Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Trade ideas?

Brian Dozier not going to be signing a multi year deal with the Twins. You wonder if the Twins fall back in the race if they could shed him at some point to get something back for him.

Problem is the al is relatively weak that I think itís hard to imagine they actually fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by strebe View Post
    I would not mind seeing Ryan Braun in a Reds Uniform. He is sweet. And I am a Ryan Braun fan. I love the Brewers also.
    Braun has a full no-trade clause so no way he goes to the Reds....Brewers would take pretty much anything for him as far as a decent player. Braun wouldn't go to Cincy however. Braun simply is a shell of himself it seems and is using injury as excuse. Oh, I'm 2 for 30...I, uh, have a really stiff back... I wish Brewers would move him out of the 3-hole.

Time for Braun to go. This is a really good team and everytime he comes back from the DL someone has to get sent down. What happens when Thames comes back? I think the Dodgers could use him, but what could we get back?

I'd like to see Santana get hot and up his trade value and then when Thames is back trade Domingo and get a quality starter or a 2b/catcher. It might take a 3 team deal but I think something could make sense.

We get Chris Archer, the Braves get Santana, and the rays get 2 prospects from the Braves and 2 from us.
    Cole Hamels for Domingo straight up (Texas paying some of his salary).
    Domingo for Jed Lowrie and a prospect.
    Domingo and Davies to the Dodgers, Miami get 2-3 prospects from Dodgers and 2 from us, we get JT Realmuto and Dan Straily.
    Domingo to Blue Jays we get JA Happ and Yangervis Solarte

Would love to get a true number one starter somehow

I like the idea of pursuing Realmuto, although itís probably tough to make a second deal with the same club in such a short time period. They very likely got a lot of the guys they really liked from our farm for yellich. But he makes the most sense to me, as C is a spot that could use an upgrade and thereís no short term future guys at that spot in the farm. I think they have a few guys they like at some low levels, but Nottingham is about the only youngish guy thatís anywhere close to the majors and he really hasnít been super impressive.

Iíd love a number 1 type pitcher as well, but those are so hard to come by. Usually you get number 2 or 3 types for the price of number 1s. And realistically, we have decent starter depth. We have a bunch of 2 WAR type starting pitchers. Doesnít make much sense to give up a ton for a 3 WAR type pitcher. So unless we are getting a 4-5+ WAR type of pitcher, I canít see us making a ton of moves in that front since those guys are exceedingly difficult to pry loose.

Thereís also the wildcard guy and thatís machado. Rental players have not been overly expensive in recent memory. Granted, machado quality players donít become available too often, but a guy like Martinez was fairly cheap last year. Teams are scared off by the half year rental with no draft compensation tied to it. So machado might actually be relatively affordable with the operative word being relatively compared to what a player of his caliber usually costs. I wouldnít be surprised that if we are still in first come the deadline that we seriously entertain the idea of trading for him. Heís a huge upgrade at a position of need and solidifies our lineup.

I would love a number 1, we need someone to headline a playoff rotation if we can keep up the stellar play. The problem is that getting a 1 would really decimate our farm system, that has some gaps after the Yelich deal. If we want to have a strong team for more than the next 2-3 years we need to keep a strong farm system. That's why I was hoping we could trade Santana, not lose much in our lineup while building up another position or the rotation. Cole Hamels would likely be the best option but I'm not sure we can take on 10 million the rest of the year so that would mean we would have to give up more prospect so the Rangers would take on some salary.

My 1st trade with Santana to the Braves wouldn't make sense, I was looking at depth charts and forgot Acuna went on the DL. They have Acuna, Enciarte, and Markakis so they wouldn't want Santana.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I would love a number 1, we need someone to headline a playoff rotation if we can keep up the stellar play. The problem is that getting a 1 would really decimate our farm system, that has some gaps after the Yelich deal. If we want to have a strong team for more than the next 2-3 years we need to keep a strong farm system. That's why I was hoping we could trade Santana, not lose much in our lineup while building up another position or the rotation. Cole Hamels would likely be the best option but I'm not sure we can take on 10 million the rest of the year so that would mean we would have to give up more prospect so the Rangers would take on some salary.

My 1st trade with Santana to the Braves wouldn't make sense, I was looking at depth charts and forgot Acuna went on the DL. They have Acuna, Enciarte, and Markakis so they wouldn't want Santana.
    This team has been phenomenal but I just don't see how they keep playing close to this level much longer. The rotation really isn't anything special. THe pen has been amazing. This team needs a couple front line starters to do anything in the playoffs IMO as would be mistake to expect Nelson to come back in last year's form.

Also the prospects stuff is a bit overblown. Most times in deals only one pans out. Brinson hasn't shown anything yet at MLB level. Brewers were hoping he'd be Yelich basically. 2B has No. 1 prospect stillin HUira despite dealing Diaz, have Dubon. Lutz major power in OF, Ray, Phillips, not holes in OF. Not really many holes from Brinson deal IMO. I would hope the Brewers deal for one and maybe let Burnes come up.

We do have some prospects like Philips that wouldn't hurt the minors depth but to get a #1 starter you are likely looking at Phillips being the 3rd best piece being moved. I would expect a trade for a guy like Chris Archer to cost us Burnes or Huira, Peralta, and Phillips if not more. With those guys gone we would likely have on of the 5-7 worst farm systems in the league. Hamels would likely be less but the Astros gave up a top 50 prospect and 2 more top 10 organizational guys for Verlander whose value was way down when he was acquired. With the teams limited cap ceiling we need to keep a respectable farm system to maintain this team past the next 2-3 years.

I think my number one wish list player is Machado the more I think about it. He fits a position where they could stand to upgrade and he would definitely provide a huge upgrade at SS. Like crewfan stated, rentals didn't cost that much last season although Chapman cost the Cubs a ton two season ago.

Lowrie would be second on my list if the A's decide to sell.

I'm still interested in Archer. He got off to a rough start, but has been better in May.

Happ and Ross are interesting rental type mid-rotation starters. I have no interest in Hamels, especially if he wants his $20mm option picked up in order to waive his no trade clause.

A back up/time share catcher would be useful as well. Lucroy makes some sense. Realmuto would be a pipe dream and super expensive, but he is amazing. I honestly don't think the Brewers have the blue chip prospect it would take to acquire Realmuto.

A dependable RP would be nice as well. The way this team uses relievers, another dependable guy out of the pen would be helpful. Especially if they make the playoffs. Hope the starter can go 4 innings and bullpen from there on out.

I'm extremely curious to see if the Brewers trade from the MLB roster to acquire prospect depth. Thames, Domingo, and Aguilar all guys I think they could move.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011