Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 626
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    37,584
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    Marwin's deal is decent but I have to agree with Spliff on the OPS..I like the cheap deal we got from Solarte...I feel like both players are gonna have similar output and Bochy is drooling to use Solarte due to his INF versatility
    Considering the deal of both players' overall production and contracts received, I think we got a great deal.

    Gonzalez (795 games, 2706 PA): .264/.318/.419, .319 wOBA/103 wRC+, 7.8 WAR, 2yrs/$21M

    Solarte (642 games, 2567 PA): .259/.317/.410, .316 wOBA/99 wRC+, 5.6 WAR, minor league deal worth up to $2M

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    16

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    37,584
    Idk how reputable that guy is. He's a football guy for Bleacher Report. He very well may be right and have some inside scoop, but I'd wait until a national reporter or beat writer confirms that. That being said, I expect him to end up with the Phillies anyway.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Idk how reputable that guy is. He's a football guy for Bleacher Report. He very well may be right and have some inside scoop, but I'd wait until a national reporter or beat writer confirms that. That being said, I expect him to end up with the Phillies anyway.
    That wouldn't surprise me either.

    mlb.com said today that the Bodgers were still in the mix...

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    now Hawaii, I miss the City
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Considering the deal of both players' overall production and contracts received, I think we got a great deal.

    Gonzalez (795 games, 2706 PA): .264/.318/.419, .319 wOBA/103 wRC+, 7.8 WAR, 2yrs/$21M

    Solarte (642 games, 2567 PA): .259/.317/.410, .316 wOBA/99 wRC+, 5.6 WAR, minor league deal worth up to $2M
    Looks like we got the best between the two!

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,943

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,161
    He is better than Harper, but I expect Borass will command a higher per year deal for Bryce.

    ^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    81,613
    Damn, there goes that dream.

    Hopefully our Arenado pans out.


    “My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,943
    Whole bunch of rule changes this year:
    Last edited by otatop; 03-14-2019 at 01:07 PM.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    40,170
    I really don't like that pitchers must pitch to three batters rule at all.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    now Hawaii, I miss the City
    Posts
    1,720
    It's such a dumb rule

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,297
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I really don't like that pitchers must pitch to three batters rule at all.
    I don't like the 28 player limit in September either. The only teams that actually use it are the teams that are out of the playoffs so why limit the bad teams from using more players that might give fans more of a reason to watch?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,943
    My only guess about the reduction from 40 to 28 is teams want to limit playoff contenders from being able to bring up fresh minor leaguers that can be used for situations like Darren Ford being brought up in 2010 by the Giants just to pinch run late in games.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,297
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    My only guess about the reduction from 40 to 28 is teams want to limit playoff contenders from being able to bring up fresh minor leaguers that can be used for situations like Darren Ford being brought up in 2010 by the Giants just to pinch run late in games.
    Still seems stupid. I just don't see the harm in it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    81,613
    Glad we'll get 5 seconds of our life back between innings.


    “My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •