Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Giannis Saved The City of Milwaukee

Yes, everyone is super pumped about the playoff blowout. We are finally looking to make a run in the playoffs! It would never even be a possibility without the likes of Giannis. After Parker went down, then Beasley, the season could have fell apart but Giannis stood strong, and saved the season. He's been doing this since he got drafted...

http://www.armchairallamericans.com/...ity-milwaukee/

Quote Originally Posted by SembLuc View Post
    Yes, everyone is super pumped about the playoff blowout. We are finally looking to make a run in the playoffs! It would never even be a possibility without the likes of Giannis. After Parker went down, then Beasley, the season could have fell apart but Giannis stood strong, and saved the season. He's been doing this since he got drafted...

http://www.armchairallamericans.com/...ity-milwaukee/
    Without Giannis the Bucks would be horrible. But lets relax on everything else. The Bucks won 1 playoff game. Have won 3 games total in 4 years of Giannis - so far. Lets calm down on the saved the city part. I think an argument can be made he has saved the franchise but Bucks have to win series etc. before that kind of talk of him saving the city.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Without Giannis the Bucks would be horrible. But lets relax on everything else. The Bucks won 1 playoff game. Have won 3 games total in 4 years of Giannis - so far. Lets calm down on the saved the city part. I think an argument can be made he has saved the franchise but Bucks have to win series etc. before that kind of talk of him saving the city.
    Thanks for the reply! If you read the article I talk about how Giannis' incredible upside and skill-set have made Bucks fan hopeful in Milwaukee again, which is why they are now constructing the new stadium and remained here in Milwaukee. I say saved Milwaukee because this will generate awesome revenue! I totally get where you are coming from though.

Yeah that was the argument to make and I respect it, but I think it's wrong. I think the new owners were really pushing the stadium and it was getting done before Giannis ever was considered a superstar. He showed flashes but no one saw this coming this year to this extent. He really took league by storm this year and the arena deal was done before the season. Giannis has put the optimism in the franchise though no doubt. Without him this team wouldn't be exciting and the future wouldn't be nearly as bright!

Agree. As much as everyone hated him as an owner, herb kohl is really the one who saved the Bucks. His contract to sell the bucks virtually guaranteed that the new owners would be highly invested in the team remaining in Milwaukee.

Giannis has been great and is a huge part of the new energy around the team. Hopefully that continues, but saving the city is a bit extreme.