Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Wade or Pippen, who's the better player?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wade

21 61.76%
  • Pippen

13 38.24%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Better All-Time: Wade or Pippen

So I got in to a debate today regarding these two players, I thought it was pretty common knowledge to the world that Wade is the better player and all time player but apparently some don't believe that's the case so I figured I would ask the NBA Forum.

I will say this debate was with some Bulls fans so there's that.

The question, what's the better player in their peak/primes or just in general and where do you rank these guys all time?
    Last edited by WaDe03; 05-09-2017 at 08:42 PM.

I'm going with Wade obviously but there's bias on both sides of the debate so I wanted some unbiased perspective. If I'm wrong help me understand.

Oh and to answer all time, I have Wade in around the 17-20 range and Pippen around 24-30.

Peak: Wade
    Overall: Wade
    Better second option: Pippen
    Better defender: Pippen

Two different roles. Pippen was an amazing 2nd option player who would have just been a very good 1st option player whereas Wade was an excellent 1st option player who wouldn't be able to play the 2nd option as well.

I have Wade in the 20-25 area while Pippen can go anywhere from 25-30 IMO. Don't have time to make a list but I think it's around that area anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Peak: Wade
    Overall: Wade
    Better second option: Pippen
    Better defender: Pippen

Two different roles. Pippen was an amazing 2nd option player who would have just been a very good 1st option player whereas Wade was an excellent 1st option player who wouldn't be able to play the 2nd option as well.

I have Wade in the 20-25 area while Pippen can go anywhere from 25-30 IMO. Don't have time to make a list but I think it's around that area anyways.
    If Wade were a 2nd option during his prime would we view the whole 2nd option thing differently? You put prime Wade with prime LeBron for multiple years, do they lose a championship?

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    If Wade were a 2nd option during his prime would we view the whole 2nd option thing differently? You put prime Wade with prime LeBron for multiple years, do they lose a championship?
    They still lose because Lbj would be following orders lol

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I don't think they would have unleashed their full potential with both having to share the ball and choose when to dominate. Like with Irving - he's basically the SG of the team but he can shoot the ball. Wade can't really shoot so he'll need the ball to attack the basket. He was a good defender but Pippen is probably right up there as the greatest perimeter and overall defender. He wouldn't take away from LeBron doing his thing - which is why that MJ+Pippen pairing worked so well. The way I see it, would a LeBron+Pippen defense alone scare the crap out of any team? Yup. Would LeBron+Wade dominate? Yup. But we'll never see just how good they really become. Like, do we know how good Steph/KD would have been if they hadn't been on separate teams? We would never have seen that amazing season Steph had a year ago nor KD's MVP season about three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I don't think they would have unleashed their full potential with both having to share the ball and choose when to dominate. Like with Irving - he's basically the SG of the team but he can shoot the ball. Wade can't really shoot so he'll need the ball to attack the basket. He was a good defender but Pippen is probably right up there as the greatest perimeter and overall defender. He wouldn't take away from LeBron doing his thing - which is why that MJ+Pippen pairing worked so well. The way I see it, would a LeBron+Pippen defense alone scare the crap out of any team? Yup. Would LeBron+Wade dominate? Yup. But we'll never see just how good they really become. Like, do we know how good Steph/KD would have been if they hadn't been on separate teams? We would never have seen that amazing season Steph had a year ago nor KD's MVP season about three years ago.
    I see your point. I just can't help but imagine how deadly both prime LeBron and prime Wade would be on the fast break turning defense to offense or just leaking out on rebounds. Weren't they one of the best fast break teams ever as is? Wade may not be as good of a shooter as Irving but I remember them saying he was the best slasher in the NBA which worked perfect next to LeBron with shooters at the other positions.

Pippen is the better defender but Wade was no slouch their either. I can't help but think you get Wade at 25-5-7 on better than 50% shooting if you have him and LeBron in their primes and you probably have LeBron at 28-8-8 at worst ok close to 60% shooting. For all the talk of them not being a good fit they were efficient as hell and had their best shooting years next to each other and that's with Wade playing on 1 leg the last 2 years.

I'll take Scottie too.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I'll take Scottie too.
    Based on what? Wade was clearly the superior player when they were at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pippen. Easily IMO.
    Easily? Lol if anything Pippen is fighting an uphill battle here, why do you think he's better?

Better defender, longer peak, very underrated as a scorer, very good passer.

Wade was a good scorer who could not be a trainwreck on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Better defender, longer peak, very underrated as a scorer, very good passer.

Wade was a good scorer who could not be a trainwreck on defense.
    Wades a much better offensive player and can definitely hold his own defensively. Better passer, scorer, best shot blocking guard ever, led his team to a championship with numbers Pippen would never be able to match. Their peaks aren't even close really, Wade was far better there. The only thing Pippen has on Wade is defense.

Let's just change the title to Wade is definitely better than Pippen allllll time

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast