Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I dont think he was ever getting a contract tbh. Just too many forward prospects and he hadnt done much since being drafted

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Update on the 2017 Draft so far:

Timothy Liljegren (1st Round)
    Team: Toronto Marlies
    GP:10
    G:1
    A:5
    PTS:6
    +/-:6

- as an 18 year old playing in the A, thats pretty impressive out of the gate.

Eemeli Rasanen (2nd Round)
    Team: Kingston Frontenacs
    GP:21
    G:3
    A:13
    PTS:16
    +/-:4

- Good start for the big man, nursing an injury and still needs to work on his skating but coming along nicely.

Ian Scott (4th Round)
    Team:Prince Albert Raiders
    GP: 12
    Record: 6-5-1
    GAA: 2.97
    SV%: .914

- was injured at the start of the year but great numbers on a really bad team that faces 35 shots a game on average and had an .868 SV% with him out of the lineup.

Vadislav Kara (4th Round)
    Team:Bars Kazan (VHL)
    GP:12
    G:6
    A:2
    PTS:8
    +/-: -1

-Has also played 7 games in the KHL with next to zero ice time an hence no points. Has a shot at Russias world junior squad so hopefully we get a look around christmas.

Fedor Gordeev (5th Round)
    Team: Flint Firebirds
    GP:23
    A:6
    PTS:9
    +/-:-18

-Like his team, started out well but lately has been a tire fire. Hopefully he gets traded to a better team at the OHL deadline so we can see how he looks. Mattinen is also on that team so hopefully they both get out.

Ryan McGregor (6th Round)
    Team: Sarnia Sting
    GP:25
    G:7
    A:11
    PTS:18
    +/-:14

-Basically buried as the third line center on a crazy deep Sarnia team. Has a shot at a Memorial Cup with that group and a much larger role next year.

Ryan O'Connell (7th Round)
    Team: Penticton Vees (BCHL)
    GP:22
    A:11
    PTS:14
    +/-:0

-Is tied for second in PPG for defensemen under the age of 19 in the BCHL and is committed to Boston University next season. Probably have a better idea of his value next season and if he can push for a spot on the U.S. junior squad.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Excited about Liljegren but somehow more excited about Rasanen. I think it's because he's such a wild card and has that Chara-lite potential. That being said, Rasanen is like Chara in the sense that it's going to take him a long, long time to develop. We're talking another 4-5 years before we know whether he's Bambi on ice or a legit player. Dmen take forever to develop, with players his size you can tack on another year or two. Still love the pick even though it's highly likely that he never works out. Liljegren IMO is a given to make the NHL. I think he needs another year in the AHL but I'm sure he'll be on the team next year, he'll impress in camp. His skating is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Excited about Liljegren but somehow more excited about Rasanen. I think it's because he's such a wild card and has that Chara-lite potential. That being said, Rasanen is like Chara in the sense that it's going to take him a long, long time to develop. We're talking another 4-5 years before we know whether he's Bambi on ice or a legit player. Dmen take forever to develop, with players his size you can tack on another year or two. Still love the pick even though it's highly likely that he never works out. Liljegren IMO is a given to make the NHL. I think he needs another year in the AHL but I'm sure he'll be on the team next year, he'll impress in camp. His skating is too good.
    Rasanen definitely isn't Bambi lol he goes out of his way to mash guys at times. His wildcard is skating and positioning. Needs fewer high risk hit attempts (where he gets scored on/beat) and needs to work on quick strides and edges.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Rasanen definitely isn't Bambi lol he goes out of his way to mash guys at times. His wildcard is skating and positioning. Needs fewer high risk hit attempts (where he gets scored on/beat) and needs to work on quick strides and edges.
    i think that is what he was saying. bambi sucks at skating.

happy to see Matthews above a PPG this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If he stays there all season, i'm going to ship my pants

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32015209
    The scary part is he can be so much better.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Not a current Leafs spec post but a future Leafs spec post? Anyway, some people are reporting that Barb Underhill is going to arenas and recording 2018 top-prospects skating strides on an ipad. Barb does work with non-Leaf players but i think she only works for our organization.

correction: She went to the arena that is holding the CHL top-prospects due to take place tomorrow.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-25-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Not a current Leafs spec post but a future Leafs spec post? Anyway, some people are reporting that Barb Underhill is going to arenas and recording 2018 top-prospects skating strides on an ipad. Barb does work with non-Leaf players but i think she only works for our organization.

correction: She went to the arena that is holding the CHL top-prospects due to take place tomorrow.
    Interesting. Maybe looking at some big lanky guys or just guys that get knocked for their skating to see if she can do anything with them. valuable information come draft time. Rasanen is wprking with her and she's done wonders for JvR and Goat.

Does deadline make us more or less likely to sell our UFA'a at the deadline? The rest of the division is already mailing it in with us 15 points up on the next closest team. IMO I don't think we should be trying to beat Tampa or Boston in round 1 by blowing assets at the deadline.

Move the UFA's and lets see what the kids can do in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Does deadline make us more or less likely to sell our UFA'a at the deadline? The rest of the division is already mailing it in with us 15 points up on the next closest team. IMO I don't think we should be trying to beat Tampa or Boston in round 1 by blowing assets at the deadline.

Move the UFA's and lets see what the kids can do in the first round.
    I'm not a fan of letting guys just walk. I would make the trades and stock up on picks and prospects. It's the only way to stay good when there's going to be serious money thrown at the big 3 maybe as soon as this off-season. You always have to make sure your cupboard is loaded with cheap talent. When the team can be considered a legitimate, serious cup contender then maybe you don't make those trades and go all in but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I'm not a fan of letting guys just walk. I would make the trades and stock up on picks and prospects. It's the only way to stay good when there's going to be serious money thrown at the big 3 maybe as soon as this off-season. You always have to make sure your cupboard is loaded with cheap talent. When the team can be considered a legitimate, serious cup contender then maybe you don't make those trades and go all in but not now.
    I agree, i mean we would still put up a great series with:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
    Marleau-Kadri-Marner
    Leivo-???-Brown
    Soshnikov-Gauthier-Kapanen
    Martin-Smith

Rielly-Hainsey
    Dermott-Zaitsev
    Gardiner-Carrick
    Borgman

Andersen
    Sparks

-the wildcard is that third line C spot if we move Bozak but if we do move the pending UFA's I would target Bjugstad since Florida seems done with him. 55% on the draw, just 25 still, locked in for a few years, and can park him right where Jvr used to be on the PP.

Sorry meant to put this conversation in the trade ideas thread.

Marlies won 2-0 tonight. Sparks with another SO boosting his numbers to a 1.60 GAA and a .944 SV%

Gauthier 2 assists and Liljegren was back in the lineup.

In case you were wondering about the Brian Boyle trade last deadline, this is the guy Tampa drafted with our 2nd round pick:

Alexander Volkov: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=277802

Energy forward, smart hockey sense, great shot, middle-6 potential according to the scouting reports. He's in the AHL playing well as a 20 year old. I don't mind that we gave up the pick, it's that the Lightning drafted him a full round earlier than mock drafts had him. We should poach some of the Tbay scouts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast