Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    How the **** is the punter hurt already lol

Was reading the notes from yesterdays practice and was curious.
    "Also, #Packers top draft pick CB Kevin King not here because the University of Washington is on the quarters system. "
    Any idea what the quarters system is?

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Was reading the notes from yesterdays practice and was curious.
    "Also, #Packers top draft pick CB Kevin King not here because the University of Washington is on the quarters system. "
    Any idea what the quarters system is?
    It's just how school is broken up. They have more classes left. You take a class a quarter at a time instead of in halves. That's my understanding.

It goes longer. Not sure beyond that.

We've dealt with this before..Stanford does it too iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    How the **** is the punter hurt already lol
    Hopefully the rookie we signed can outperform him in camp and grab the job.
    Shouldn't be all that hard. Schum was a slight improvement from Masthay, but I won't miss him if he is gone.

Hopefully the rookie we signed can outperform him in camp and grab the job.
    Shouldn't be all that hard. Schum was a slight improvement from Masthay, but I won't miss him if he is gone.
    Yeah I hate Schum. He was okay most of last year but there's just no ceiling there.

I think Vogel has a shot.

Crockett did. I posted about it somewhere once. I don't recall how much.

I could see Yancey being a Hyde like returner if he's comfortable fielding them.
    I was thinking of the wrong Crockett. Gotta figure he's a pretty long shot to make the team. I will say, if yancey can at least show to be reliable in fielding a punt, that will help immensely. As a 5th round pick, you have to figure he's almost a lock to make the team. I'd imagine Cobb is going to field a fair amount of punts, but given his injury history, we have to have a few more guys who can be counted on to at least catch the punt.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    yeah I get ya. I just wonder where Rollins will fit in then. House is just a Band-aid so I think he is there for a year maybe 2, you have King most likely getting the one outside spot and I would think Randall takes the other side and Rollins fits the slot.
    I know he's only on a one year deal, but house is only 27 (turns 28 this summer). It's not like he couldn't be a longer term option if he plays well. Plus, I think having a very good nickel corner might be as important if not more than as a good 2nd outside corner. If king were to turn into a true #1 type, you can hide #2, especially if you can cover the inside of the field, which Randall and jones may help with as a nickel corner and nickel LB.

Any chance Rollins ends up at safety one day? Like true safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Personally, I've never been a huge fan of Rollins in general. I didn't really get him when we took him, but assumed our coaches knew something we didn't. And he made a couple plays as a rookie, but he never really jumped off the page at me.

And when he and Randall both sucked last year, I at least saw times where Randal looked okay and did some nice things. I guess I don't recall Rollins having many plays where you thought maybe this dude can play. Maybe safety is the answer, but I fear he just isn't a very good football player.

I feel rollins can be a dynamite slot guy and randall can still be a dynamite #2. Now each of these guys could surely excel at safety if corner just doesn't pan out. They each had the mo of hybrid safety corners coming in. It would be really tragic if neither one amounted to anything and TT completely whiffed that year.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Personally, I've never been a huge fan of Rollins in general. I didn't really get him when we took him, but assumed our coaches knew something we didn't. And he made a couple plays as a rookie, but he never really jumped off the page at me.

And when he and Randall both sucked last year, I at least saw times where Randal looked okay and did some nice things. I guess I don't recall Rollins having many plays where you thought maybe this dude can play. Maybe safety is the answer, but I fear he just isn't a very good football player.
    I agree with this entirely. Never really seen the hype Rollins has got...I got on the "untapped potential" train, and I'm still hopeful, I just don't see the athleticism to make up for his lack of experience playing the game. Haven't given up on him...yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance Rollins ends up at safety one day? Like true safety.
    I suppose, but he wouldn't be all that useful for us at the position.
    Even if we don't keep Burnett around, you would think HHCD and JJ are the future of the position for us.

I suppose, but he wouldn't be all that useful for us at the position.
    Even if we don't keep Burnett around, you would think HHCD and JJ are the future of the position for us.
    3 safeties is a pretty big thing these days.

Not gonna move a guy if it's clearly the better position because ya have a couple guys there if it's me either. Ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycumlately View Post
    I feel rollins can be a dynamite slot guy and randall can still be a dynamite #2. Now each of these guys could surely excel at safety if corner just doesn't pan out. They each had the mo of hybrid safety corners coming in. It would be really tragic if neither one amounted to anything and TT completely whiffed that year.
    I don't know about dynamite but I think he can be a good slot corner in Hayward mold. I think Rollins can be a good nickel back. Last year I felt like when Shields went down the Packers SB aspirations were squashed as there wasn't a No. 1 CB. This year could be difficult again because King not ready for that yet. But Randall I think can be a very good No. 2 CB but injuries really derailed his season. He did show flashes. I think Jones is going to be a very good player and likely takes the safety role of Burnett in the future. He's going to be a Micah Hyde but with speed. Swiss-army knife that can play all over the field.

Packers News 2017

Just read that they cut Schum. My new favorite off-season move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/packers-sign-fourth-rounder-jamaal-williams-cut-jacob-schum/

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikthefox View Post
    Just read that they cut Schum. My new favorite off-season move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-jacob-schum/
    Woaaaaa!

Kind of surprised with me, but I like it. If you're not satisfied with a player at a position...cut him. Make all the available punters line up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast