Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft 2017

I don't follow the MLB draft much at all so I really don't know who would be a good pick or not.

I just hope we go positional player if a great one is there but, with the success of some of our draft picks I do put my trust in the front office.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't follow the MLB draft much at all so I really don't know who would be a good pick or not.

I just hope we go positional player if a great one is there but, with the success of some of our draft picks I do put my trust in the front office.
    They had the Braves scouting director Brian Bridges on the air during game 1 today and he said something like "we really have our eyes on some hitters this year, it's a balanced class." I knew they wouldn't get names out of him but I found it interesting he even said that much.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post

The thing is, the top3 players are pitchers. If one of Gore or Wright is there, we take them, no brained. Lewis has lots of potential and wouldn't be a bad pick but Gore and Wright are studs.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/235454466/louisvilles-brendan-mckay-favorite-to-go-1st/?topicid=151437456

Seems Callis is hearing rumblings about McKay going #1. I wonder if Wright falls to #5 if he's not the first pick?
    I don't think Wright get past the Rays if he's not taken first overall, the only player the Rays like more than Wright is McKay, barring any surprise pick by the top 4 teams the Braves are going to decide between Lewis and Beck.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2017/6/11...source=twitter

In terms of under slot options they are exploring, prep arm Shane Baz (a name that has come up repeatedly with the Braves this draft season) has been mentioned. Mayo also reports that prep bats Nick Pratto and Tristan Lutz are in play as well as college bats Adam Haseley and Keston Hiura.

It is worth mentioning that Mayo’s report states that Pratto, Lutz, and Hiura have all worked out for the Braves recently in Atlanta. If the Braves were able to cut an under slot deal with the 5th overall pick, it could enable them to sign a player such as prep bat Mark Vientos or college arm Tristan Beck to over slot deals later in the draft.

Not liking the under slot rumors ( unless it's Beck or Adele), for the Braves. I think there is a very clear top five, however I go back to my earlier point about who the Braves think they can develop. If they don't think they can develop the BPA, then go with the player you can.

MLB Draft 2017

Someone on Atlanta Dugout posted that Law says Baz has a deal in place with the Braves.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Has anyone else seen that

Haven't seen it but doubt Law knows for sure. If Wright is there, we don't pass him up for a deal with Baz. Same goes with Gore.

Yeah that's what's strange to me... Baz is also said to have a strong commitment to TCU ( I think), so how much cheaper is he willing to sign? And I agree with you, the only projected top 5 player I think the Braves will pass on is McKay. I'm not knocking him, but they're have been reports on the Braves interest in the other 4 ( Green, Gire, Wright, and Lewis).

But at the end of the day... while I say it's a bit strange, it wouldn't be a huge surprise. They're is reported interest in him from the Braves.

Also seeing us tied to Hiura a bunch this morning. Good bat but injury and defense questions. Would be a deal pick.

BA's mock this morning has Wright falling to us with the Rays taking an underslot pick. This would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    BA's mock this morning has Wright falling to us with the Rays taking an underslot pick. This would be amazing.
    Do you'd take Wright over Lewis?

Everyday of the week and twice on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Everyday of the week and twice on Monday.
    So I'm taking that to mean, you're a believer that he's an Ace?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast