Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1187
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    damn yanks were down 9-1 to the orioles, they just tied it up 11-11, judge 2 more bombs

    down 9-1 in the 6th they won 14-11 in 10 they absolutely destroyed the orioles bullpen, brach entered with a pristine 0.00 era over 12 innings and left with a 2.08 era

    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19269062
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-28-2017 at 11:43 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,447
    I believe this was the 7th loss by the BP this season. Crazy

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    I believe this was the 7th loss by the BP this season. Crazy
    thats what happens when you go exclusively with other teams discards

    Howell and Smith were taken off their former teams playoff rosters last year, Grilli was dfa'd by atlanta before the Jays traded for him.

    bullpen by discard is not a good strategy in my opinion

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    37,527
    this is one of those games that could have easily been won if managed differently

    You don't have a guy u trust in ur pen, why the **** are you taking Stroman out when he has been cruising and striking out everyone. Stroman at 100 pitches is still ur best bet to get outs the way things have been going. The less you count on the pen the better

    Then he compounds the problem by bringing in Leone to pitch to a lefty in Morrison. Gibbons must have Leone confused for a good major league pitcher. I mean there is a good reason this guy was DFAd in the winter and we're ****ing counting on him in extra inning games and tied in the 8th inning

    You signed a lefty in Howell for a reason. Either that or just ****ing keep Grilli in.

    But 2 bad managerial decisions in 1 innings compounded by the pitcher's lack of ability to bail their manager out. This is something I've harped on for years. Gibbons bad managerial decisions are finally starting to cost him unlike previous years where he was getting bailed out a bunch of times

    Dude needs to go along with Jacoby.. This ship is truly sinking

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    this is one of those games that could have easily been won if managed differently

    You don't have a guy u trust in ur pen, why the **** are you taking Stroman out when he has been cruising and striking out everyone. Stroman at 100 pitches is still ur best bet to get outs the way things have been going. The less you count on the pen the better

    Then he compounds the problem by bringing in Leone to pitch to a lefty in Morrison. Gibbons must have Leone confused for a good major league pitcher. I mean there is a good reason this guy was DFAd in the winter and we're ****ing counting on him in extra inning games and tied in the 8th inning

    You signed a lefty in Howell for a reason. Either that or just ****ing keep Grilli in.

    But 2 bad managerial decisions in 1 innings compounded by the pitcher's lack of ability to bail their manager out. This is something I've harped on for years. Gibbons bad managerial decisions are finally starting to cost him unlike previous years where he was getting bailed out a bunch of times

    Dude needs to go along with Jacoby.. This ship is truly sinking
    you do realize JP howell has an 81.00 era and gotten out only one batter of the 6 he's faced this season? The man is like using lighter fluid in fire trucks and saying youre going out to fight fires.

    and you wanted them to use Howell? are you serious?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    37,527
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    you do realize JP howell has an 81.00 era and gotten out only one batter of the 6 he's faced this season? The man is like using lighter fluid in fire trucks and saying youre going out to fight fires.

    and you wanted them to use Howell? are you serious?
    yes morrison can't hit lefties and howell is actually a major league pitcher.. i know i would much rather have howell than Leone in that situation

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    yes morrison can't hit lefties and howell is actually a major league pitcher.. i know i would much rather have howell than Leone in that situation
    ok fair response, I hear ya. but for me Id rather have somebody who can actually get somebody out.

    the problem being that I dont know if we have one of those in our bullpen

    seems to me, they all like to play with matches.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,447
    Honestly wondering when (and it might even be this weekend) Gibby gets the axe, does the pressure actually deflect to the 2 "holier than thou" execs start getting the heat deserved.

    This team is on the brink of a retool/rebuild, and I don't want to either of these 2 reading the drawings never mind actually doing the work.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Honestly wondering when (and it might even be this weekend) Gibby gets the axe, does the pressure actually deflect to the 2 "holier than thou" execs start getting the heat deserved.

    This team is on the brink of a retool/rebuild, and I don't want to either of these 2 reading the drawings never mind actually doing the work.
    my feelings exactly, in fact i just said so in another thead

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    37,527
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Honestly wondering when (and it might even be this weekend) Gibby gets the axe, does the pressure actually deflect to the 2 "holier than thou" execs start getting the heat deserved.

    This team is on the brink of a retool/rebuild, and I don't want to either of these 2 reading the drawings never mind actually doing the work.
    I honestly don't see this being an option. I'm sure part of Shapiro coming here was to facilitate a rebuild. If anything, ownership probably thinks they got the guy for the job even though the job he was brought in to do was delayed by a couple of years

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Wasnt twitchy the mod here?

    Then... who moderating this board right now?
    The inmates!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    I honestly don't see this being an option. I'm sure part of Shapiro coming here was to facilitate a rebuild. If anything, ownership probably thinks they got the guy for the job even though the job he was brought in to do was delayed by a couple of years
    bomber I don't know whether or not you grasp the subtleties of the question he's asking....since they hired Gibbons themselves, he's no longer considered an AA hire. So now if they fire him it's looked upon as a Shapiro-Atkins failure. Not an AA one. So if and when Gibbons gets the axe...they'll doubtless feel some heat.. probably not from Rogers since they wouldn't do it unless Rogers told them to. But they'd surely feel some heat from the press.

    The first thing the press will ask is why did you fire the guy you just gave a 2 year deal to?

    Then the next question is what changed in the interim that made you lose confidence in the man you hired?

    If they say we're not winning that points the finger right back at their acquisitions, which really isn't technically the managers job.... a managers job is to manage the players he's given, not acquire them. So I kinda doubt Gibbons is going anywhere soon. Shapiro doesn't want people looking behind the curtain as it were.....
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-29-2017 at 07:20 AM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,730
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    I honestly don't see this being an option. I'm sure part of Shapiro coming here was to facilitate a rebuild. If anything, ownership probably thinks they got the guy for the job even though the job he was brought in to do was delayed by a couple of years
    Yeah, I feel like their task was to wrap up AA's run and decide direction along the way with the reigns to at least begin the next phase for the team. There's no way they're going anywhere, yet.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,101
    You're right there Mike, they're bulletproof for the foreseeable future, they've spun it exactly how Rogers wanted. AA was a bad guy he left the cupboard bare for goldilocks..uh I mean Shapiro.... It's funny how the simplest plots and storylines can be used over and over and the owners think we simpletons have no idea. The sad part is the average fan doesn't.

    So you're absolutely correct.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,447
    Different sport, but Rogers is a partner in the Leafs as well. Burke was brought in to do that exact same thing and failed. MLSE give Burke the axe pretty quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if the leash on these 2 is short. Only problem is who to bring in as president and GM.

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •