Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I do have it decided that I will and want to go back, finally have that part set in stone in my head, but those of you that did go back late or again, did you do PT or back full time? I'm also going back to start a career in a field that requires clinicals, so it's going to be harder to work full time and go to school the same way.

And ewing, I plan on going to my community college as well. Online classes and some night classes to start before I can get into the program itself. Radiography is what I'll be going for. Sorry fellows, that means in a few years I won't be posting on PSD much if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I do have it decided that I will and want to go back, finally have that part set in stone in my head, but those of you that did go back late or again, did you do PT or back full time? I'm also going back to start a career in a field that requires clinicals, so it's going to be harder to work full time and go to school the same way.

And ewing, I plan on going to my community college as well. Online classes and some night classes to start before I can get into the program itself. Radiography is what I'll be going for. Sorry fellows, that means in a few years I won't be posting on PSD much if at all.
    The health sciences programs are often very popular at the CC level and often have a wait list. Try to make sure you have everything done to start the actual program classes and keep on top of you're admission status to the program if they have a wait list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The health sciences programs are often very popular at the CC level and often have a wait list. Try to make sure you have everything done to start the actual program classes and keep on top of you're admission status to the program if they have a wait list

Yeah, I know I'm most likely not going to get in until next spring most likely. I have gen eds to go back and do which I plan to start this summer. I do, beneficially, know quite a few nurses, techs, doctors, pharmacists, that'll be references and lead me in the right direction so I have that one up. The MRI tech is leading me to my local cc since she was a graduate from there... 17 years ago, but a lot of her colleagues and recent hires are from there. Networking is super sweet.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

My brother first went to (community) college at 36 or 37

He just got accepted to Berkeley 4 years later

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 05-02-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    My brother first went to (community) college at 36 or 37

He just got accepted to Berkeley 4 years later

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    That's awesome. My buddy first went to school when he was 28 and said if he would've went right out of higshcool he never would've stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    That's awesome. My buddy first went to school when he was 28 and said if he would've went right out of higshcool he never would've stayed.

Started my doctorate after 30.

Come work for me.

You won't be posting much on PSD if at all? Time to reconsider. Get your damn priorities straight

I just finished my Bachelors back in December. I'm young, 24, but I started at the community college level first and got my Associates. It's a great way to go.

Don't be afraid of being older. Generally, the younger students look up to the adults in those types of classes. They believe you have real world experiences and since you have come back seeking a degree, you are determined to get it and will work hard for it. From my experiences, the "old people" are generally some of the most popular students in each class. I saw you said that you will most likely be doing night classes, I believe you'll be with students around your age in those classes. I took some when I transferred to KU to finish my undergrad, most of the students were 30+, I was actually an oddball being in my young 20's in night classes.

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

College after 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I feel her pain and unfortunately yours. It's such BS that if you get married, you take on your spouses debt they had racked up, before the marriage.
    Her parents are 96 and 90. The only way out of her debt is...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Started my doctorate after 30.

Come work for me.
    Let's talk salary. Reach out to me, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    You won't be posting much on PSD if at all? Time to reconsider. Get your damn priorities straight
    Thems the ways of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I just finished my Bachelors back in December. I'm young, 24, but I started at the community college level first and got my Associates. It's a great way to go.

Don't be afraid of being older. Generally, the younger students look up to the adults in those types of classes. They believe you have real world experiences and since you have come back seeking a degree, you are determined to get it and will work hard for it. From my experiences, the "old people" are generally some of the most popular students in each class. I saw you said that you will most likely be doing night classes, I believe you'll be with students around your age in those classes. I took some when I transferred to KU to finish my undergrad, most of the students were 30+, I was actually an oddball being in my young 20's in night classes.
    I did night classes around 24ish too and felt that way as well. Even when I was 19, I was up at college and there were 30 some year olds taking courses at the university and they were straight forward on what they wanted. Young, I just wanted to drink and smoke and hang out with my friends. I had Anat and Physiology my freshman year (transferred from CC to University of Hartford after my 1st year at CC with little credits) and it was at 7:40 AM m-w-f. I went to like 3 classes in that semester. I was a terrible student. I was there for social fun rather than learning. I learned the hard way, obviously.

My current boss let us leave at 1 yesterday (I work until 5) since my department finished our monthly billing in record time so I went straight over to my CC and went over my plan with an advisor and am looking to start classes in July. I probably won't be able to get into the Radiography program until Fall of 2019 unfortunately (cut off to submit application is Feb 1st every year, and I won't meet all the pre-reqs by next Feb) which is a bummer but at least I'll have my school mind back in gear.

My mom got her degree after 50. If there's something you want to change or simply learn in your life, why not give it a try? There are no rules.
    Last edited by thefeckcampaign; 05-04-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

I went to college right out of high school, but I dated a girl my junior year who was 30 at the time and in school and I admired her for it. There are so many people at any college that are only there because they feel like they have to be. I'll admit that I was sort of in that boat in college. She took her academics a lot more seriously than I did and knew exactly what she was there for. What I've gleamed from all of that is that if I have kids, I'm going to tell them that (if it's financially possible of course) I will gladly pay for them to go to college, but I'd want them to take a gap year first. I don't care all that much what they'd be doing as long as it's productive, though my preference would be working a menial job for motivation. I think people carry a lot of bad habits into college, and if possible you should try to break them before you get there and doing that three months after you graduate high school seems pretty difficult.
    POOP

About 1/3 of the people I went to law school with were 40+. Never too late to change what you wanna do
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

I started at 28 and just graduated(I'm now 30). I never felt out of place as there were plenty of people in my program around my age. I went to school before but I certainly didnt take it as seriously as I did this time. There was only a few of us who graduated with honors from my program. Almost everyone in my program under 25 has to go back for at least a few more classes. Being older I think you take it more seriously and for me, my motivation was always looking back at all those crummy jobs I'd had before. I wanted to finish school asap and find a job in a field I really enjoy. Best decision I've made in my life.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'm 32 and I just finished my first year of university. I'm taking film studies. I didn't really worry that much of feeling out of place, there are a few people that were in their first year and in their late 20s to early 30s. I went back to give myself a better future. I'm hoping to work in an arts center or TV station when it's all said and done.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast