Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Fire Stupiro Napkins

Enough is enough. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Enough is enough. Enough said.
    Love it Supe. Stupiro Napkins....absofreakin perfect...

You're the Cisco Ramon of DC's Flash.
    Of these boards
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-15-2017 at 12:01 AM.

I don't like Shapiro/Atkins but this is a bit extreme.

Dupe
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-15-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't like Shapiro/Atkins but this is a bit extreme.
    I hear you but after this week if you don't find something to laugh at, you go crazy

I would be so happy to see thatI hate those guys

I'm really surprised that you of all people started this thread. You took such a patient and measured approach with this group from the start. Something change??

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 04-15-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Not so much, I always said and still think this duo had their own hidden agenda. That was made apparent with the way (like him or not) AA left. The hiring of Eric Wedge to a nothing position was also a strange move.

I don't and never liked these 2 but I think it's too early to fire them unless their mandate is some sort of cost cutting /bottom third salary team.

I know all about the fact that they were the architects of the Indians but it was only after they left that the team really made the steps from good to WS contender.

Here they had the framework of a contender and we have taken steps backwards instead of going for it with money rather than prospect capital. If we end the month 10-12 under .500, it will be next to impossible to make the playoffs which would mean fire sale even before the deadline....and Wedge as Manager. Good times ahead

Shapiro inherited a winning Cleveland franchise and ruined it into ground zero. Fire sale and dumpster diving was the memo. Fan base totally alienated and only rebounded after he was elevated into Presidency, without any hands-on operation of current regime.

Took Cleveland 4 years to rebuild after Shaprio's fiasco and clearly same formula is now repeating itself without significant recruitment of legit stars incoming but replacement fillers/bounceback vets/breakout candidates to fill roster.

No secret its unfolding catastrophically and dirtily each passing game.

I'd give them a couple years to build the farm and get this to a young team with all those prospects knocking on the door/on the big team, then hand the keys back to AA to put us over the top.

Whatever at this point. The nickname given to them is terrible though.

I believe Shapkins is an industry standard though. I know I've heard it on more than one braodcast. They are attached at the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Shapiro inherited a winning Cleveland franchise and ruined it into ground zero. Fire sale and dumpster diving was the memo. Fan base totally alienated and only rebounded after he was elevated into Presidency, without any hands-on operation of current regime.

Took Cleveland 4 years to rebuild after Shaprio's fiasco and clearly same formula is now repeating itself without significant recruitment of legit stars incoming but replacement fillers/bounceback vets/breakout candidates to fill roster.

No secret its unfolding catastrophically and dirtily each passing game.
    Understood, but the Cleveland team was a different animal altogether. He was asked to cut payroll and did a pretty good job getting good young talent for proven players.

Here, it never seemed that he embraced this team and there were several good sources that reported he got into with AA about going all in 2015. He probably thought he was coming into a rebuild or retool and instead ended up in the ALCS - something he couldn't have anticipated when he took over as president. All his moves since seem to be to placate the fans without an real direction. He hasn't gone all in and he didn't start a rebuild/retool.

I didn't like the non action last year and even less this year. Pick a direction and justify it, don't just wither away because that devalues your good assets and doesn't get you anywhere in the meantime.

Exactly, either course is perfectly justifiable, but doing neither is not. It sends the message that you are weak and indecisive and players and agents pick up on that rather quickly

I felt their actions were to make cosmetic changes designed to give the appearance of going for it, without the actual commitment of going for it. Your determination that it was merely to placate the fans is Spot on.

We may not be players or agents, but not all of us are fools either. And that says nothing about how a guy like Donaldson or Tulo or even Martin feels. These guys have finite careers. After joining the Jays and busting a gut the past two seasons, how betrayed must they feel that ownership doesn't have the same level of commitment or loyalty to them that they brought to this franchise the past two years. AA set a standard and bringing in Stupiro Napkins, didn't exactly signal that ownership had the same commitment to them that AA did. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when those 3 talked this past off-season. I know they're professionals and too proud to tank in their effort. But they couldn't have been happy.

I admit I could be 100% wrong but I honestly don't think so. i seriously wonder if Stupiro Napkins had never been brought in if AA hadnt been undercut in such a fashion, if all the guys he brought in including EE and Dickey wouldnt still be here trying to complete the mission they were recruited by AA to do. they succeeded partially but they couldnt be happy seeing the guy who recruited them, who had their backs, and wanted to win so bad, being undercut as he was
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-16-2017 at 01:54 AM.

I really don't think these guys have some cloak and dagger/hidden agenda going on. I'm pretty sure they disclosed the fact that they are trying to stay relevant while building through the draft. If the losing continues through until the end of May, they will probably expedite the process by selling of the veterans. This team is good enough to win a wild card and it's not like Boston is blowing the doors off anyone yet. You get in, anything can happen. They've openly said that they want to get younger and more versatile (something that some around here figured would happen in one offseason) and I fully expect them to do that.

If in 3 years time the team is spinning it's tires then I will change my tune but I'm willing to give them time. They've said that they want to build a sustainable winner through the draft which has proven ad nauseum to be the best way to build a winner and they have seemed to have hired the right guys (Cherrington and Sanders) to do that. Add that to the high performance staff and I'm quite encouraged.

I tend to not look at things in a vacuum, unlike stuper but I like the potential this team has going forward. Im all for winning as often as possible but when 3/4 of your supposed offensive leaders (Tulo, Martin and Bautista) are hitting like they are then the team is not going to win, no matter who you surround them with.

Speaking of looking at things in a vacuum, Morales is outhitting EE at the moment, so there's that.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast