Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 189
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,981
    Quote Originally Posted by No_LoavingLV View Post
    I suffered from food addiction. I was 438 lbs at one point now at 170 lbs. I had a 64 inch waist now I am a 34 in waist. I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2009.

    Eating is like any other addiction except I have to have it unlike drugs or alcohol. They sling it everywhere to.

    I have to do things like use small plates and utensils when I eat. If I want chips I pour some in a bowl and put the bag back in the cupboard.
    oh for sure food can be an addiction. Did you seek help for it, or were you able to make life changes by yourself?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Roping back around. I went to the Wolves game on Saturday night, and was offered a beer. I can happily say I had zero interest in drinking it. Not even a sip. I realized I have some resentment towards alcohol. Not when others drink it, meaning, I don't care at all when people drink around me. I wouldn't be at a bar any longer, but socially it doesn't bother me. But I thought about it a lot the last few days, and there is no way I will ever drink again. I feel like I gave nearly half my life to drinking. It controlled what I did, who I spent time with, who I wanted to hang out with, who I avoided, everything. I spent so much time in front of a mirror looking at myself in disgust from 2014-2017, and I have this pure hatred for it. I have been able to be disciplined in everything in my life, except alcohol.

    The biggest part of it all, is that I just KNOW if I take a sip, I will be right back to 15-16 beers a day, every single day.

    My mom got to see me get sober before she passed, which is something that will always be important to me. I almost feel like I need to control my addiction for so many reasons that aren't me, when ultimately I understand the only way I can control it is for me.

    Sorry for the rant. I used to talk to my Mom about things like this. it's been over 13 months since I had a sip of booze, and I feel like it's been 20 years since my last drink. Odd
    Great to hear man.
    HELLO

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,164
    Sex, food, and PSD.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Alcohol is my mom and brother's vice.

    Opiates were 2 of my brothers vices but no longer do them(1 is listed above as well)

    I smoke bud, I generally smoke every night once or twice but I don't need to. I haven't had any since last Sunday (6 days) and have only smoked on Thursday when I smoked a single blunt with a buddy. Over the last six years I've quit for both nearly 2 years and 1 year. If I needed to quit to pass a drug test to get a new job I could easily stop on a dime to get over it.

    Every time I quit smoking weed I gain an easy 15-20 pounds. Granted that puts me up to like 150-55. Probably due do drinking an extra time or 2 a week (usually drink one of Friday or Saturday night while smoking). The first time I quit it sucked balls for like 3-4 days and then to my surprise I stopped giving a **** about it entirely. As for sleeping, I go from sleeping like a rock to waking up multiple times a night - which is weird because when I was younger before the weed I never ever ever had that problem.

    I used to smoke cigarettes but I haven't bought a pack in nearly 3 years, I smoke when I'm ********* but can't stand even smelling someone who smokes sober anymore. Cigarettes were also pretty easy for me to stop smoking regularly, first week sucked then I felt amazing.
    I've dabbled in my fair share of hard drugs, but I've never felt compelled to do them all the time. At one time I was doing quite a bit of the white stuff but it was easily accessible and free, I never wanted to buy a bag for myself though. Pills suck, idk why I did them even as little as I had - they just aren't worth it. Alcohol has especially never been something I would want to do all the time (college aside), probably due to watching my mom and hating everything about her addiction. But also I don't like how it makes me feel after even though I either get no to a mild hangover.
    Basically, I'm lucky not to have an addictive personality coming from two parents who have alcoholism running through their veins (my dad's mom literally drank herself to death)
    This is interesting, I'm the exact opposite. When I quit smoking weed, weight sheds off of me rapidly. I simply cannot ignore the munchies and I tend to eat horrible food in the early AM, which my body has no good answer for. I have stopped intermittently but for the majority of my last 25 years I've smoked weed pretty regularly. I cannot declare that I won't smoke again but I'm currently 3 weeks removed from my last session and I feel unbelievable. I wake up in the morning ready to tackle the day and don't think about when I will get home and get high again. I was 235 and now I'm down to 220 just that quick.

    The effed up part is that I really hate what it does to me. I'm introverted by nature and when I smoke my brain is imprisoned and it's hard to get a word out of me. For some people they feel like their mind is unlocked and I am the total opposite of that. It's tough on my wife because she is a talker and at times she feels like she's pulling teeth. I'm also a creative writer and I'm much more productive when I'm not stoned, whereas there are a lot of people who need it as a muse. For me I guess it helps me cope with my past but I can't keep turning to it and that's all just a ******** excuse.

    I've also reduced my sugar intake and have only had soda like 5 times in the last 3 weeks so that along with riding my bike everywhere has just helped drop the weight and keep my energy up. Those are my 2 biggest addictions. Luckily I'm not the type that gets headaches or irritable when I abstain. What it comes down to is that I dwell way too much on past mistakes and just feel that I haven't accomplished much in life. But the truth is that I'm putting myself way behind the 8 ball if I continue down the same path. I simply don't want to be stuck in the same rut. Right now I am going through some rough times but I'm more easily able to find inner peace by facing my demons and not running from them.

    My dad has been in N.A. for over 30 years without a relapse. His alcohol addiction actually pushed me at a young age to say, I never want to get like that. I drink only a couple times a month and I never feel like I need it, it's just a social thing, and helps me open up in group settings. I always felt that weed was a relatively harmless alternative but it really doesn't do me any good. It turns me into a slug.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,190
    ....

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,873
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ....
    I was curious what your addiction might be.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I was curious what your addiction might be.
    Well he is from Cali

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    29,884
    World of Warcraft for about three years. I think I mentioned once before... I would be jonesing for a root beer float every day in 1981 or 82 at college. Oh yeah - I had a porn addiction for a year or two back when porn sites first came online (1996ish?) and it took like 30 seconds for each 600 x 480 pixel image to load on a 54.4 kbs modem.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    World of Warcraft for about three years. I think I mentioned once before... I would be jonesing for a root beer float every day in 1981 or 82 at college. Oh yeah - I had a porn addiction for a year or two back when porn sites first came online (1996ish?) and it took like 30 seconds for each 600 x 480 pixel image to load on a 54.4 kbs modem.
    back in the day where you were long finishing with yourself before the page actually loaded

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Well he is from Cali
    Given his name I was kind of hoping for a meth-head for juxtaposition



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,914
    World of Warcraft ruined my best friends life in high school Stopped showing up to sports practices...sports he could've scholorshipped in. Stopped hanging out with friends. Video game addiction is REAL!
    HELLO

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Roping back around. I went to the Wolves game on Saturday night, and was offered a beer. I can happily say I had zero interest in drinking it. Not even a sip. I realized I have some resentment towards alcohol. Not when others drink it, meaning, I don't care at all when people drink around me. I wouldn't be at a bar any longer, but socially it doesn't bother me. But I thought about it a lot the last few days, and there is no way I will ever drink again. I feel like I gave nearly half my life to drinking. It controlled what I did, who I spent time with, who I wanted to hang out with, who I avoided, everything. I spent so much time in front of a mirror looking at myself in disgust from 2014-2017, and I have this pure hatred for it. I have been able to be disciplined in everything in my life, except alcohol.

    The biggest part of it all, is that I just KNOW if I take a sip, I will be right back to 15-16 beers a day, every single day.

    My mom got to see me get sober before she passed, which is something that will always be important to me. I almost feel like I need to control my addiction for so many reasons that aren't me, when ultimately I understand the only way I can control it is for me.

    Sorry for the rant. I used to talk to my Mom about things like this. it's been over 13 months since I had a sip of booze, and I feel like it's been 20 years since my last drink. Odd
    That's good **** man.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,542
    Quote Originally Posted by No_LoavingLV View Post
    I suffered from food addiction. I was 438 lbs at one point now at 170 lbs. I had a 64 inch waist now I am a 34 in waist. I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2009.

    Eating is like any other addiction except I have to have it unlike drugs or alcohol. They sling it everywhere to.

    I have to do things like use small plates and utensils when I eat. If I want chips I pour some in a bowl and put the bag back in the cupboard.
    Nice. Keep it up.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,704
    I have a alcohol problem. I'm drunk as I type this and a lot of my posts here. This isn't a hey I drink sometimes thing. I drink upwards of twenty or more beers by myself three times a week and every Saturday with a friend.

    Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I have a alcohol problem. I'm drunk as I type this and a lot of my posts here. This isn't a hey I drink sometimes thing. I drink upwards of twenty or more beers by myself three times a week and every Saturday with a friend.

    Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    your avy + name is a dead giveaway

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •