasanen signs a two year deal with Jokerit of the KHL. J.D. Greenway will play for the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL. Keaton Middleton to enter the entry draft again.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Eemeli Rasanen signs a two year deal with Jokerit of the KHL. J.D. Greenway will play for the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL. Keaton Middleton to enter the entry draft again.
    I think our window on signing Rasanen extends. im okay with it. gives us more time to see if he can be a force at a tougher level.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    I think our window on signing Rasanen extends. im okay with it. gives us more time to see if he can be a force at a tougher level.
    Yeah the window does extend which is obviously a good thing. It extends from June 1st, 2019 to 2021. Big D like him can take longer to develop and he now gets to use his physical tools against men instead of teenagers. I'm not too worried about losing Middleton.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 05-25-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Yeah the window does extend which is obviously a good thing. It extends from June 1st, 2019 to 2021. Big D like him can take longer to develop and he now gets to use his physical tools against men instead of teenagers. I'm not too worried about losing Middleton.
    Middleton will probably sign an ATO or something. doubt he gets drafted again at his age.

Middleton, Mattinen don't sign, they'll re-enter the draft. Likely not picked. Piccinich has one more year on his AHL deal so we keep his rights. Vesey likely goes unsigned in August.

Adam Mascherin and Hudson Elynuik are interesting forwards re-entering the draft. One is 5'9" and one is 6'5", both are about 210 lbs and both put up great numbers the last few seasons in junior.

Marlies added a couple interesting names today that likely start with the Growlers but could push their way to the Marlies.

Hudson Elynuik: 6'5" 210 lb C former 3rd rounder of Carolina that put up 31 goals and 86 points in the WHL with Spokane this year. Thought he woukd get re-drafted for sure.

Giorgio Estephan: 6'0" 195lb C former 6th round pick of Buffalo that put up 30 goals and 86 points in the WHL split between Lethbridge and Swift Current. Put up 89 points the year before as well.

Ryan Moore: 5'7" 170 lb C/RW that put up just 18 goals and 60 points this year in an injury plagued season splut between Flint and Hamilton. Put up 39 goals and 90 points the season before.

Loading up on centres lol.

I saw Moore play this year and he didn't stand out to me.

Loading up on centres lol.

I saw Moore play this year and he didn't stand out to me.
    He was bad this year but he played hurt. Was dominant the year before on a bad team.

Leafs sign 2018 first round pick(29th overall) Rasmus Sandin to an ELC.

Leafs sign 2018 first round pick(29th overall) Rasmus Sandin to an ELC.
    Cool. Think he plays junior again this year unless the Leafs/Marlies nuke their defensive depth. I'm not sure but if he plays in the Soo this year, then the AHL next year, he could be a slide candidate similar to Liljegren. Effectively their ELC's give us 5 years instead of just 3.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456