Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    I think the DC search will be pretty extensive to be honest and Fangio has to be at the top of the list, you have at least bring him and make an offer there really isn't a better "FA" DC out there more than likely. I am still pretty enticed on the idea of trying to poach Dave Aranda from the college ranks, and its only a matter of time before he either gets a pro-coordinators job or a college level HC job. Don't know if the Packers would even try for Zimmer, or if he would be willing to make the switch. However, I also wouldn't write off the possibilty they may take a look in house as well I'm sure Winston Moss at least gets an interview.

Zimmer is a cool name, but he doesnít have any coordinator experience and runs a different defense. Iím not opposed to bringing in him. But just seeing as we should be contenders with Rodgers, I think we are more likely to go with a recognized guy with some coordinator experience.

I hope itís not an internal hire. If they were going to do an internal guy, I wish we would have given him a 2 week trial at the end of the year.

Again, Iím not saying this is the right choice. But if Iím a betting man, Iíd probably bet that whoever comes in as our DC will be a guy with past DC experience.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 12-31-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Zimmer is a cool name, but he doesnít have any coordinator experience and runs a different defense. Iím not opposed to bringing in him. But just seeing as we should be contenders with Rodgers, I think we are more likely to go with a recognized guy with some coordinator experience.

I hope itís not an internal hire. If they were going to do an internal guy, I wish we would have given him a 2 week trial at the end of the year.
    I'm with you on Zimmer I'm not sold on him, I'm leaning more towards the route the packers don't have interest...atleast I hope not.

Really pulling for Fangio, would accept Marvin Lewis if available. My only exception may be if they can lure Aranda I think he'll do well in the pros.

I don't think they hire internally, but out of respect I would think they interview Moss at a minimum.

Could be wrong, but a lot of the rumors surrounding Lewis seem to say heís more interested in a front office position than coaching again.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post

Again, Iím not saying this is the right choice. But if Iím a betting man, Iíd probably bet that whoever comes in as our DC will be a guy with past DC experience.
    Iím fine with that. No more prevent defense and Iíll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I'm with you on Zimmer I'm not sold on him, I'm leaning more towards the route the packers don't have interest...atleast I hope not.

Really pulling for Fangio, would accept Marvin Lewis if available. My only exception may be if they can lure Aranda I think he'll do well in the pros.

I don't think they hire internally, but out of respect I would think they interview Moss at a minimum.
    I donít watch any of their defenses to know anything about any of them. Iíll trust your opinions, and get psyched if I see those names.

(I will then do extensive research on their credentials)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey remember when I got bashed at beginning of season for saying our defense was gonna be bottom third and we needed more guys to protect Aaron Rodgers ???

This season went about exactly as I called it.

FIRE TED!!! Itís not a boys club this is ****ing NFL football. You donít produce you get ur *** **** canned

Wow. Ted stepping down. New Gm on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Hey remember when I got bashed at beginning of season for saying our defense was gonna be bottom third and we needed more guys to protect Aaron Rodgers ???

FIRE TED!!! Itís not a boys club this is ****ing NFL football. You donít produce you get ur *** **** canned

Great job anticipating we would be down to our 6th string right tackle. Our offensive line wasnít the problem until we had a boatload of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by flodapack View Post
    Wow. Ted stepping down. New Gm on the way!
    I feel like it's got to be Eliot Wolf, they've been giving him raises and keeping him in house. The other options recently signed new deals IE Dorsey and Schneider. If not I'd imagine Wolf is a gonner.

#Packers long-time GM Ted Thompson will move to a new role in the organization and the team needs a new GM, sources tell me. There are several internal candidates such as Brian Gutekunst, Eliot Wolf, and Russ Ball.
    Here's the report from Rap, again I think it's Wolf's job to lose, but both the other two remain possible. I'd imagine they hire internally and some raises and more responsibility for all three.

I wonder if McCarthy is sweating a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by flodapack View Post
    I wonder if McCarthy is sweating a little bit
    i don't think he is that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post

the season started on a bad note when TT drafted the wrong guy. the future looks bright for the Steelers. it ended on the wrong note when we didn't even evaluate the possible back up QB for 2018 Calahan. the lone bright spot was discovering a possible (i say this because last year we thought Montgomery could handle the duties) RB of the future in Jones or Williams.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 01-01-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    the season started on a bad note when TT drafted the wrong guy. the future looks bright for the Steelers. it ended on the wrong note when we didn't even evaluate the possible back up QB for 2018 Calahan. the lone bright spot was discovering a possible (i say this because last year we thought Montgomery could handle the duties) RB of the future in Jones or Williams.
    how did he draft the wrong guy? We needed a corner and we drafted the top corner at that spot. Now if we would have drafted the "golden boy" tj watt and he did alright but our secondary was even worse than it was you guys would be *****ing that we didn't take a top CB.

take off the Badger colored glasses.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast