Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rockets in 4

1 3.33%
  • Rockets in 5

11 36.67%
  • Rockets in 6

9 30.00%
  • Rockets in 7

4 13.33%
  • Thunder in 4

0 0%
  • Thunder in 5

0 0%
  • Thunder in 6

1 3.33%
  • Thunder in 7

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

WC Quarterfinals Series Thread: Rockets (3) vs Thunder (6) Rockets win 4-1

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 - Sunday, April 16, Oklahoma City at Houston, 9 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 - Wednesday, April 19, Oklahoma City at Houston, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 - Friday, April 21, Houston at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 - Sunday, April 23, Houston at Oklahoma City, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 5 * Tuesday, April 25, Oklahoma City at Houston, TBD

Game 6 * Thursday, April 27, Houston at Oklahoma City, TBD

Game 7 * Saturday, April 29, Oklahoma City at Houston, TBD, TNT

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Steven Adams
    PF: Taj Gibson
    SF: Andre Roberson
    SG: Victor Oladipo
    PG: Russell Westbrook

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Clint Capela
    PF: Ryan Anderson
    SF: Trevor Ariza
    SG: Patrick Beverly
    PG: James Harden

Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City

Toyota Center, Houston

Last edited by kdspurman; 04-13-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Thunder in 6

rooting for the Thunder and Russ but I think the Rockets got this in 6

First Sim League Title!

The Thunder have defenders and Russ ... The Rockets have a lot more offense than the Thunder have defense and I think that's the difference.

Interesting series though.

This'll be tight. Whoever loses to the other the MVP (I'm assuming one of these two will get it) definitely won't want to lose this series, too. Nothing would surprise me.

Thanks for putting all of this work into all of these, kd. Looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    This'll be tight. Whoever loses to the other the MVP (I'm assuming one of these two will get it) definitely won't want to lose this series, too. Nothing would surprise me.

Thanks for putting all of this work into all of these, kd. Looks nice.
    No problem

And this is why I wish they wouldn't wait until June to announce the MVP. Would be nice to see the runner up or whoever playing with some extra fire

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    No problem

And this is why I wish they wouldn't wait until June to announce the MVP. Would be nice to see the runner up or whoever playing with some extra fire
    Yeah, I forgot it takes so long to reveal these honors. Ballots should be due by midnight tonight, tallied up tomorrow and released on Friday in a banquet award type show. Give a few extra days as a break between the regular season and the playoffs. Make it an event. Or extend the season another few days to help with back to backs and have it end this weekend (Saturday). Put up the awards show on Monday night and have the playoffs start on Friday or Thursday.

Getting year end awards after the playoffs has always been dumb to me. Remember when Dirk won after they got embarrassed in the first round?

I wanna say rockets in 5 but I'll go with rockets in 6 to be conservative. Okc can't hang with 3pt shooting teams, big mismatch here.

Too close. I think Westbrook will have some bad shooting games.

Rockets in 7...

This series will be fun to watch because Harden & West will put on a show.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I could see this series going 7 games. Crazy we get to see the two top guys for MVP take each other out.
    Hopefully Beverley doesn't go for Westbrook's knee again. That would not be good for basketball.

I think the Rockets could lose this one. The Starters were debating who has more pressure on them, Harden or Westbrook. I think it's Harden, as they do, because he hasn't really shined in the playoffs (went cold in the Finals, only good year was last season and blew it). He's no longer got Dwight around to put up 60 points, so it's his show now.

I hope whoever wins upsets the Warriors or Spurs. Just for the sheer shock value. I could easily see OKC knocking off D'Antoni's squad, since their defense is meh and Westbrook is a monster.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

this was a really close regular season series the first 3 games were all decided by 3 points or less. Rockets won the series 3-1 and while I think it will be close rockets in six.

My basketball brain side if saying Rockets in 5
    My nba business brain side is saying Rockets in 6 with a possibility of a game 7 just for headline/shock value for the top 2 media mvp picks and revenue generated of course, its all about that dollar bill

if I were to bet money on this series it would be on the Rockets because I feel they have more firepower as a team, just behind the Warriors team PPG

We're just not going to be able to stop them defensively and can't score enough offensively to win.. it should be Rockets in five or six. It would be huge for us if frickin Kanter+Adams can get some minutes together just so we can pummel them on the inside but it'll be hilarious watching Nene/Capela get the easiest baskets over Kanter. I'm not expecting too much on Oladipo and the other youngins we have. As a fan, I'd love to watch a Warriors vs OKC matchup but it'll be a sweep. I honestly hope HOU/OKC both lose so we can see a Spurs vs Warriors matchup. Sorry to HOU fans. love ya but we all know Warriors will beat you guys in 5.

If OKC can take one of the first two in Houston, I think this goes 6 or 7. If not, it's a 4 or 5 game series. But the Rockets are going to win, and I'd feel pretty good about making that bet. They're just a better, more talented overall basketball team. And OKC can't keep up with them offensively over an entire series.

The key for Houston is stepping on the Thunder's throat when they get leads. I could be wrong, but I think the Rockets actually had big, double-digit leads in all four games they played against OKC this season. And in all four games, the Thunder came back and either won or made the game far closer than it deserved to be in the fourth quarter.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast