Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Record Breaking Day

Westy... doing something that nobody thought was possible ever again while being the first ever player to drop 3 50 point triple doubles in a season and the first ever player to hit a game winning 50 point triple double while breaking these records... Also the only player ever to record 2 7 game triple double streaks.

MVPMVPMVPMVP
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.

How do you argue against Westbrook being MVP? I don't know. Does anyone here have one?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    How do you argue against Westbrook being MVP? I don't know. Does anyone here have one?
    all I have heard is too many rebounds and high usage... but he legit has less help than any other playoff team so usage means nothing.... teams come in just focused on stopping him and he stills throws up 50/16/10 like its nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all I have heard is too many rebounds and high usage... but he legit has less help than any other playoff team so usage means nothing.... teams come in just focused on stopping him and he stills throws up 50/16/10 like its nothing.
    The argument is that he leads a sub 50 win 6 seed that was projected in the preseason to be a sub 50 win 6 seed. It would indeed be insanely rare for a player from a team this weak to win MAP. That said, he's probably going to win MVP and it's good with me.

Harden with a 35/10/15+ in a win himself tonight. Westbrook is far from without competition.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    MVP isn't about the best personal stats. Westy is impressive, yes. Amazing. Yes. But at the end of the day, I don't think for a second that there is a GM in the league who would take him over a LBJ, KD, or Curry in a situation where all things are being equal (age/length of contract/salary).

If somebody votes for Westy as MVP, I hope it's because he's the most valuable player, and not the guy who posted the best stat line.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

No one other than Oscar will ever average a triple double they said...

Team record matters for MVP in 99% of cases. This could be in that 1%, but I dunno.

There's no way they can't give the MVP to Westbrook.

It might be another 50+ years before someone else does it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    If somebody votes for Westy as MVP, I hope it's because he's the most valuable player, and not the guy who posted the best stat line.
    While I agree the issue seems to be that the line of thought for voting changes from year to year and voter to voter. I know in life it's almost always grey rather than black & white but they really need to make the requirements for voting a little more black & white.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    While I agree the issue seems to be that the line of thought for voting changes from year to year and voter to voter. I know in life it's almost always grey rather than black & white but they really need to make the requirements for voting a little more black & white.
    I agree.

To me Westbrook finishes 3rd. A great season, but a very flawed great season.

Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon:31557115
    There's no way they can't give the MVP to Westbrook.

It might be another 50+ years before someone else does it.
    If the team is set up the same way, it wouldn't surprise me if he averages a triple double or close to it next yr.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I was going to say the same thing. Why would you assume he won't repeat it next year. Barring a coaching change I would not bet against it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    If the team is set up the same way, it wouldn't surprise me if he averages a triple double or close to it next yr.
    I'll bet you he doesn't.

Climbing that mountain once was hard enough and has only been done TWICE in the entire history of the league. This was no easy feat and you guys make it sound as though anybody could have done it; yet they didn't.

People are crabs and love to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    MVP isn't about the best personal stats. Westy is impressive, yes. Amazing. Yes. But at the end of the day, I don't think for a second that there is a GM in the league who would take him over a LBJ, KD, or Curry in a situation where all things are being equal (age/length of contract/salary).

MVP is for the player who had the most valuable season, not which player is the best. A better player can have an inferior season to another and not deserve MVP despite being a better player (be it injuries, coasting, etc.).

I'd lean Harden. His defense is still bad and his stats are likely inflated by D'Antoni's offense, but he is leading the Rockets to a seed nobody saw coming.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast