Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What a difference a year makes.... NFL Top 100

Last year Delanie Walker was the only Tennessee Titans on the NFL Top 100 list coming in at 82.

So far they have announced 71-100.

86. Jurrell Casey
    78. Brian Orakpo
    75. Delanie Walker
    72. Taylor Lewan

And you know that Demarco Murray and Marcus Mariota on still to come on the list. Possibly even 1st team All-Pro Jack Conklin.

Marcus Mariota

I'd honestly be surprised if Mariota makes it. The list is stupid. Carr being lower than Alex Smith is awful.

Heroes In Blue

Yeah, this is definitely interesting, and nice to see people are starting to recognize this team as a pretty serious playoff contender. I expected Delanie, Murray and maybe Mariota, honestly didn't see Lewan making it. Casey always gets snubbed, it's nice to see him getting the respect he deserves, for once, and with all the pass rushers that are granted to be on the list, wasn't sure Orakpo will make the cut. There's no way Conklin makes it, though. Rookies barely make it out of the 90s, if they do make it at all, and you'd have to be pretty special and flashy to even get that. Bosa and Donald, two players that come to mind, were barely over the line. Odell was the highest I remember any rookie go on the list, but he had a pretty fantastic rookie year playing one of the flashiest positions in the league, for a big-city team and earning himself all the media attention after his one-handed catch.

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    I'd honestly be surprised if Mariota makes it. The list is stupid. Carr being lower than Alex Smith is awful.
    They haven't announced Carr yet. They have done 100-61 and the only quarterbacks so far are Alex Smith (at 81), Philip Rivers (at 73) and Kirk Cousins (at 70).

I doubt Marcus Mariota makes it as well.

I thought he was a lock when they had Alex Smith at 81. What Marcus Mariota did last year in his 2nd season would have been a career year for Alex Smith.... He put up numbers that would have been a career best in touchdowns and 2nd highest in yards and QBR in comparison to Alex Smith.

But now seeing Rivers and Cousins at 73 and 70 and they are about to do the 50s.... No way he makes it.

DeMarco Murray will be on the list. If not its total garbage. A guy that has had right at 5,000 yards rushing/receiving and 33 touchdowns the last 3 years. That led the league in rushing in 2014 and led the AFC in rushing in 2016.

Jay Ajayi was 69 on the list and he just had his first 1,000 yard season and was behind Murray in pretty much every statistic last year. So yeah no way he goes on and not Murray.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Yeah, this is definitely interesting, and nice to see people are starting to recognize this team as a pretty serious playoff contender. I expected Delanie, Murray and maybe Mariota, honestly didn't see Lewan making it. Casey always gets snubbed, it's nice to see him getting the respect he deserves, for once, and with all the pass rushers that are granted to be on the list, wasn't sure Orakpo will make the cut. There's no way Conklin makes it, though. Rookies barely make it out of the 90s, if they do make it at all, and you'd have to be pretty special and flashy to even get that. Bosa and Donald, two players that come to mind, were barely over the line. Odell was the highest I remember any rookie go on the list, but he had a pretty fantastic rookie year playing one of the flashiest positions in the league, for a big-city team and earning himself all the media attention after his one-handed catch.
    This team is getting major buzz. Vegas has the over/under at 9.5 wins. I read that was the highest for the team since the season following the Super Bowl. Even when the Titans had those back-to-back seasons with VY and Chris Johnson where they went 10-6 and 13-3 the over/under was 8.5 wins.

I was reading about the upcoming season and they were talking about the Titans and a head coach in the AFC South and one in the AFC East both said that they feel Marcus Mariota will move up into the Elite quarterback tier this season.

Tom Brady said that he felt that Marcus Mariota is the young quarterback that is gonna make the next big step.

Corey Davis said before the draft that he studied all the quarterbacks and he was impressed the most with Marcus Mariota.

Marcus Mariota

Oh my mistake, I thought I saw Carr was 100. Mariota should easily be higher than Smith though.

Edit: Yeah that Jay Ajayi thing was wild to me. The guy had 3 big games.
    Last edited by scarylarry23; 05-17-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Heroes In Blue

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    This team is getting major buzz. Vegas has the over/under at 9.5 wins. I read that was the highest for the team since the season following the Super Bowl. Even when the Titans had those back-to-back seasons with VY and Chris Johnson where they went 10-6 and 13-3 the over/under was 8.5 wins.

I was reading about the upcoming season and they were talking about the Titans and a head coach in the AFC South and one in the AFC East both said that they feel Marcus Mariota will move up into the Elite quarterback tier this season.

Tom Brady said that he felt that Marcus Mariota is the young quarterback that is gonna make the next big step.

Corey Davis said before the draft that he studied all the quarterbacks and he was impressed the most with Marcus Mariota.
    I agree. I think there are some things that helped us get into the spotlight a bit, like Robinson making his trades, but the first thing that I remember really puting us on the map was Mularkey calling the 'exotic smash mouth offense'. I'm pretty sure that made headlines and attracted some attention league-wise. It helped that throughout the year they lived up to the hype, and also having a young QB who pretty much anyone knew even before he entered the league, playing some great football as the year went on. But yes, we've turned into a very easy to root for underdog and it shows in people recognizing not only this team as a potential contender, but also individual talent more than they did in the past.

The Titans have a lot of talent this year. I know their fans are ready to return to the playoffs. Their 9.5 win total in Vegas is a good one. It all depends on the health of Mariota.