Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What is wrong with Q ?

He is nowhere near the same pitcher this year. He might even be untradable at this point,....if you want a big package for him.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

It's very hard to watch him struggle so bad..........this years James Shields.....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Q looked like Danks IMO with the meat pitches. Sale was beatable and when not striking out Sox were hitting Sale. Love how Abreu with the bsseloaded was not GS HR chance mode and moved the line getting at least two in off of Sale.

Q stock is now close to risky for some of these package deals you guys discuss. Said after his 3 start that being the #1 is effecting him. But best hope any GM see a turn around.

No idea what is "wrong" with him. in the end i think his track record and his affordable contract make him valuable in a trade. if we cannot get a great package for him I would rather hold on to him. No need for us to panic and make a bad trade bc of 2 months of bad pitching.

His strand rate is about 7% lower than normal and his HR/FB is the highest it has been in his career. As those normalize he stats should get better. He's actually completely changed his pitch selection from 2016 and went back to how he pitched in 2015 and before.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    No idea what is "wrong" with him. in the end i think his track record and his affordable contract make him valuable in a trade. if we cannot get a great package for him I would rather hold on to him. No need for us to panic and make a bad trade bc of 2 months of bad pitching.
    I agree with this.

We have him for 3 more years plenty of time to turn it around. From 2012-2016 was no doubt a top 10 pitcher in baseball.

If he has a few good games his value skyrockets

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

The GM of a rival club tells Heyman that he doesn’t think the shaky start to the season for White Sox lefty Jose Quintana will negatively impact his trade value all that much. While some have suggested that the Sox missed an opportunity to move him this offseason, there are of course still three and a half very affordable years on Quintana’s contract, and his 8.95 K/9 rate is actually a career-best. In more loosely related ChiSox news, he notes that Brett Lawrie is still waiting for his ailing foot to get back to full health before seeking out a new team.

The Yankees or Astros should make a move for him. Both of those clubs adding Q makes them serious WS contenders. Sure he hasnt been great this season, but who else on the trade market could provide more bang for your buck!?

I could see the Cubs jumping in to. They could use pitching help and have the players to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    I could see the Cubs jumping in to. They could use pitching help and have the players to get it done.
    To make a deal with the Cubs they really have to blow us away with an offer. Theo isnt the type to overpay on a player unfortunately. Any deal for Q I want 2 top 100 position players coming back at a minimum.

Jose Quintana's last four starts: 24 IP, 19 H, 6 R/ER, 8 BB, 24 K. That's a 2.25 ERA.