Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i was still holding onto a thread of hope until i found out that not even ChongInc himself could turn this ship around in his video game
    Haha.
    The point is that even if you draft a stud every year, it's not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    after the whole Colangelo thing I'm finding it much easier to accept that certain people defend their own actions on platforms like this - and just move on. it makes certain people's MO's so much easier to understand.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    So Mike is AA and Kenny is Shapiro? 😏

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    So Mike is AA and Kenny is Shapiro? [emoji57]
    no, Kenny is just tired. he has never been a booster of this new front office.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And we wouldn't have the success we had in 15&16 if we didn't go all in for them. I have no problem with those moves or the sunken cost in those players. This isn't a team you'd want to add FA to. It's not in the best interest of the franchise to win right now or to even be a .500 club. Paying anyone, even if they were producing, would be a waste of money right now. Bottom out and build it up.

I just worry about how Shapiro is going to build this thing. It's hard to build a big wave of talent to take you over the top through pure drafting and no aggressive sell off or upgrade/consolidation trades.

Tbh I don't even think I could do it in ootp without making any significant trades and just relying on drafting and international signings. You need to make bold moves. That's what we're up against in the yanks and bosox. Savvy trades, top international signings and great drafting + the budget for top FA. You need it all in this division.
    No you wouldn't have. But next 3 seasons we have to pay the mortgage for it. Going to be 3 years of playing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    No you wouldn't have. But next 3 seasons we have to pay the mortgage for it. Going to be 3 years of playing to lose
    If we weren't paying tulo then we'd be spending that 20mil on some middling garbage anyway. Tulo = Morales and Garcia salary wise. The big team barely matters at this point. Let them lose. Only halos build the real the we should be caring about.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I definitely see a lot of JP in Shapiro. It's frustrating.

If they really wanted to improve the team on the field right now, they would attempt a Reyes+spec for tulo style trade.
    The part I'm not happy with here are the excuses. In 2016 they credited their newly created high performance department for the lack of injuries (look it up). Now it seems the reason the Jays have been so bad are in fact the injuries. Well where is the high performance department now? I mean if they weren't bashing the prior regime tongue-in-cheek it would be more acceptable. They need to man up and say they screwed up. As you say these are the similarities with JP with the prior regime bashing and that these guys came over here to "show" us how to build a contender.

Conversely we have some nice specs coming up with Vladimir, cavan, bichette, and Jensen (I rank them that way lol). So I'm ready to see what happens in a couple of years. AA took 5 or 6 years as well.
    Last edited by FLeays; 06-16-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    The part I'm not happy with here are the excuses. In 2016 they credited their newly created high performance department for the lack of injuries (look it up). Now it seems the reason the Jays have been so bad are in fact the injuries. Well where is the high performance department now? I mean if they weren't bashing the prior regime tongue-in-cheek it would be more acceptable. They need to man up and say they screwed up. As you say these are the similarities with JP with the prior regime bashing and that these guys came over here to "show" us how to build a contender.

Conversely we have some nice specs coming up with Vladimir, cavan, bichette, and Jensen (I rank them that way lol). So I'm ready to see what happens in a couple of years. AA took 5 or 6 years as well.
    It's telling that 3 of those prospects were from the prior regeme who "cleared out the cupboards" and "mortgaged the future".

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314