Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    If I were the FO, the pieces I must have for Butler in any trade would need to be their Nets picks, Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier. Young talent still on relatively cheap, long contracts. If you got the 1 pick, then draft Fultz. We would have a young back court and wings to build upon. Possibly tank another few years or so to build up your front court. And you would also have a lot of cap space at your disposal. Maybe a 2-3 year window of rebuilding.

Should also work for the Celtics. They are in their competing window now with Thomas, Horford and possibly Butler. They could probably attract another piece as well and have the cap space for it.
    Last edited by DRose01; 05-11-2017 at 10:51 AM.

I hope wade takes his option. I want this team to be unwatchable praying one of these morons gets fired next year.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by o_touro View Post
    i think they will pay him (thomas). And i´m also sure that it will hurt their *** to pay for butler (or another) but they just have to take the next step.

They have been rebuilding. Now that they are in a position to become contenders for the next 3y or more they are going to go back at putting themselves in the hands of draft picks?

How many years will it take for any of the stud guards to be as good as thomas? Or even, will they ever be that good?

With jimmy in boston, i believe they will convince hayward. Makes sense for both sides.

Thomas is 28. Jimmy is 28. Horford is 30. Hayward is 27. They are all on their prime.
    If they dont pull the trigger now, what are the odds of having such a quality window in the upcoming years?

Boston fans want this now. I would be pissed if i were a boston fan and i knew the fo turned the face on an opportunity like this. A role player, a young sub player, a valuable draft pick and an unknown draft pick for a top 15/20 player? Plus, a salary dump (zeller). They dont want to pay but the value is fair and good for both sides.
    i dont disagree with anything you are saying, it all makes logical sense........ But i think boston wont pay up, just my oppinion, again, it could have happened last offseason. It could have happend at trade deadline. It hasnt because they want a star player for nothing.

And i agree, their timetable will be turely screwed up if they go the draft route, thomas will be out of prime by the time these guys are ready to compete, horford will likely be done. And they will loose a ton of key role players to fa. I agree, they should do it, but i dont think they give up on these picks.

You should have heard the celtics forum near the end of the season, soo excited, #1 pick lock stud coming, best team in the east already, and fa will be begging to sign here.

Same **** i heard last season, and durant said **** that.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

If i was pushing for a trade with the celtics it would required

nets 2017 pick

+

one of crowder or bradley (they need the cap space anyway to sign whoever they want)

+

2018 nets pick or jaylen brown

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Bill4Real View Post
    Don't want Gay at the 3. Needs to play PF. If not him then give me Gallinari.

On another note, hope we wind up with Redick instead of Wade. Don't know why so many are down on JJ.
    Because he's 33. 5 years too late.

Are there any good prospects this year in the draft anyways? I feel like if we trade and get a high pick it's going to be a bad draft like Eddy Curry bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    are there any good prospects this year in the draft anyways? I feel like if we trade and get a high pick it's going to be a bad draft like eddy curry bad.
    loads of good top tallent up top.

Fultz will be a stud, lavar ball will as well if he can keep himself and dad in check. Jackson reminds me of jaylen brown last year, i think he gets over drafted, but turns into a good player down the road. Fox smith and monk all have top 15 pg potential.

Isaac and tatum are my two bigest risk players up top, both have potential though, just see isaac as a guy without a position, tatum could be like rodney hood, or oubre

ntilikina is the question mark of the draft.

After that, i see alot of meh prospects, but the ones listed all have pretty high potential.

-Rem Koolhaas

Wouldnt be surprised if Jimmy is part of the twolves next season.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I hope wade takes his option. I want this team to be unwatchable praying one of these morons gets fired next year.
    Was just thinking it might not be the worst thing for Wade to pick up his option. Might help get Hoiberg/GarPax fired and keep us from overspending on mid tier talent this year, preserving Wade's cap space for 2018. Also will probably not help the team much, ensuring us a better pick in 2018. If he opts out now, do we really trust this current regime not to blow that cap space or do we end up with a Ben Wallace/Boozer scenario? Last time we had a bunch of cap space we signed Wade and Rondo, lol

And if we do trade JB, hope it's not to the Celtics. Would take Wiggins/picks or Ingram/picks over anything the Celtics are offering and Jimmy would be out of our conference. Could probably get the TWolves to throw in Rubio, or the Lakers to throw in Randle
    Last edited by infinity2152; 05-11-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Funny thing is, watching Boston play now, they probably screwed themselves out of a Finals berth and maybe even a ring not trading for Jimmy. Lets say they gave us Smart/Brown and 2 picks. Rozier would pick up for the loss of Smart, and JB is one of the two or three guys who can slow down Lebron. Horford=Love, and Thomas will score at least as much as Kyrie. JB and Crowder would make it stupid hard for LBJ. They won't beat the Cav's as is.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm just praying Wade walks. That would make my offseason!
    Me too, go to a contender Wade and get away from this terrible team/organization!
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

The only way Wade walks is if Butler is traded, IMO. He's not going to get any more money elsewhere. He's extremely average and inconsistent these days.

Trade 2 first for Melo and talk Paul to coming over to play with his boys. A Paul, Melo, Wade, Butler lineup is a top 2-3 in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Chuck View Post
    Trade 2 first for Melo and talk Paul to coming over to play with his boys. A Paul, Melo, Wade, Butler lineup is a top 2-3 in the East.
    They should be trading us two 1st's in order to take on that contract.

With that said, I don't think you're too far off if we're going to keep Butler.

Something needs to happen. Go all in either way. We're at a crossroad.

Something about Robert Frost.

It would be a Hail Mary but better than the one the Lakers launched with Nash.

Paul
    Wade
    Butler
    Anthony
    Lopez

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast