Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,425

    What happens to Paul, Griffin, Reddick?

    This is similar to the threads I started on the effect of the Pacers and Thunder losing in the first round on Westbrook and George.
    What happens to Paul, Griffin and Redick? Do Paul and Griffin take their early termination options? Does Redick join another contender? Is Jordan the last of the Clippers' core to stick around?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,415
    They all agree to stick if the Clips can nab Melo. They will see if they can make a run with an upgrade on offense.

    If they can't nab Melo, I can see S & T's for Paul and Griffin (especially Paul, he didn't negotiate the elderly benefits to not take advantage of it).

    They need to trade Rivers Jr. Doc makes decisions based upon how things will effect his son, a conflict of interests IMO. He's too loyal to his Son, Crawful, and Old Man Pierce as well.

    Reddick disappears in the playoffs for LAC and his defense will only be on the decline. They should pass on him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,531
    I don't see how the Clips ever win it all with this core, TBH. They don't have enough talent overall. A great big 3 and then some solid players but player #4-8 they have to be the weakest team in the playoffs or at least one of them. They have no means to really get better. They need good players to take vet min deals but if a guy is willing to do that he'd be better off going to the Spurs, Warriors, Cavs. Even BOS/TOR/WAS are probably better spots for those guys since the East is relatively weaker than the West.

    That being said I think they should keep trying. Only trade chip they have if they blow it up is Jordan and I doubt he gets a franchise altering rebuild type of return. No sense in just letting CP3, Blake, Reddick walk for nothing. Offer whatever it takes and just keep trying. Maybe they get lucky and break through. If not, just rebuild in a few years. You'll have lose whatever Jordan could have gotten in a trade but otherwise they'd be no worse off than starting now.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't see how the Clips ever win it all with this core, TBH. They don't have enough talent overall. A great big 3 and then some solid players but player #4-8 they have to be the weakest team in the playoffs or at least one of them. They have no means to really get better. They need good players to take vet min deals but if a guy is willing to do that he'd be better off going to the Spurs, Warriors, Cavs. Even BOS/TOR/WAS are probably better spots for those guys since the East is relatively weaker than the West.

    That being said I think they should keep trying. Only trade chip they have if they blow it up is Jordan and I doubt he gets a franchise altering rebuild type of return. No sense in just letting CP3, Blake, Reddick walk for nothing. Offer whatever it takes and just keep trying. Maybe they get lucky and break through. If not, just rebuild in a few years. You'll have lose whatever Jordan could have gotten in a trade but otherwise they'd be no worse off than starting now.
    The only good thing about Doc and Cp is their abilty to attract bargain players. Players like to play with Cp and players like Doc as a coach for whatever reason. Doc isn't good at playing to the strengths of his players though, he makes decisions based on emotions and tunnel vision.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    They all agree to stick if the Clips can nab Melo. They will see if they can make a run with an upgrade on offense.

    If they can't nab Melo, I can see S & T's for Paul and Griffin (especially Paul, he didn't negotiate the elderly benefits to not take advantage of it).

    They need to trade Rivers Jr. Doc makes decisions based upon how things will effect his son, a conflict of interests IMO. He's too loyal to his Son, Crawful, and Old Man Pierce as well.

    Reddick disappears in the playoffs for LAC and his defense will only be on the decline. They should pass on him.
    If Clips get Melo I think it will have to be via buy-out. I don't see the Knicks wanting to take back the contracts LAC have to offer and they don't really have assets. It's actually possible I think if Melo plays up his NTC leverage and refuses to go anywhere else. Force the Knicks hand to either let him stick around or let him go for free. Push comes to shove I bet they'd let him go.

    CP3/Crawford
    Reddick/Rivers
    Melo/Wes Johnson
    Blake
    Jordan

    Need to use exceptions/vet min deals on front court depth but I could see that happening. It's their best chance IMO.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Doc should be fired. This guy coaches on emotions rather than facts. This team doesn't work. You have a guy who steps up in the playoffs in CP3 but he's extremely limited because of his size. You have two guys who disappear as soon as the playoff comes. Blake keeps getting injured year after year. It doesn't end there because they still keep pumping money into a guy like Jamal Crawford. Honestly, it doesn't work. They keep trying to attract veterans to that team but the only veterans they get are the ones no one wants. DeAndre just rebounds and dunks. Last night, with Gobert out, how does he not score more? This guy has the size/power advantage and the best thing he can do is dunk the ball when he's wide open? Does this guy not know how to score at all? Why do they pay these guys hundreds of millions and they can't go to the gym and learn some post moves? I mean, he's clearly not THAT good at FT's either and he should be going to the weight room anyways. What does DJ do with his time? Garbage player. Blake is the same thing. Hasn't improved his game at all. Hit his peak really early and is now falling off like Dwight. The guy can't even jump over a chihuahua at this point - let alone a car. Lob city hasn't been a thing for years and that's scary considering that's literally why anyone cared about them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,170
    I think theres a good chance its finally the year we see em blow it up. Maybe they try ti snag melo but if they werw gonna do that id imagine they prolly woulda tried that at the deadline.

    Maybe they keep everyone but swap griffin for melo?

    If im the clips id call cleveland and try and do sign amd trade cp3 for kyrie straight up. Doubtful theyd go for it but worth a shot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,118
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If Clips get Melo I think it will have to be via buy-out. I don't see the Knicks wanting to take back the contracts LAC have to offer and they don't really have assets. It's actually possible I think if Melo plays up his NTC leverage and refuses to go anywhere else. Force the Knicks hand to either let him stick around or let him go for free. Push comes to shove I bet they'd let him go.

    CP3/Crawford
    Reddick/Rivers
    Melo/Wes Johnson
    Blake
    Jordan

    Need to use exceptions/vet min deals on front court depth but I could see that happening. It's their best chance IMO.
    No lol

    Phil isn't a push over...

    Melo would come off the bench if he doesn't want to add more teams to his list.

    This is Phil Jackson we are talking about, you really think he will let one of these 2003 deafted players get their way? He would get fired first before that happens lol
    Last edited by Dade County; 05-01-2017 at 02:49 PM.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    No lol

    Phil isn't a push over...

    Melo would come off the bench if he doesn't want to add more teams to his list.

    This is Phil Jackson we are talking about, you really think he will let one of these 2003 deafted players get their way? He would get fired first before that happens lol
    This. Phil has made his blunders for sure, but I genuinely believe the days of the Knicks getting absolutely hosed are (temporarily) over (Dolan is still at the ultimate helm so the darkness could still continue in some facet.)

    But we're not currently just going to give value away for nothing like we did previously. I don't see that happening in the immediate future.

    That said, a Melo to Clippers deal could possibly work if a third team jumps in, maybe Portland with their multiple first round picks. Not sure what it would look like but I'd be surprised if we move Melo and picks aren't involved. Pretty sure Phil realizes it's time to build around KP/Willy and this upcoming draft could expedite that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,507
    I expect to be hearing Griffin to Boston talk this offseason. Possible S&T for a couple firsts and Crowder/Smart something along those lines. Boston has long wanted a true big. Putting Griffin with Horford, Thomas, Bradley would make them more competitive vs Cavs. As for CP3, I've been saying it til the cows come home. If Parker retires, Spurs are landing CP3. As for Jordan, he may end up like Bosh in Miami with no one. Bet he's feeling salty not going to the Mavs now. Reddick is on the decline. Crawford needs to hang it up. Best years are behind him. Pierce retiring, the Clips just need to blow it up and start all over. Bringing Melo there is not the answer. Too much ego over ball handling, CP3 needs to touch the ball & Griffin needs his dunks while Melo will be chucking 30 shots a game. Sorry but Flop City has to rebuild from scratch. 3-4 years they'll be back in it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,118
    Cp3 picks money of winning. GS & Cavs just to good.

    Blake goes to Miami, or maybe Boston. Blake agent contacts Doc & askes would you like to do a sign & trade. If it's HEAT, Bosh & a filler goes to Clips Lmao. Or Blake just walks.

    If it's Boston, Horford & a pic goes to Clips.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,531
    If Blake wanted to leave why would he want a S&T that makes his new team worse. There's no financial incentive to do a S&T anymore.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Cp3 picks money of winning. GS & Cavs just to good.

    Blake goes to Miami, or maybe Boston. Blake agent contacts Doc & askes would you like to do a sign & trade. If it's HEAT, Bosh & a filler goes to Clips Lmao. Or Blake just walks.

    If it's Boston, Horford & a pic goes to Clips.
    Almost none of this makes sense.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,171
    How are they going to get Melo?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,170
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    How are they going to get Melo?
    Sign and trade Griffin for melo is the only realistic possibility and thats a stretch. Blake&porzingis at the 4 n 5 though. Not too shabby

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •