Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Paul George "I gotta get the last shot"

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...land-cavaliers

"I talked to CJ about it," George said following the team's 109-108 loss. "In situations like that, I gotta get the last shot. I was asking for it. CJ took it upon himself."
    Cleveland's LeBron James, who was the second man on the double-team that forced George to give up the ball, said he thinks the Pacers star made the right basketball decision.
    "I can only speak for myself. When you're doubling me, I'm giving it up. That's me," James said. "I don't know how everybody else feels about that, but if you get a double, I think we all know math in here: There's two guys on the ball, and that means there's a 4-on-3. You have your numbers. So if you're the best player on the floor, that doesn't mean you have to take the shot. I think he made the right play, and you live with the results."

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

That's just George being butt hurt. People say stuff like that after a stinging loss and weak people gonna put the blame somewhere else.

They should of started attacking early to force Cleveland to show their hand defensively. Once LeBron came for the double their wasn't ample time to get the ball back. Cleveland played that well forcing the double late in the clock. Indiana gambled for a later shot.

There was an infographic on television showing how George is 0-15 in the last 20 seconds with the game on the line. I'm not sure he's gotta get the last shot.

He has gotta get the last shot but man being doubled without attacking makes it really hard not to give it up in that situation. George is becoming is becoming a ***** too.

https://twitter.com/thelistofko/stat...80229754556416

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] better stop calling people out until he gets the job done himself

Do you guys not think he knows hes 0-15? These players know these things, its about THEM. In spite of that, you need this mentality to be a top player.

You think Paul George cares if he's been 0 for 20? He needs to have it, he needs to have that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/thelistofko/stat...80229754556416

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] better stop calling people out until he gets the job done himself
    I was going to post something like this as well...

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Do you guys not think he knows hes 0-15? These players know these things, its about THEM. In spite of that, you need this mentality to be a top player.

You think Paul George cares if he's been 0 for 20? He needs to have it, he needs to have that mentality.

Nicely stated.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I hate this I want the best shot available. I remember when people tried to kill LeBron for making the right play.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

Or wait for it... You can actually let your balls drop and shoot the other 11 plus minutes of the quarter and not rely on the last shot.... my man went casper in the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    There was an infographic on television showing how George is 0-15 in the last 20 seconds with the game on the line. I'm not sure he's gotta get the last shot.
    Because he's dribbles out the clock and tries to beat his man in iso, even though he's a really poor ballhandler for being a top wing player.

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post

That's the problem. He's right and everyone else is wrong. He needs to understand that what he is doing is NOT WORKING.

Well, he just gave the Cavs the defensive map the rest of the series, as long as you double George, he'll be taking the last couple shots. The other team mates won't be shooting and will pass it back to him.

Sag on the other players, double George and the game is won.

Paul George is a goner if the Pacers lose this series. They gonna trade him before he bolts.
    CJ got a great shot, faked out Jefferson. Just fell short. Better than some volley by George.
    Whatever happened to running a solid play. Hmm, maybe they should've kept Coach Vogel.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

he gave the ball up and it was the right play. By the time he got free there was under 4 secs left and he was 5 feet behind the arc. Miles got off a good shot anyway, at least good enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast