Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Noah 20 games suspension for Doping, end of the line for him?

He had already fallen from a cliff......now injury+suspension.

Is he done?

also, you got to love the irony.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2011/...-doping/32982/
    ]

Yannick Noah?
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Oh, I see.

Joakim's one of the few guys I really dislike in the NBA. He has sucked badly for like 3 years now. Hope he's enjoying this downward spiral of a career.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

If that contract could possibly look any worse it has now. His stock at a all time low. Still shocked the Knicks offered him that deal. When he's shown he has lost a step last couple seasons with injuries. So 20 game suspension. So that would carry over till next season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    If that contract could possibly look any worse it has now. His stock at a all time low. Still shocked the Knicks offered him that deal. When he's shown he has lost a step last couple seasons with injuries. So 20 game suspension. So that would carry over till next season as well.
    worse? this is great news for the Knicks... they save $4 million

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    He took some over-the-counter stuff that wasn't even on the list in the last CBA and was recently added. Doesn't seem like he's 'doping'. Just made a mistake. He's paying for it.

Not a big deal in my mind.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Bad, bad contract by the Knicks. At least the Lakers organization is getting its act together. Knicks need to follow suit. Like the Lakers should do with Luol Deng or maybe even Timofey Mosgov, they should buyout Noah and let Rose walk.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    He took some over-the-counter stuff that wasn't even on the list in the last CBA and was recently added. Doesn't seem like he's 'doping'. Just made a mistake. He's paying for it.

Not a big deal in my mind.
    I think he is a good guy, it just a bad contract for the knicks. They did what they always do this year, they felt they HAD TO try and make a jump and brought in guys that need to be foundation pieces but aren't. Lopez was a nice piece. He was a good player, that would always be movable, he could be easily be sat behind/ask to split mins a guy like Gomez or moved. The knicks did a good job not over investing while upgrading the roaster year one, they ****ed up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    worse? this is great news for the Knicks... they save $4 million
    Joakim Noah $17,000,000 $17,765,000 $18,530,000 $19,295,000

Still a putrid contract. Knicks acted like this is Noah from 2010. He's been on a rapid decline last 2 or 3 seasons. All his injuries he's lucky to stay on the court for 20 minutes a game.

It's hard to give a definitive grade or opinion on a contract when it's first signed because, sometimes, seemingly great contracts turn out to be atrocious and seemingly awful contracts turn out to be bargains. But this is not one of those cases. Pretty much right off the bat everybody said "Why in the hell would they make this move?" Literally nothing that has happened since then has change that opinion, and (if anything) things have only gotten progressively worse.

But as bad as this deal is, it's really just one of many reasons why the Knicks are a horribly run organization right now. Dolan needs to completely clean house both with the front office and roster (with the exception of Porzingis).

After WOJ reported on twitter of Noah, Deng, Mozgov contracts. First thing I said them are the new worst deals. Even Turner and Crabbe are pretty bad deals. So glad the Bucks found a sucker as in Michael Jordan to eat Plumlee's contract.

Joakim Noah $17,000,000 $17,765,000 $18,530,000 $19,295,000

Still a putrid contract. Knicks acted like this is Noah from 2010. He's been on a rapid decline last 2 or 3 seasons. All his injuries he's lucky to stay on the court for 20 minutes a game.
    From an objective standpoint, if Noah could put the ball in the ****ing basket he wouldn't look as bad. I'm not sure how his offensive game has completely disappeared. Yes, he was never gifted offensively, but he could give you 10 or so points. Now, he doesn't even look to score even if he's wide open under the hoop. But when he was on the court, he was still pulling down boards at a pretty good clip. As for his D -- I would blame the Knicks coaching scheme more than his personal abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    From an objective standpoint, if Noah could put the ball in the ****ing basket he wouldn't look as bad. I'm not sure how his offensive game has completely disappeared. Yes, he was never gifted offensively, but he could give you 10 or so points. Now, he doesn't even look to score even if he's wide open under the hoop. But when he was on the court, he was still pulling down boards at a pretty good clip. As for his D -- I would blame the Knicks coaching scheme more than his personal abilities.
    But what I don't understand is why he warranted that much. Look at Nene, Zaza and David Lee. All three guys are solid veteran big men, and they made like one-tenth the amount of money that Noah did. And if nothing else, they were certainly better bets to stay healthy going into this season. So why drastically overpay for Noah? If he asks for that money, you laugh and say "Good luck getting that anywhere else." And when he comes back to you at a number that's actually realistic, then you have a serious conversation.

But I just can't imagine that there were a lot of teams trying to outbid the Knicks for Noah. And even if they were, a smart GM would have walked away from the bidding table the second that number was tossed around.

After WOJ reported on twitter of Noah, Deng, Mozgov contracts. First thing I said them are the new worst deals. Even Turner and Crabbe are pretty bad deals. So glad the Bucks found a sucker as in Michael Jordan to eat Plumlee's contract.
    I really think Solomon Hill's contract deserves some consideration here.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    But what I don't understand is why he warranted that much. Look at Nene, Zaza and David Lee. All three guys are solid veteran big men, and they made like one-tenth the amount of money that Noah did. And if nothing else, they were certainly better bets to stay healthy going into this season. So why drastically overpay for Noah? If he asks for that money, you laugh and say "Good luck getting that anywhere else." And when he comes back to you at a number that's actually realistic, then you have a serious conversation.

But I just can't imagine that there were a lot of teams trying to outbid the Knicks for Noah. And even if they were, a smart GM would have walked away from the bidding table the second that number was tossed around.
    Phil simply is not the basketball mind that he was praised to be, but in theory a guy with Noah's skills would be a great fit inside of the triangle. So that is why Phil outbid himself to get him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast