Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Lottery

Either will be a very good player. Not a McDavid/Matthews type player, but that next level down. Either are good. Hischier could play both C and wing but he'll ultimately be a C. Patrick is 100% a center.

Really can't go wrong with either. I don't think one is head and shoulders above the other. Patrick concerns me with his injury history, but he's still a hell of a talent.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see either make the team out of camp. Not saying it's a lock, because they have the players this year that they don't NEED Hischier or Patrick to play this year. But if they can make the team, Hextall has even more work to do.

Man, what an off-season this is gonna be.

Hirschier could be a Patrick Kane level player....he's incredible and only getting better. They may not be McDavid-level talents, but both are legitimately elite.

And NJ really does need a C, so Patrick makes a lot of sense for them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Hirschier could be a Patrick Kane level player....he's incredible and only getting better. They may not be McDavid-level talents, but both are legitimately elite.

And NJ really does need a C, so Patrick makes a lot of sense for them.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    My thoughts verbatim. And if they go Nico, we get G Patrick Couturier Rubtsov down the middle

Guys...Why are you so surprised??? I told you to BANK IT remember???

Rubstov, #1 pick, Couts, Giroux

Interesting little tid bit about Hischier as well: he's an international player, which means if the Flyers want, they can have him play in the AHL this year rather than having to send him back to junior if they decide he's not ready.

And let's get this straight off the bat: neither player is guaranteed to make this roster out of camp. The Flyers have 3 legitimate centers and having either Hischier or Patrick start at 4C just wouldn't be conducive. They need to play substantial minutes and they won't get that at 4C.

One possible scenario is moving Filppula to wing to make room for either Hischier/Patrick. Another applies strictly to Hischier, being that he can play wing in his 1st year and grow into the C role. Patrick can't do that, he's strictly a center.

But again, it's not a lock that either is going to make this team. The Flyers are in a good position to allow them to grow more in junior if necessary.

Regardless, this is exciting as hell. Endless possibilities just became even crazier. And this is the perfect type of draft to be at #2. Very Hall/Seguin like. You take one, I'll take whoever is left, don't miss out on the cream of the crop. It's a great spot to be in.

I still can't believe it. So excited.

Only thing Im disappointed about is the speculation for the next couple months about who the Flyers will take. Regardless, exciting time to be a Flyers fan with so many good young prospects on the cusp of breaking into the NHL. I can't believe the NHL allowed a scenario for the Flyers to jump into the top 2 lol!

If Giroux struggles to produce at an elite level again this coming season. He would also be a possibility to move to the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    If Giroux struggles to produce at an elite level again this coming season. He would also be a possibility to move to the wing.
    Giroux is not moving to wing. Just give up on that dream lol!

Another season of not making the playoffs and playing some kids on defense would not be a bad thing.

I'd be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs. Even without Hischier/Patrick they'd have Lindblom coming over, new kids on D. The question mark is in goal, and that's a big one for sure, but I think with roster optimization they should still be a playoff team.

That said, I agree. If they don't make it, next year's draft is strong.

Hahaha was just thinking if Hischier is the pick and they decide to have both he and Rubtsov start in LV, Phantoms could have:

Hischier
    Rubtsov
    Vorobyov

down the middle next year. Holy hell what a squad.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Giroux is not moving to wing. Just give up on that dream lol!
    If he starts earning that cap space I'll leave it alone.

If he goes back to the high effort defender he appeared to be a few seasons ago I would as well.

But I won't if he looks as poor defensively this season, and continues to NOT produce. I will continue to dream of a Guroux-Couts-Jake line

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Hahaha was just thinking if Hischier is the pick and they decide to have both he and Rubtsov start in LV, Phantoms could have:

Hischier
    Rubtsov
    Vorobyov

Wow didn't even think about it like that. My god

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

Hischier
    Rubtsov
    Vorobyov

Lol

This doesn't include laughton, cousins, or weal either.

Should result in a pretty gross season

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast