Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question If the NBA were to change the logo...

With Jerry West's recent comments, about how he would like the NBA to change the logo, what would be some possibilities?

Bill Russell
    or
    Wilt Chamberlain, either one should have been the original logo

new age logo probably Jordan or Iverson(the league is more his style in todays era,2nd biggest culture impact after Jordan)

Lol iverson? Really? If we going by new age logo its lebron.... If we are going by what it should be its Wilt or Russell or Kareem... If we are going by the smart ****ing choice for image and cool vibe its Jordan... Id go Jordan if I am the Commish.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lol iverson? Really? If we going by new age logo its lebron.... If we are going by what it should be its Wilt or Russell or Kareem... If we are going by the smart ****ing choice for image and cool vibe its Jordan... Id go Jordan if I am the Commish.
    Really? do you see how the league plays? Hell even Lebron rocked the headband(until recently)/arm sleeve/tattoos/do it my way mentality and that's all Iverson, that was/is all Iverson, he had Iverson poster on his wall growing up along with Jordans, majority of todays players are bigger fans of Iverson than a Jordan, Iverson bridged the gap from Jordan to Lebron, Lebron(best player of his era/possible top 5 ever) said he was pound for pound the greatest player ever, so yeah really, CP3(best PG of his era) said Iverson influenced him way more than Jordan did and its not even close, and Wade(top 3-5 combo guard ever) said he wears number 3 because of Iverson, so yeah again, really

even the silent low key killer over in Spurs land wears cornrows/tattoos, Leonard, and we all know who did that first, Iverson

I cant be too damn crazy since you mentioned the others I threw out there besides Kareem

I meant new age as compared to Wilt/Russell era, 90's and up is pretty much that

Lebron didn't influence the game/players like a Jordan/Iverson, and it cant be about winning because West only won 1 title out of like 9 or 10 trips but if its based on how many trips you make it to the Finals then Lebron has a outside shot

also throw in the ABA/NBA merger golden guy Dr. J with a outside shot, mvp of both leagues once upon a time,very influential/dominant player/class act, ask Jordan
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 04-08-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Timmy

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Jordan but it wouldn't surprise me if people already thought it was him. I could tell you so many people don't even know it's Jerry West. I don't think it matters.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I think they just need a basketball or something simple. No more focusing on one player, especially with the new influx of great players.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

He may be deserving but please not Jordan, dont we see enough of his silhouette as it is?

Besides if they use Jordan they cant use the spread eagle image or that may be a lawsuit from Nike. And they cant use another image that would be too obviously Jordan or the NBA would have to pay him royalties.

Jerry West doesnt get royalties because they still deny the logo is him.

Jordan's jumping fist pump after beating the Cavs or Antoine Walker's shimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I don't see how Jordan's jumpman logo could be the NBA logo, since the jumpman logo has it's own brand already.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Jordan's jumping fist pump after beating the Cavs or Antoine Walker's shimmy.
    That would work. https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Why even make it a player? I'd go with something more ageless.

How about someone sleeping in a bed because they're tired and "resting"

Make it a generic dunker going against a shot blocker.

EDIT: http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploa...o-anthony.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlee23 View Post
    How about someone sleeping in a bed because they're tired and "resting"
    I guess that would mean Lebron would win it in a landslide since this is his era and he owns it for the most part, along with the Spurs/Duncan and now a recent hot streak from the Warriors, a Lebron/Duncan mixed logo would be cool going forward especially if they don't want to give it to the actual real logo bearers of the game in Russell/Wilt
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 04-08-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast