Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    So wait I am on Chap 3 and I don't have the Jack Hall Treasure maps? Did I go too far?

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    So wait I am on Chap 3 and I don't have the Jack Hall Treasure maps? Did I go too far?
    Nah it's just a stranger encounter. There's a guy on the cliff West of flatrock station. You just go and find him, and he'll sell you the first map for $10. It takes some time to get it completed, but it gives you 2 gold bars that you can sell at the fence for $1,000... Well worth it.

Curious how multiplayer will work. Will we get to buy land or properties or businesses? Cause they will have Shark cards/cactus cards. A friend was asking me yesterday if someone kills our horse online will we lose it? Or insurance brings it back? Who knows if we get the revive for a horse online or not. Would suck if its a expensive horse then gets killed in two seconds. Also can people bring guns into the bar and stores? Would suck to be winning at the poker table then shot in the back. I think multiplayer will be a trollfest in public matches.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Curious how multiplayer will work. Will we get to buy land or properties or businesses? Cause they will have Shark cards/cactus cards. A friend was asking me yesterday if someone kills our horse online will we lose it? Or insurance brings it back? Who knows if we get the revive for a horse online or not. Would suck if its a expensive horse then gets killed in two seconds. Also can people bring guns into the bar and stores? Would suck to be winning at the poker table then shot in the back. I think multiplayer will be a trollfest in public matches.
    I'm going to stake out your poker table and then rob you blind lol

People were even curious about the lasso. If we can get tied up and thrown over back end of a horse and stuck rest of the game.

Up to chapter 6 now. **** is magnificent. The twist about Arthur really hit me hard.

I'm still on chapter 2

Yeah I been milking my game slowly. Mainly hunting or gambling. I don't wanna rush through it.

Have never played a console game and I don't know much about them, but the game play videos for this game look amazing. I have questions:

1. Can I play this sufficiently well on a PS4 original and a 1080 HD 50" TV? What about on a 30" 720 HD TV? I hope someone doesn't tell me I must have a PS4 Pro. I don't want to invest that much.
    2. For the PS4 - I would try to buy used on Ebay. I'm well-schooled on Ebay (been buying selling since 1999), but what should I look for in a PS4 console?
    3. How many hours does it take to complete the game if you play at a casual pace and dont race to the end?
    4. How important is it to do stuff like crafting?
    5. Should I play the original Red Dead Redemption first? Can you play it on a PS4?
    6. Digital copy versus hard copy (disc) - which is better?
    Last edited by Dugmet; 11-14-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I haven't really been into games much outside of the casual Madden/NBA 2k/MLB The Show play for a couple years now (ever since Witcher 2) but this game is freaking amazing! I am in chapter 3 now... but spend so much time just riding around dealing with strangers, hunting, exploring, and making $$$. Love the graphics! And the world is huge! I'm still struggling with some controls like Dead Eye, dueling, and some issues with the horse controls... but other than that it's been amazing and I've already sunk way too much time into this game. But I don't care! It's amazing!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Have never played a console game and I don't know much about them, but the game play videos for this game look amazing. I have questions:

1. Can I play this sufficiently well on a PS4 original and a 1080 HD 50" TV? What about on a 30" 720 HD TV? I hope someone doesn't tell me I must have a PS4 Pro. I don't want to invest that much.
    2. For the PS4 - I would try to buy used on Ebay. I'm well-schooled on Ebay (been buying selling since 1999), but what should I look for in a PS4 console?
    3. How many hours does it take to complete the game if you play at a casual pace and dont race to the end?
    4. How important is it to do stuff like crafting?
    5. Should I play the original Red Dead Redemption first? Can you play it on a PS4?
    6. Digital copy versus hard copy (disc) - which is better?
    I cant answer all of them but I can some of them. On a PS4 console, you definaly want a 1TB system. I made the mistake of buying the 500 GB one and I am already finding myself short on space. I had to buy a external hard drive to get more space. There is a good black friday sale going on right now at gamestop where you can get a 1TB PS4 with Spiderman included for 200$. You don't have to play the first game first but you will get some references and Easter eggs if you do, and you can't play it on PS4. I would go with hard copy over digital it saves you more space but some prefer digital so they don't have to worry about changing disks.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234