Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who doesn’t get that last playoff spot?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hawks

0 0%
  • Bulls

3 25.00%
  • Heat

8 66.67%
  • Pacers

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Final Playoff Spot… Race In The East

Done Deal

(5) Hawks (Record 43 & 39)

(6) Bucks (Record 42 & 40)

(7) Pacers (Record 42 & 40)

(8) Bulls (Record 41 & 41)

(9) HEAT (Record 41 & 41)
    Last edited by Dade County; 04-12-2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Just off the bat, Hawks and Heat have the worst upcoming schedules. IMO, I think Bulls/Pacers/Heat make it but man, Heat better pray Cavs sit out their starters against the Hawks... Even then, I can see Hawks beating Hornets and Pacers. I can't see the Heat winning more than one game in their remaining schedule. I'm guessing Heat miss out on the playoffs. This is going down to the wire and it is absolutely stunning how many options there are. Cavs can determine who doesn't play in the playoffs. Literally.

Bulls will be the 6th seed now that the GOAT is returning Saturday with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Bulls will be the 6th seed now that the GOAT is returning Saturday with a vengeance.
    I'm being honest but they should sit Wade. They are 7-4 without Wade and have a great thing going with Butler. No need to bring in a recovering Wade to ruin it for them RIGHT NOW. It'll hurt their playoff chances if he's taking the ball away from Butler. No doubt Wade shows up in the playoffs and they'll need him for that but with the Bulls having a relatively easy remaining schedule, they shouldn't risk it. It's not just Butler, too. Rondo has been on a tear the past six games.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I'm being honest but they should sit Wade. They are 7-4 without Wade and have a great thing going with Butler. No need to bring in a recovering Wade to ruin it for them RIGHT NOW. It'll hurt their playoff chances if he's taking the ball away from Butler. No doubt Wade shows up in the playoffs and they'll need him for that but with the Bulls having a relatively easy remaining schedule, they shouldn't risk it. It's not just Butler, too. Rondo has been on a tear the past six games.
    Butlers best stretch of the season came with Wade playing though and while Rondo may be playing well, he's still a net negative on the court through this stretch. They need Wade to come back and work the rust off before the playoffs so hopefully we can get playoff Wade. As you said, easy schedule so they need to get **** done. Also Jimmys usage with or without Wade are the same. He's been battling a heel injury and ligament damage to his non shooting hand but it looks like the heel has gotten better.

They dropped and embarrassing game to the Knicks last game (how do you sweep the Cavs and get swept by the Knicks) and guys have been saying they want Wade back and how they play better and feel more comfortable with him.

Very small sample size but the last and only full game they played together since Niko started getting majority of the PF minutes:

Rondo: 20-6-6 53%

Wade: 23-5 53%

Butler: 23-6-11-2-2 53%

Niko: 24-11 50%

Also keep in mind this was Rondos first game returning as a starter and Nikos first game after Fred benched him. (Jimmy and Wade made it clear they wanted Rondo and Niko playing before this game)

HEAT schedule too tough, Raps & Wiz are fighting for the 3rd & forth seed. If Boston takes another L, I can see Cav's resting the last two games of the season.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

doesn't matter. It's not fair to Butler or Rondo since they're both playing very well and can close out this season 4-0, ensuring a playoff spot. Even losing 1 game can bump them out of the playoffs at this point. Adding a player who's been out of the rotation for weeks is never easy -- especially when the Bulls are such a volatile team. If I'm the coach, I'd sit Wade out, try to secure the 7th seed (to avoid the Cavs) or get the 8th seed if the Cavs aren't 1st.. Wade would be able to play a game but he's a damn veteran.. he'll be able to adjust the rust off easily.

Heat loses the tiebreaker too against Hawks, right? Heat better hope Hawks lose at least 4 of those games, IMO.

Heat loses the tiebreaker too against Hawks, right? Heat better hope Hawks lose at least 4 of those games, IMO.
    2-2 against them... I say Atl finishes 2-3 in their last 5 games. HEAT need to at least finish 2-2 & hope the Pacers finish up 2-2 as well.

It's not looking good for Miami LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    2-2 against them... I say Atl finishes 2-3 in their last 5 games. HEAT need to at least finish 2-2 & hope the Pacers finish up 2-2 as well.

It's not looking good for Miami LoL
    regardless of playoffs or not, it was actually a very good season for the HEat. nothing to be ashamed of. Closed the season out as a top five team (i think).. gotta see what happens with Bosh so you guys can try and snag a big name.

Mod

Thank You
    Last edited by Dade County; 04-06-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Yeah nothing but respect for the Heat. Spo should get some coach of the the yr love. Don't know if he will win but he did a great job.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

doesn't matter. It's not fair to Butler or Rondo since they're both playing very well and can close out this season 4-0, ensuring a playoff spot. Even losing 1 game can bump them out of the playoffs at this point. Adding a player who's been out of the rotation for weeks is never easy -- especially when the Bulls are such a volatile team. If I'm the coach, I'd sit Wade out, try to secure the 7th seed (to avoid the Cavs) or get the 8th seed if the Cavs aren't 1st.. Wade would be able to play a game but he's a damn veteran.. he'll be able to adjust the rust off easily.
    Not fair to Jimmy and Rondo when they're wanting him to come back? They just got smacked by the terrible Knicks with no Rose Porzingis and Noah. This team constantly loses to the bottom feeders of the league and that's all their remaining schedule is. That's been the story of the season, get swept by the Knicks and wolves, lose games to the Suns Sixers etc. while also having the 2nd best record in the league playing against the top 5 teams in the league. Rondo Butler and everyone else can play the exact same way with Wade as they have the exact same usage either way, when he returns he's taking Zipsers spot and he's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Not fair to Jimmy and Rondo when they're wanting him to come back? They just got smacked by the terrible Knicks with no Rose Porzingis and Noah. This team constantly loses to the bottom feeders of the league and that's all their remaining schedule is. That's been the story of the season, get swept by the Knicks and wolves, lose games to the Suns Sixers etc. while also having the 2nd best record in the league playing against the top 5 teams in the league. Rondo Butler and everyone else can play the exact same way with Wade as they have the exact same usage either way, when he returns he's taking Zipsers spot and he's garbage.
    dude, what part of they are winning without Wade is difficult to understand?

Atl looks like they are going to win too tonight. Pacers & Bulls took care of business.

So of course the Raps are going to be even more motivated against Miami when they play.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast