Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is in a better situation to succeed / contend now - in the immediate future?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

5 19.23%
  • Celtics

21 80.77%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Celtics are still holding out that hope. Though it seems unlikely heíll be back this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Celtics are still holding out that hope. Though it seems unlikely heíll be back this year

As a fan i'd be hoping for the same.

I know the feeling too, losing a hyped player before the season even gets going, for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Woj already said Hayward is shut down for the season.
    Before Woj pontificated, the word from the C's was that he could start BB activities as early as March.

I think they don't want to put any pressure on him, and if he does come back effectively then then the EC teams that have to face them will be a bit surprised...
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Before Woj pontificated, the word from the C's was that he could start BB activities as early as March.

I think they don't want to put any pressure on him, and if he does come back effectively then then the EC teams that have to face them will be a bit surprised...
    There's still hope then. It would certainly make the playoffs more exciting.

It's going going take much more time than March for him to get back on the floor and actually be able to fully compete. We're looking at next year here for GH.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    It's going going take much more time than March for him to get back on the floor and actually be able to fully compete. We're looking at next year here for GH.
    Based on what though? Precedent for this type of injury looks to be about that timeline. Itís not like thatís expecting him to be iron man. Trust me, priority is that he gets back to full strength, no matter how long it takes... but itís not a crazy thought based on historical timelines for him to be back by the playoffs

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I wouldn't risk it at all, Celtics have a really good future, especially with Irving and Tatum. He definitely could be back by that time based on the timeline but I 100% would not risk him coming back too early. Boston has a good chance but won't be beating Cleveland this year. Moving forward though, the % of beating Cleveland as they age or Lebron possibly leaving (doubtful) but their chances will increase. I would look at the big picture if I was Boston and not rush GH back this year.

To actually contend? The answer is neither. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    To actually contend? The answer is neither. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand the NBA.
    Contend to me means playoff team.

I am of the belief that any team who makes it in, can win it all.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456