Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rockets in 4

    0 0%
  • Rockets in 5

    0 0%
  • Rockets in 6

    5 21.74%
  • Rockets in 7

    2 8.70%
  • Spurs in 4

    1 4.35%
  • Spurs in 5

    3 13.04%
  • Spurs in 6

    7 30.43%
  • Spurs in 7

    5 21.74%
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 839
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,517

    WC Semifinals Series Thread: Spurs (2) vs Rockets (3) Spurs win 4-2






    VS.



    All games in EST

    Game 1, Monday, May 1: Rockets at Spurs, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

    Game 2, Wednesday, May 3: Rockets at Spurs, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT

    Game 3, Friday, May 5: Spurs at Rockets, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

    Game 4, Sunday, May 7: Spurs at Rockets, Time TBD, TNT

    Game 5*, Tuesday, May 9: Rockets at Spurs, Time TBD, TNT

    Game 6*, Thursday, May 11: Spurs at Rockets, Time TBD, ESPN

    Game 7*, Sunday, May 14: Rockets at Spurs, Time TBD,



    * If Necessary



    Projected Starting Lineups:




    C: Clint Capela
    PF: Ryan Anderson
    SF: Trevor Ariza
    SG: Patrick Beverly
    PG: James Harden


    Projected Starting Lineups:




    C: Dewayne Dedmon
    PF: Lamarcus Aldridge
    SF: Kawhi Leonard
    SG: Danny Green
    PG: Tony Parker



    Toyota Center, Houston




    AT&T Center, San Antonio




    Last edited by kdspurman; 05-12-2017 at 11:50 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,089
    Spurs in 5


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,391
    Voted Spurs in 7, but rooting for the Rockets in this one. Unless Lee has a performance for the ages of course.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,026
    I think it will go 7

    and I'll pick Houston
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,465
    Kawhi on Harden? I think that just bogs down the Rocket offense. Spurs in 6.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    4,961
    Curious to see Mightybossstone's thoughts...

    Hard for me to pick Spurs in less than 6 games after what happened with the Grizzlies. I'll stick with 6, and if it goes 7, then Spurs at home is going to be a tough uphill battle for the Rockets. Rockets could pull the upset, but as I said in the Grizzlies thread, Kawhi/Green are going to drive Harden nuts and Houston's defense just isn't as good.

    Spurs in 6. I could see them winning in 5 games, too, but I think Harden is just too good to not win two games especially at home, although it will probably be 2-0 Spurs heading into Houston.

    What about you, kdspurman?


    6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,241
    Brain says Spurs in 7.
    Heart says Rockets in 6.

    I'll blindly follow my heart.

    Just thankful that these games SHOULD be more appealing to watch rather than those Thunder games.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,026
    Memphis isn't a good team and got 2 wins. Houston is the 3rd best team in basketball, makes no sense to me that some of you are predicting them to do worse than them

    San Antonio has always been a pretty fair matchup for this Rockets team, games are always close
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,517
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Memphis isn't a good team and got 2 wins. Houston is the 3rd best team in basketball, makes no sense to me that some of you are predicting them to do worse than them

    San Antonio has always been a pretty fair matchup for this Rockets team, games are always close
    What exactly makes you think Memphis isnt a good team? Thats silly lol

    Theyre a better team than OKC. They just dealt with injuries this season. Otherwise theyre probably higher than 7. What happens in 1 series has nothing to do with the next.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 04-29-2017 at 01:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    13,756
    Four regular season games had an eight point differential.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,517
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Curious to see Mightybossstone's thoughts...

    Hard for me to pick Spurs in less than 6 games after what happened with the Grizzlies. I'll stick with 6, and if it goes 7, then Spurs at home is going to be a tough uphill battle for the Rockets. Rockets could pull the upset, but as I said in the Grizzlies thread, Kawhi/Green are going to drive Harden nuts and Houston's defense just isn't as good.

    Spurs in 6. I could see them winning in 5 games, too, but I think Harden is just too good to not win two games especially at home, although it will probably be 2-0 Spurs heading into Houston.

    What about you, kdspurman?
    I honestly have no idea. Im still figuring out these Spurs. If it was last years or the years prior, id be confident in this being a quick series.

    This year, idk... more guys have to step up than they did last series, and they'll likely have more opportunities/looks. Its just remains to be seen if they capitalize.

    2 guys I'll be paying close attention to are LMA and Green. LMA will need to score more than he did vs Memphis (tougher front line to deal with) and Green needs to not miss every 3 he takes

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,517
    Also, the Rockets are the only WC team Tim Duncan never had the pleasure of eliminating. (Cause they never matched up) of course after he retires they face off.

    And D'Antoni hasnt had success vs Pop in the past. Hopefully he's got something planned for these guys

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,089
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    What exactly makes you think Memphis isnt a good team? Thats silly lol

    Theyre a better team than OKC. They just dealt with injuries this season. Otherwise theyre probably higher than 7. What happens in 1 series has nothing to do with the next.
    This.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,820
    For me I say Spurs in 7 games

    I think this will go 7 games because both teams are just so evenly matched

    And not to mention seeing the defensive match-ups but also the offensive match-ups too this series on paper just seems so even which makes it hard to choose just which team moves on but I think it will ultimately be San Antonio

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,192
    Houston in 6


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •