Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy2Times View Post
    I think David Harris would be a good pick up for us and a good choice for him. With the amount of different packages we have, he won't be relied on to be a 3 down LB. We were looking at getting a pass rusher like Dumervil and this maybe just as good or better because it would allow us to keep Mathews at OLB full time
    That's part of it from GB's side I bet though.

Okay we run nickel X% of the time (IDK what it is anymore) but it's a lot. The majority. We take an ILB off the field for this some, sometimes a DL. Depends. They start going, Blake, Jake, and Joe are all better in the nickel than David so he's a 2 down player max. And even with the veteran savvy possibly not any better than our "starters" ATM. It's certainly nothing I'm against but his signing wouldn't move the needle for me. Doom wouldn't a ton either But he's off the market now so no real point in talking about him.

Walden is still out there, rumor going around he's in the PED program, TOTAL rumor based off nothing though. Only other hope is a guy is cut. Fack adding 15ish pounds? IIRC, gives me some hope. Depth there is pitiful. Can live with Clay and Nick all day if healthy........but we know how it is with those two and that just makes the depth issue loom even larger. I would venture that our backup depth there is close to league average, but the injury bug hits the guys in front of them a lot so we talk about it more, it seems.

I would bet dollars to donuts we sign one more dude cut (not just a rando, someone we know) before we get to the season. But not too many "names" are gonna be cut from now on I would suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That's part of it from GB's side I bet though.

Okay we run nickel X% of the time (IDK what it is anymore) but it's a lot. The majority. We take an ILB off the field for this some, sometimes a DL. Depends. They start going, Blake, Jake, and Joe are all better in the nickel than David so he's a 2 down player max. And even with the veteran savvy possibly not any better than our "starters" ATM. It's certainly nothing I'm against but his signing wouldn't move the needle for me. Doom wouldn't a ton either But he's off the market now so no real point in talking about him.

Walden is still out there, rumor going around he's in the PED program, TOTAL rumor based off nothing though. Only other hope is a guy is cut. Fack adding 15ish pounds? IIRC, gives me some hope. Depth there is pitiful. Can live with Clay and Nick all day if healthy........but we know how it is with those two and that just makes the depth issue loom even larger. I would venture that our backup depth there is close to league average, but the injury bug hits the guys in front of them a lot so we talk about it more, it seems.

I would bet dollars to donuts we sign one more dude cut (not just a rando, someone we know) before we get to the season. But not too many "names" are gonna be cut from now on I would suspect.
    True and with Josh Jones even playing some ILB, it leads you to believe that "if" we make a move it will more than likely be at OLB. I think there are more ways with our depth at DB, that we can get by with some lack of depth at OLB. HA HA has proven in the past, he is not bad down in the box and blitzing off the edge and with being in that nickel quite often, we have sent the db(obviously not ideal, but a way to still get pressure with injury). We also have decent speed and pass rush for our DL, so a 3-3-5 is something we could use more than the 2-3 or 2-4 than we have in the past. I personally would like David Harris, because I know we are all concerned about our 31st ranked pass defense, but I think that is much improved, I am once again concerned with our decade long run defense struggle and David Harris could help there, Chicago and MN will be run heavy this season.

True and with Josh Jones even playing some ILB, it leads you to believe that "if" we make a move it will more than likely be at OLB. I think there are more ways with our depth at DB, that we can get by with some lack of depth at OLB. HA HA has proven in the past, he is not bad down in the box and blitzing off the edge and with being in that nickel quite often, we have sent the db(obviously not ideal, but a way to still get pressure with injury). We also have decent speed and pass rush for our DL, so a 3-3-5 is something we could use more than the 2-3 or 2-4 than we have in the past. I personally would like David Harris, because I know we are all concerned about our 31st ranked pass defense, but I think that is much improved, I am once again concerned with our decade long run defense struggle and David Harris could help there, Chicago and MN will be run heavy this season.
    Harris can still run some, but he's not the athlete he once was. Maybe I'm selling him a bit short and he could play in nickel, IDK. I don't see him a ton these days obviously. I feel like outside of the IQ and exp he's kinda similar to our top 2, that was sort of my thinking.

I'd agree that I would rather see something happen at OLB, but geez, who....who knows. A few teams changing D this year? Maybe going to a 43 and someone doesn't fit.

Harris can still run some, but he's not the athlete he once was. Maybe I'm selling him a bit short and he could play in nickel, IDK. I don't see him a ton these days obviously. I feel like outside of the IQ and exp he's kinda similar to our top 2, that was sort of my thinking.

I'd agree that I would rather see something happen at OLB, but geez, who....who knows. A few teams changing D this year? Maybe going to a 43 and someone doesn't fit.
    I think with us continuing to draft athletes on D it opens it up for a lot, but we all know how this will go, Harris has New England written all over him lol they always land these guys it seems

I think with us continuing to draft athletes on D it opens it up for a lot, but we all know how this will go, Harris has New England written all over him lol they always land these guys it seems
    They always land him because every single guy that gets cut they say they will go there lol.

I've heard it for Maclin and Decker. Now Harris, no matter who it is, they are NE material haha.

But really they take advantage of what they have which is a legitimate shot to win the super bowl at any given season so they get guys that will play for peanuts to win a super bowl like the Cleveland Cavs or something, if Aaron wins his 2nd super bowl, I think we can start dictating the market a little more the way they can

But really they take advantage of what they have which is a legitimate shot to win the super bowl at any given season so they get guys that will play for peanuts to win a super bowl like the Cleveland Cavs or something, if Aaron wins his 2nd super bowl, I think we can start dictating the market a little more the way they can
    I think the biggest thing, that nobody admits, that guys are more ready to go there for less money than here. But yeah another SB would help, they believe NE can do it a lot more than us, that type of thing. I think we're agreeing haha

I would be all for bringing in David Harris.
    Living in NJ, I get stuck watching a ton of Jets games. Harris is definitely declining, but he is still a solid ILB. Todd Bowles definitely wasn't happy about him being released and there is a reason why. He is a leader, a play caller, and still has a couple solid years of football left in him. He will end up with a contender, most likely not us, but I would be happy if it was.

I guess the struggle with a guy like Harris is how much does he fit in our D and can we afford the roster spot for a non ST guy?

I'm not sure Harris is much better than Ryan at this point. He's better than Martinez and Thomas in the base defense, but how often are we in that? Does it pay to sign a guy who's probably going to play like 30% of our defensive snaps at most and also not contribute on special teams? Or do we save that roster spot for one of those undrafted ilbs who won't be as good this year, but has more upside and can probably be a fairly substantial peice of most special teams units?

Green Bay Packers

Waived with injury settlement: WR Antwan Goodley
    profootballrumors.com

so that leaves 89 on the roster

The Green Bay Narrative
    The Podcast about Packers fans hosted by a Packers fan.
    http://www.thegreenbayguy.com/podcast.html

Guion got a DUI.

Bubbye.

Guion got a DUI.

Bubbye.
    no ****?

yeah that guy is gone. I don't see the Packers continually standing behind this guy if he isn't going to learn his lesson

The Green Bay Narrative
    The Podcast about Packers fans hosted by a Packers fan.
    http://www.thegreenbayguy.com/podcast.html

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    no ****?

yeah that guy is gone. I don't see the Packers continually standing behind this guy if he isn't going to learn his lesson
    https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...in-hawaii/amp/

Yeah. I don't know anymore. I guess they can leave him since he doesn't take a spot. I rarely day cut him in these spots. But now might be the time to just do it.

Any bigs on the street?

Ooooo Senderrick Marks is still out there

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    no ****?

Definitely time to cut him. He's already out the first 4 games. This might turn it into a season. You can't fix stupid.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast