Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Chris Bosh has reached parting agreement with Miami Heat

Good to hear. Hopefully they can attract some nice free agents this summer
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...ing-weeks/amp/

Come back to Toronto.

Clippers should trade Blake for Melo then sign Bosh on the cheap if cheap now gets you Bosh.

He's probably going to the cavs.

This situation is odd. If he does sign on to play for another team, doesn't that prove that he could play? Wouldn't that void the Heats claim that he can't? Is it at the discretion of one medical staff vs another? Would his new teams medical staff basically have to sign off on him playing not being a risk to his life like the Heats think it is? What if something bad does happen? That would be awful.

I don't know how to feel about this, but Bosh has the right to make his choice. I just hope the new medical staff is as diligent as Miami's was, or maybe that Miami's was in fact disingenuous on orders to try and waive his contract.

I have to imagine that if he can really play, Cleveland is the heavy favorite. Remember he's still getting paid the balance of his contract with Miami even after being waived. That will be three max contracts in total from his career, plus the added endorsement money he got from Miami's huge exposure during the LeBron years. I would guess money is not a factor to him.

But I don't know enough about his condition to say whether or not he'll be a viable player again. Is it the sort of thing where he'd be fine playing 10 minutes per game? Or is the risk no different playing 40 against playing one? We'll see.

I do want to throw out a few more possible destinations, based on things I've read/heard about Bosh in the past.

San Antonio/GSW would both love him on a limited minutes basis, and I wouldn't be too surprised, if he's dead set on contending, if he chose one of them. I think Cleveland is the favorite just because he knows how to play with LeBron, but I'm not really sure their relationship is so great that it's a lock. LeBron and Wade are obviously closer than Bosh was with either of them, he's not part of the banana boat gang for whatever that's worth, and I've at least heard rumblings that Bosh wasn't close to either of those two by the end of LeBron's tenure. Not that he hates them or anything, just that he wasn't as tight with them. If his relationship with LeBron has soured but he still wants to compete, those seem like the teams. San Antonio especially has the Texas connection.

Dallas comes to mind as well. He's from there, and he said in the past that the reason he didn't sign with Houston in 2014 was that he felt like he needed a break from the insane scrutiny that comes with playing for a super team. If he still feels that way and just wants to play basketball rather than add to his legacy in a meaningful way, doing it in your home town seems like a fun way to go, especially since most players love playing for Mark Cuban so much. The locker room could use him in a post-Dirk world.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    This situation is odd. If he does sign on to play for another team, doesn't that prove that he could play? Wouldn't that void the Heats claim that he can't? Is it at the discretion of one medical staff vs another? Would his new teams medical staff basically have to sign off on him playing not being a risk to his life like the Heats think it is? What if something bad does happen? That would be awful.

I don't know how to feel about this, but Bosh has the right to make his choice. I just hope the new medical staff is as diligent as Miami's was, or maybe that Miami's was in fact disingenuous on orders to try and waive his contract.
    Here's the exact rule:

For the Heat to medically waive Bosh, he has to not have played for a year (check), and a doctor jointly decided by the league and the Player's Association has to decide that his condition is career-ending. If that doctor determines that it is, then the Heat can waive him with no cap implications. They still have to pay him regardless.

HOWEVER.

If Bosh plays 25 games in one season with a new team, the rest of Bosh's contract goes back onto Miami's books. That's a really dangerous situation. They could spend all of their cap space this summer thinking Bosh is gone, and then Bosh might suddenly return to their salary sheet and push them into the tax. The Heat didn't make the playoffs this year. They probably won't be true contenders next year, and Micky Arison has avoided the tax in the past (see the Mike Miller amnesty, for example). This could be a really interesting situation.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Here's the exact rule:

For the Heat to medically waive Bosh, he has to not have played for a year (check), and a doctor jointly decided by the league and the Player's Association has to decide that his condition is career-ending. If that doctor determines that it is, then the Heat can waive him with no cap implications. They still have to pay him regardless.

HOWEVER.

If Bosh plays 25 games in one season with a new team, the rest of Bosh's contract goes back onto Miami's books. That's a really dangerous situation. They could spend all of their cap space this summer thinking Bosh is gone, and then Bosh might suddenly return to their salary sheet and push them into the tax. The Heat didn't make the playoffs this year. They probably won't be true contenders next year, and Micky Arison has avoided the tax in the past (see the Mike Miller amnesty, for example). This could be a really interesting situation.
    Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Sad turn of events, but glad they were able to work something out. I bet Rockets fans are glad he didn't sign there. Hopefully his health improves since he loves the game, but I still think it's unwise to tempt fate.

Bosh to the Warriors.

So if Wade and Bosh head to the Cavs are they breaking the east?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    So if Wade and Bosh head to the Cavs are they breaking the east?
    If that happens KDs rings will mean something. As long as bosh is still a solid piece that is.

He comes to the Bulls and Bulls win title next year.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    If that happens KDs rings will mean something. As long as bosh is still a solid piece that is.
    I don't think Wade is good enough at this point. It hurts to say that.

He'd be a great fit in Los Angeles, killing second units and filling in for Jordan when the Clippers need shooting. but yeah; this is probably just another opportunity for further consolidation of power.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast