• 1: We suck

0 0%
  • 2: We suck

1 25.00%
  • 3: The Right Choice

1 25.00%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Did people actually suggest that we weren't a good team? Or did they just comment that we weren't playing like a good team. There's obviously a big difference there.
    good post my love <3

Dont be so cold bdawk, you and I are quite similar.

Szczur RF
    Bryant 3B
    Rizzo 1B
    Russell SS
    Contreras C
    Almora CF
    Baez 2B
    Hendricks P
    Jay LF

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Not even close.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Did people actually suggest that we weren't a good team? Or did they just comment that we weren't playing like a good team. There's obviously a big difference there.
    I'm not gonna dig it out but I specifically saw a post saying Bryant needed to change his swing. Seemingly as a consequence, direct or otherwise, of us losing a couple games consecutively in April.

Kris Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    You're way more likeable

Then what's the point of these IGTs? What's there to discuss outside of how the team is playing in the moment? I, too, think it's a blip, nothing more. Doesn't mean discussing it should be frowned upon, imo.
    I didn't "frown" upon it. I just said personally, it's not even worth a discussion. Like I said, the discussion should go something like,

"Man we're not playing well right now"
    "Yeah, but the guys who we were concerned about are doing well, and the guys who we know are good are struggling"
    "Good point, as long as they play like they always do, this team is going to be fine"
    "Yup"

/End

Just doesn't seem to be much worth it, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I didn't "frown" upon it. I just said personally, it's not even worth a discussion. Like I said, the discussion should go something like,

"Man we're not playing well right now"
    "Yeah, but the guys who we were concerned about are doing well, and the guys who we know are good are struggling"
    "Good point, as long as they play like they always do, this team is going to be fine"
    "Yup"

/End

Just doesn't seem to be much worth it, imo.
    Eh. For the most part that's what the conversation HAS been. Part of the competitive aspect of following sports is venting frustration when your team plays like crap.

If someone was trying to draw any kind of long-term assertion based on a 4 game stretch then yeah I agree but I think most of the antsyness comes from the desire everyone has to see this group be historically great like we know they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'm not gonna dig it out but I specifically saw a post saying Bryant needed to change his swing. Seemingly as a consequence, direct or otherwise, of us losing a couple games consecutively in April.

Kris Bryant.
    Oh, there was more than that said. I think someone figured Lackey was done and too old because of his last start. Never mind he actually has not been that bad. Also, heard about how the pen sucked and we did not have any dominating relief pitcher. Now if the comment was the pen has not been good the last week that is different then the pen sucks and different arms are needed.
    I also think I saw something that said what 12 games has proved is the Cubs need to have Almora in center and Baez at 2nd. So I guess 12 games proved Zobrist is done or should sit the bench as well.

Nothing wrong with stating facts about not playing well. And for the most part, that is what people do (including BDawk) But drawing conclusions on the team after 12 or 14 games is an over-reaction. I do understand the frustration. But you have to believe these guys will start to play to their abilities. And their abilities will get them a whole lot more wins then losses. And there is no need for major changes or serious concerns about the season.

Kris Bryant.
    Change his swing or adjust? I don't remember the actual wording. Also, I don't agree saying we lost a couple when it was 5 straight at home to bad teams is necessarily being too accurate.

Change his swing or adjust? I don't remember the actual wording. Also, I don't agree saying we lost a couple when it was 5 straight at home to bad teams is necessarily being too accurate.
    It was 4. 3 of them to the Pirates, who are most certainly not a bad team. This is the exact kind of overreaction I'm talking about.

It was 4. 3 of them to the Pirates, who are most certainly not a bad team. This is the exact kind of overreaction I'm talking about.
    Yeah, 4, that's my bad.

Again, I don't think there's anything to be concerned over, but during that stretch, we weren't good at baseball.

I'd like to see Zo and schwarber switch batting order spots for a bit.

I think schwarber is doing fine and I don't mind him there but Zo needs a kick start

Pleasant surprise so far almora and heyward playing so freaking well. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I'd like to see Zo and schwarber switch batting order spots for a bit.

I think schwarber is doing fine and I don't mind him there but Zo needs a kick start

Pleasant surprise so far almora and heyward playing so freaking well. Wow
    How about Heyward to the top, Schwarber to 4th and Zobrist to 6th? Not saying they have to do anything, but that might not be too bad either. Or if Joe wants to not have Schwarber right after Rizzo he can put Russell 4th and Schwarber 5th. Or switch Bryant and Rizzo. I would like to see more of Almora, TBH.

Zobrist has been so, so bad. His declining contact rate suggests a possible loss in bat speed, or maybe he's just feeling the age and can't get it going right now. He's had some brutal ABs. He is not a good cleanup hitter at all, IMO.

He might get it going if he's dropped to 6 or 7 and relieved of some pressure.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast