Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 556
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,062
    How the **** is the punter hurt already lol

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,379
    Was reading the notes from yesterdays practice and was curious.
    "Also, #Packers top draft pick CB Kevin King not here because the University of Washington is on the quarters system. "
    Any idea what the quarters system is?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,062
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Was reading the notes from yesterdays practice and was curious.
    "Also, #Packers top draft pick CB Kevin King not here because the University of Washington is on the quarters system. "
    Any idea what the quarters system is?
    It's just how school is broken up. They have more classes left. You take a class a quarter at a time instead of in halves. That's my understanding.

    It goes longer. Not sure beyond that.

    We've dealt with this before..Stanford does it too iirc

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    How the **** is the punter hurt already lol
    Hopefully the rookie we signed can outperform him in camp and grab the job.
    Shouldn't be all that hard. Schum was a slight improvement from Masthay, but I won't miss him if he is gone.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,062
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Hopefully the rookie we signed can outperform him in camp and grab the job.
    Shouldn't be all that hard. Schum was a slight improvement from Masthay, but I won't miss him if he is gone.
    Yeah I hate Schum. He was okay most of last year but there's just no ceiling there.

    I think Vogel has a shot.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Crockett did. I posted about it somewhere once. I don't recall how much.

    I could see Yancey being a Hyde like returner if he's comfortable fielding them.
    I was thinking of the wrong Crockett. Gotta figure he's a pretty long shot to make the team. I will say, if yancey can at least show to be reliable in fielding a punt, that will help immensely. As a 5th round pick, you have to figure he's almost a lock to make the team. I'd imagine Cobb is going to field a fair amount of punts, but given his injury history, we have to have a few more guys who can be counted on to at least catch the punt.


    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    yeah I get ya. I just wonder where Rollins will fit in then. House is just a Band-aid so I think he is there for a year maybe 2, you have King most likely getting the one outside spot and I would think Randall takes the other side and Rollins fits the slot.
    I know he's only on a one year deal, but house is only 27 (turns 28 this summer). It's not like he couldn't be a longer term option if he plays well. Plus, I think having a very good nickel corner might be as important if not more than as a good 2nd outside corner. If king were to turn into a true #1 type, you can hide #2, especially if you can cover the inside of the field, which Randall and jones may help with as a nickel corner and nickel LB.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,062
    Any chance Rollins ends up at safety one day? Like true safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,782
    Personally, I've never been a huge fan of Rollins in general. I didn't really get him when we took him, but assumed our coaches knew something we didn't. And he made a couple plays as a rookie, but he never really jumped off the page at me.

    And when he and Randall both sucked last year, I at least saw times where Randal looked okay and did some nice things. I guess I don't recall Rollins having many plays where you thought maybe this dude can play. Maybe safety is the answer, but I fear he just isn't a very good football player.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    158
    I feel rollins can be a dynamite slot guy and randall can still be a dynamite #2. Now each of these guys could surely excel at safety if corner just doesn't pan out. They each had the mo of hybrid safety corners coming in. It would be really tragic if neither one amounted to anything and TT completely whiffed that year.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    12,431
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Personally, I've never been a huge fan of Rollins in general. I didn't really get him when we took him, but assumed our coaches knew something we didn't. And he made a couple plays as a rookie, but he never really jumped off the page at me.

    And when he and Randall both sucked last year, I at least saw times where Randal looked okay and did some nice things. I guess I don't recall Rollins having many plays where you thought maybe this dude can play. Maybe safety is the answer, but I fear he just isn't a very good football player.
    I agree with this entirely. Never really seen the hype Rollins has got...I got on the "untapped potential" train, and I'm still hopeful, I just don't see the athleticism to make up for his lack of experience playing the game. Haven't given up on him...yet.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Any chance Rollins ends up at safety one day? Like true safety.
    I suppose, but he wouldn't be all that useful for us at the position.
    Even if we don't keep Burnett around, you would think HHCD and JJ are the future of the position for us.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,062
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I suppose, but he wouldn't be all that useful for us at the position.
    Even if we don't keep Burnett around, you would think HHCD and JJ are the future of the position for us.
    3 safeties is a pretty big thing these days.

    Not gonna move a guy if it's clearly the better position because ya have a couple guys there if it's me either. Ya know?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycumlately View Post
    I feel rollins can be a dynamite slot guy and randall can still be a dynamite #2. Now each of these guys could surely excel at safety if corner just doesn't pan out. They each had the mo of hybrid safety corners coming in. It would be really tragic if neither one amounted to anything and TT completely whiffed that year.
    I don't know about dynamite but I think he can be a good slot corner in Hayward mold. I think Rollins can be a good nickel back. Last year I felt like when Shields went down the Packers SB aspirations were squashed as there wasn't a No. 1 CB. This year could be difficult again because King not ready for that yet. But Randall I think can be a very good No. 2 CB but injuries really derailed his season. He did show flashes. I think Jones is going to be a very good player and likely takes the safety role of Burnett in the future. He's going to be a Micah Hyde but with speed. Swiss-army knife that can play all over the field.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    414

    Packers News 2017

    Just read that they cut Schum. My new favorite off-season move.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/packers-sign-fourth-rounder-jamaal-williams-cut-jacob-schum/

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    12,431
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrikthefox View Post
    Just read that they cut Schum. My new favorite off-season move.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-jacob-schum/
    Woaaaaa!

    Kind of surprised with me, but I like it. If you're not satisfied with a player at a position...cut him. Make all the available punters line up!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •