Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

With the 5th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select.........

Corey Davis WR Western Michigan

Let us know your thoughts on the pick

I don't know, I hope to be proven wrong, but I simply don't like it. In my opinion, there were much better options on the table, including Allen and Lattimore, plus what I consider to be a better prospect at the position in Williams.

He'll fking YAYY!!!!! Go back and read it broskis. I said we should take Davis at 5 and BOOM! WRs falling like rain and we got the best one.

By the way don't give me any small school bs...GOAT was small school. This guy is the complete package and we should be thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I don't know, I hope to be proven wrong, but I simply don't like it. In my opinion, there were much better options on the table, including Allen and Lattimore, plus what I consider to be a better prospect at the position in Williams.
    CB at 5 is too damn high. Unless you are getting thrice in a decade guys you don't do it imo. None if these guys are that and CB is deep in this draft. Robinson is such a boss.

Can't freaking wait to watch Davis eat Lattimore and these other chumps alive.

J-Rob hasn't given us reason to doubt, at this point. Personally, I would have liked Allen or Adams at 5, because I never thought either one would still be there. But, I really like Davis, and was hoping to land him. I just feel that 5 is too early, but it's not likely that he would have still been there at 18.

Quote Originally Posted by warehouseisbare View Post
    CB at 5 is too damn high. Unless you are getting thrice in a decade guys you don't do it imo. None if these guys are that and CB is deep in this draft. Robinson is such a boss.

Can't freaking wait to watch Davis eat Lattimore and these other chumps alive.
    No, top 5 isn't too high for a CB. Talent is talent, and when you're so thin at a premier position in today's league, you can't overlook it so easily, especially when you have the chance to select the best player at the position in the class and one of the better overall talents in the entire Draft.

With how things turned out after the pick, I give Robinson some credit for anticipating the unexpected high demand for WRs early and staying ahead of it. But I'm still far from convinced Davis was the better WR prospect, let alone the best player available.

J Rob probably didn't have to anticipate anything. C.D was the best player...you go with your convictions. People listen wayyyy too much to freaking mock drafts and Kiper and allow that stuff to sway their opinions. Look at the tape and convince me C.D was not the best WR prospect. You can't. I like Williams too but just because he was in the spotlight for a year doesn't make him better. I like Williams but he's no Davis..he does do some things better but I'm saying overall. Obviously CB at 5 was too high...no one took one until 11 so there's really no argument there. No one can convince me Lattimore is so much better than the other CBs and worthy of 5.

Anyway we should be celebrating together folks!!! This is a great day!

Welcome to the Titans Mr. Jackson!

After reading the comments from Jon Robinson and Mike Mularkey I knew they wanted to come out of this round with O.J Howard, Mike Williams or Corey Davis.

I think the Bears taking Mitch Trubisky at 2 might have altered our plans. Who knows what trade offers were on the table.

But I think they accessed the board very well. They seen there were only a few top options as a big fast pass catcher and a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball. So go ahead and get your guy at 5 and then take your pick of the talent still available at 18.

Corey Davis is a guy that fits the mold of what Jon Robinson wants in a player. Western Michigan was the only D1 school that offered him a scholarship and he worked his butt off to make teams regret that decision. He had record breaking 4 year production and got on the field right from the start.

Jon Robinson likes guys that had to work hard to prove themselves and stand out. Guys that wanted it and were gonna get it no matter what. Guys like Jack Conklin, Tajae Sharpe and Byard from last year.

Marcus Mariota