Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Yeah, Lindsey rewarded Ingles while signing him to a fantastic deal for the team. I love deals where everyone wins.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    It also helps that we are giving Ingles less money each year. It will really help our salary cap 4 years from now when he's only getting paid 6 million I think it is.
    he drops down to 10.8 which in 4 years might be a MLE type of deal. only downside is that he will be 33. question is does he age well with his 3pt shooting and slow pace or does he lose what little athleticism he has and isn't good enough. Plus he has so few NBA miles on his body which should help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    It also helps that we are giving Ingles less money each year. It will really help our salary cap 4 years from now when he's only getting paid 6 million I think it is.
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/utah_jazz/

Questions for this offseason

1. What is the ceiling of a team with a core of Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Favors, and Gobert?

2. Would you resign Favors, why or why not?

3. Would you resign Exum, why or why not?

4. What player would you trade for/sign this offseason?

My answers
    1. 50 wins, 2nd round of the playoffs at best.
    2. Nope. Long term I don't want that much cap space dedicated to someone who isn't a great fit with Gobert. I'm still concerned with his bad back and knees at only 27 years old.
    3. Definitely. His upside is much lower than his likely price tag. He could still be our PG once Rubio's contract expires.
    4. A stretch 4 like Mirotic or Saric at an age close to our core would be great. Restricted free agents Aaron Gordon or Jabari would be great but I bet their team matches our offer. I love the idea to pair Gobert with 4 guys that can shoot and pass like Mitchell and Ingles. I think at age 25 Harrison Barnes makes a lot sense. Dallas is rebuilding and I doubt he wants to be part of the rebuild. I think his shooting and passing is a good fit with our system. I think we should focus on the power forward position this offseason and give Rubio and Exum another year.

[QUOTE=Wes Mantooth;32199857]Questions for this offseason

1. What is the ceiling of a team with a core of Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Favors, and Gobert?

1. I think 50-55 wins max with everyone healthy for a whole season. I agree with the 2nd round at best in the playoffs.

2. Only if we can land him for 10 million or less a year. I think we need a PF that has a high pass per possession and can shoot the three ball.

3. Only if we can keep him for 8 million or less a year.
    I think if he can't stay healthy he's not worth much. I honestly don't think he's worth 8 million a year right now. And we should be looking for PF and PG upgrades through the draft or free agency.

4. What I would really like is to sign favors to a 1 year deal, or sign him with a bunch of bonus money up front and give him less per year the following years.

So if Favors is asking for 40 million for his next contract, lets give him 20 million this year and 5 million the following years. He still gets his money, and we keep him long term for cheap in the years that we need him cheap.

I would like us to go after Jabari Parker, and we definitely should offer him a max contract, the bucks will have to either pay through the nose to keep him, or he'll be ours. They can't keep the roster as it is and pay Parker full money, so the it's on them to either get rid of Henson or Parker. Bucks fans seem to think the can keep both, but their high as kites if they think they can keep both and the money will work.

If we can't get Jabari, try to get Julius Randle. He has a similar game, and ironically also has an injury ridden past. But he also passes at a high amount, he doesn't hit three's as well, but he has a solid mid-range jumper.

I say we keep Rubio until his contract expires. By then either Exum will be a matured PG or he will be out of the league and we'll move on to find a better PG for ourselves. I don't know who we would target, but it's obviously someone with George Hill skills. He played really well for us, but was injured.

1. 45-48 wins max. I think most years they are fighting for the playoffs. I don't think Rubio-Favors-Gobert works at all in this league. BTW I think if you replace Crowder with Favors I think our potential goes up to like 50ish.

2. I would have tried to get anything for him at the deadline. I think I let him go unless we can get him to accept a backup center role.

3. this is based completely on what it costs to resign him. I would though. I think we have the best knowledge of what he can give us and I don't think teams are going to be super excited to sign him.

4. I would hoard cap space and money this year. maybe eat a bad 1 year contract for someone. then in two years we can make a splash for a new PG/SG depending on what we want Mitchell to be. I would love a dynamic PF like Parker, but I don't see how we get him unless the bucks have no interest in keeping him, but I have never heard anything like that.

[QUOTE=Firefistus;32200289]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Questions for this offseason

1. I think 50-55 wins max with everyone healthy for a whole season. I agree with the 2nd round at best in the playoffs.

2. Only if we can land him for 10 million or less a year. I think we need a PF that has a high pass per possession and can shoot the three ball.

3. Only if we can keep him for 8 million or less a year.
    I think if he can't stay healthy he's not worth much. I honestly don't think he's worth 8 million a year right now. And we should be looking for PF and PG upgrades through the draft or free agency.

4. What I would really like is to sign favors to a 1 year deal, or sign him with a bunch of bonus money up front and give him less per year the following years.

So if Favors is asking for 40 million for his next contract, lets give him 20 million this year and 5 million the following years. He still gets his money, and we keep him long term for cheap in the years that we need him cheap.

I would like us to go after Jabari Parker, and we definitely should offer him a max contract, the bucks will have to either pay through the nose to keep him, or he'll be ours. They can't keep the roster as it is and pay Parker full money, so the it's on them to either get rid of Henson or Parker. Bucks fans seem to think the can keep both, but their high as kites if they think they can keep both and the money will work.

If we can't get Jabari, try to get Julius Randle. He has a similar game, and ironically also has an injury ridden past. But he also passes at a high amount, he doesn't hit three's as well, but he has a solid mid-range jumper.

I say we keep Rubio until his contract expires. By then either Exum will be a matured PG or he will be out of the league and we'll move on to find a better PG for ourselves. I don't know who we would target, but it's obviously someone with George Hill skills. He played really well for us, but was injured.
    btw you can't actually do 20-5-5 for a contract for a real 3 year deal. I think its 75%? of the previous year.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    4. I would hoard cap space and money this year. maybe eat a bad 1 year contract for someone. then in two years we can make a splash for a new PG/SG depending on what we want Mitchell to be. I would love a dynamic PF like Parker, but I don't see how we get him unless the bucks have no interest in keeping him, but I have never heard anything like that.
    Unfortunately this may be our best option. I'm betting we take a swing and a miss at Jabari or Aaron Gordon.

Resigning a player like Favors long term is the hardest decision. We need him badly if we can't replace him, but signing him long term is a mistake. Favors is going to get paid, and get a long term deal. Resigning our own players is a road to nowhere. Signing short term deals and having cap space for 2019 may be a better way to add to our core players. Plus I never trust players in a contract year. They suddenly play harder and have better health.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132