Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I would have let the mets pay me to take Jay Bruce, Signed Tyson Ross and Jered Weaver and Trevor Plouffe Jerry Blevins and Chis Carter as a DH /1b and call up reese mcguire to be my backup catcher. it still would have been about the same money but less age and better upside, no Morales no Pearce No Bautista, no Howell, , I dont mind Smith. if edwon wouldve wanted to come back id consider it depending on cost. but I would never tie up DH like they did, Carter and Bruce could play the field to let DH be a rotated rest spot
    The Mets owners aren't paying anyone to take players off their hand

The Ross/Weaver comments are hilarious.. Weaver would have a 5+ ERA in this division and Ross hasn't pitched in 2 years and got a decent amount of money. Carter is a guy no one wanted for a reason.

Yes I would have liked to have Blevins but he got 6 from the Mets and I'm pretty sure he would have stayed there unless we offered him a multi year deal which im not sure is the smartest thing

Basically your idea was to add a bunch of hurt or mediocre players just because they're younger and that would have somehow made us a better team

and factually thats wrong, when AA left the Yankees were the oldest team in baseball with the depleted System. look at them now, While Cashman was making the hard Choices, the guys in toronto were adding every old retread they could find

if they didnt like what AA left them with, why didnt they do what cashman did? instead they doubled down on old players and started the false Narrative that the team is all AA's fault.....

AA left because he saw very clearly what was going on, he saw that they were setting him up to be the Scapegoat. and he decided he wanted no part of it.... Im just surprised so many smart fans fell for it

Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Brett Gardner LF
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Brian McCann C
    Chase Headley 3B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Stephen Drew 2B
    Didi Gregorius SS

That was their lineup when AA left Toronto, Old Slow and Decrepit, in 2 years the same 2 that Stupiro Napkins have been here the Yankees have rebuilt all the while being competitive. Stupiro Napkins on the other hand just added age everywhere they could....

they could have done exactly what Cashman did if they wanted, Stupiro Napkins chose not to
    yes because blowing up the team after making the playoffs for first time in ages would have gone down wonderfully with the fanbase

you have to be realistic. These guys are trying to do a balancing act with a pretty tough situation. Most of the moves they've made have been pretty solid. Who cares about age if the guys can play.

Its as if young stud players grow on trees so you can just go and pluck them off free agency or through trade. Give me one talented young guy we could have signed this offseason and didn't.

Ya didn't realize until now the net additions of AGE was actually on this shipwreck duo. Thanks for pointing this out and sorely denting things further

I thought the moves they made, the clubhouse/fanbase communication channels was lifeless, dull and outdated... Even with an approach of waiting for young gems in-house and rebound/breakout scrap finds, these jokers are not the best in the trade anyways.

And its falling flat in a hurry in a telling season after back to back ALCS runs (both ruined by blind umps, especially KC tie)

These jokers must go. In terms of creativity, AA is second to none. And right now, the state of this team is in some dire need of magic deals aka the V.Wells dump, Jose/EE extensions, Dosh swoops, Tulo/Reyes emergency swaps and what not

Why was AA so creative and trigger happy? He can mask/sugar coat his intentions and sweet talk other GMs into his plan. Will Napkins do that, ever? Also, the relentless scouting legion has brought high ceiling specs in waves as ammo to fuel his trades. Therefore, every 2 years a franchise changing trade comes along. Because he's AA and he can.
    Last edited by superfio; 04-18-2017 at 08:35 PM.

[QUOTE=bomber0104:31573215]

Its as if young stud players grow on trees so you can just go and pluck them off free agency or through trade. Give me one talented young guy we could have signed this offseason and didn't.
    Bomber,

Eric Thames man. I was heavy advocate of Thames for 2 off-seasons now.

Also, Biagini/Travis are emerging specs but these finds are rare.

Btw this Pearce v Thames comparison is getting ridiculous. Both on 6m deals, I guess Stupiro Napkins wanted 1 year deal only and not a 3 year offer for Thames.

[QUOTE=superfio;31573257]
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104:31573215

Bomber,

Eric Thames man. I was heavy advocate of Thames for 2 off-seasons now.

Also, Biagini/Travis are emerging specs but these finds are rare.

Btw this Pearce v Thames comparison is getting ridiculous. Both on 6m deals, I guess Stupiro Napkins wanted 1 year deal only and not a 3 year offer for Thames.
    its been 2 weeks into this whole Thames/Pearce debate.. give it a little time

I think most people would have taken Pearce with his ability to play LF over Thames who is only a 1B

Their worst mistake is locking Smoak. Once you already have Smoak at 4 millions, you're not gonna release him and sign Thames at 6 and risk having 10 million of dead weight

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    The Mets owners aren't paying anyone to take players off their hand

The Ross/Weaver comments are hilarious.. Weaver would have a 5+ ERA in this division and Ross hasn't pitched in 2 years and got a decent amount of money. Carter is a guy no one wanted for a reason.

Yes I would have liked to have Blevins but he got 6 from the Mets and I'm pretty sure he would have stayed there unless we offered him a multi year deal which im not sure is the smartest thing

Basically your idea was to add a bunch of hurt or mediocre players just because they're younger and that would have somehow made us a better team
    thats just it the Wilpons were offering to eat half of Bruce's salary of someone would just take him off their hands. it was when they wanted to sign Blevins and Salas. When they couldnt find a taker Alderson had to ask ownership to increase his budget.....fortunately for the fans Wilpon did

the rest of my plan was basically add undervalued cheap players who would play and hopefully build value for the deadline and and could be flipped for prospects. Weaver , Ross and Carter, combined got less than Jose
    did alone, about the same as Pearce did for 2 years and if they produce anything at all, you flip them to a contender for prospects at the deadline, its a no risk proposition because even if they do nothing you release them, you literally cant buy prospects, but you can sign guys who are undervalued and trade them if they pan out
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-18-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    All the credit goes to Shawn. I was banging his mom last night and she told me he has used that term for years. You go Shawn!
    You're a joke pal...who says things like that other than an immature punk?

and factually thats wrong, when AA left the Yankees were the oldest team in baseball with the depleted System. look at them now, While Cashman was making the hard Choices, the guys in toronto were adding every old retread they could find

if they didnt like what AA left them with, why didnt they do what cashman did? instead they doubled down on old players and started the false Narrative that the team is all AA's fault.....

AA left because he saw very clearly what was going on, he saw that they were setting him up to be the Scapegoat. and he decided he wanted no part of it.... Im just surprised so many smart fans fell for it

Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Brett Gardner LF
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Brian McCann C
    Chase Headley 3B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Stephen Drew 2B
    Didi Gregorius SS

That was their lineup when AA left Toronto, Old Slow and Decrepit, in 2 years the same 2 that Stupiro Napkins have been here the Yankees have rebuilt all the while being competitive. Stupiro Napkins on the other hand just added age everywhere they could....

they could have done exactly what Cashman did if they wanted, Stupiro Napkins chose not to
    You are being extremely unrealistic if you think they could have arrived when they did and proceeded to rebuild. They would have lost their jobs in this market before their seats were even warm

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Brett Gardner LF
    Carlos Beltran RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Brian McCann C
    Chase Headley 3B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Stephen Drew 2B
    Didi Gregorius SS

How many playoff rounds did that Yankee team win, my recollection is zero. You can't realistically compare a meh team in an extremely stable market with one that was riding a crest of enthusiasm and support the likes of which they'd never seen. Unless you just have to have something to complain about. Be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    You are being extremely unrealistic if you think they could have arrived when they did and proceeded to rebuild. They would have lost their jobs in this market before their seats were even warm

Not to mention Shapiro was declared public enemy #1 when AA left. Essentially declared the villain on his first day on the job (I was one of them). I mean Ted Rogers had to make a rare press conference to defend Shapiro and the franchise after the AA debacle. Shapiro would've been crucified (maybe literally) if he had tore it down after that 2015 run.

But, him and Ross have done basically the opposite of what they have said this team needs- Get younger and more athletic. Not that good young, athletic players grow on trees though, but I'm just pointing it out.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I agree actually Jamiec, its why I said :

"if they didnt like what AA left them with....." the word "if" being the constructive point

im saying that it was disingenuous from the start, They did what they did (adding a bunch of mid 30's players) knowing the whole time that if it didnt work, they could and have, blame AA for leaving the minor leagues barren. he was their built in excuse.

What im saying is that they had no direction, you come in as a new GM, you should have a better plan than do what we want and if it dont work blame their predecessor

All you hear from them is AA left us in a tough spot and that the roster is on the decline. but aside from AA's acquisitions virtually everyone they've added is as old, if not older than AA's guys

im saying if you really believe that AA left you in a tough spot, dont wait, sell off while guys still have value, dont wait 2 years and then play the blame game, they doubled down, they added vets left and right, and it didnt work, and thats fine. it happens. but own it. Say We did the best we could but it didnt work. dont play the blame game

its dishonest and it assumes the fanbase is not sophisticated enough to see the truth. Some aren't sadly, but by and large the fans of Toronto are Smart enough to separate what AA did and what Shapiro has done.

Remember JamieC what was said when they were hired, it was said over and over "accountability" im just holding them to their own standard......I'd have zero issue with them if they said :" Alex has nothing to do with the state of the team, We've done what we believe is in our best interests but so far it hasn't worked"

that to me is being Accountable

When I was a Fed and I screwed up, trust me there were times where it did Happen, I owned up, you dont keep people's Trust or Respect if you dont
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-18-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    You're a joke pal...who says things like that other than an immature punk?
    Who uses childish nicknames like Stupiro or Napkins?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    people who dont appreciate executives who try and play us fans as fools

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    If you're gonna try and slam me, try getting the facts straight...I use the term Shapkins...
    Amateur!

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

But, him and Ross have done basically the opposite of what they have said this team needs- Get younger and more athletic. Not that good young, athletic players grow on trees though, but I'm just pointing it out.
    thats the crux of the issue isnt it. its why i keep saying own what youve done, they do that then I may not agree with their choices, but I can still respect them. how can you respect anyone whose greatest skill is passing the buck....

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast