Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pacers sign Lance Stephenson to a three-year deal

Bet he wishes he took that 5 yr 44 million dollar deal they offered him a while back
    The Indiana Pacers have agreed to sign Lance Stephenson to a three-year deal worth $12 million with a team option in Year 3.

The Pacers will have a roster spot with the release of Rodney Stuckey.

Stephenson left the Pacers to sign with the Charlotte Hornets in the 2014 offseason. Stephenson has since played for the Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Pelicans and Minnesota Timberwolves.

My gawd. Your faster than my Pacers roommate was at this. Thx for the heads up

Dumbfounded. He hasn't really done anything since he left, and we're not running the same system where he thrived. Unless he suddenly develops a 3pt shot, I don't understand.

I wonder if those are option years for the last two years. I can't understand signing him for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I wonder if those are option years for the last two years. I can't understand signing him for 3 years.
    3rd year is a team option.

it just makes zero sense then.

What I don't understand is, who were they bidding against? Put him on a 2yr vet min deal, and if he breaks out again pay him what he's worth. If he doesn't, cut him loose. $4M/year for a guy who played himself out of the league doesn't seem like a shrewd business move.

This has to be a move to try and appease Paul George, right? I can't make any sense of it otherwise.

Should've never left. Now Paul George is probably going to leave, as he is pissed every time they lose. Plus he's trying to build his own PG13 brand, and losing on the Pacers ain't quite cutting it. Maybe mgmt is throwing Lance a bone to help keep PG, but I don't think it's going to work.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Dumbfounded. He hasn't really done anything since he left, and we're not running the same system where he thrived. Unless he suddenly develops a 3pt shot, I don't understand.
    He had a three-point shot his last year in Indiana, and an even better one he hardly used last season, but he has been very inconsistent. I hope he rekindles the magic with the Pacers passing, shooting, defense and Lance-dancing.

He was good woth the Grizzlies last year, he can easily reach the same heights again

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    this is literally piss in the bucket money... if its to make PG happy then fine... if its to see if he has anything left then fine... If its to let him coach other players then fine... NO risk with some type of reward signing... its a 3 year 12 mill deal..... Mosgod got like 75 mill.

Pacer's gotta bring back Roy Hibbert too so they can compete with the Cavs in the Eastern Conf. lol

The good thing is the first of his two guaranteed years is almost over.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is literally piss in the bucket money... if its to make PG happy then fine... if its to see if he has anything left then fine... If its to let him coach other players then fine... NO risk with some type of reward signing... its a 3 year 12 mill deal..... Mosgod got like 75 mill.
    Coach other players? He's a cautionary tale about appreciating what you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast