Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 851
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    2,688
    Oh and btw **** the Dolphins

    Next time a Ndamakong Suh comes along in Free Agency we can compete for his service on a level with no state taxes right.....

    Wondered why you voted no.....arseholes

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,532
    Really bummed that the Raiders are leaving Oakland. I don't blame Mark for wanting a new stadium and I don't blame Oakland for being very gun shy about putting any money towards the stadium when they were still on the hook for Mt. Davis. I think in the press conference today, Goodell and Rooney both indicated that the A's may have been the complicating factor. I really hate the city of Vegas, so I am not sure that I will continue to be a season ticket holder when they move, but the Raiders deserve a new stadium and Oakland could not get it done. I find it ironic that the one team that truly wanted to stay in Oakland was left with no choice but to move.

  3. 03-27-2017, 06:45 PM
    Reason
    not needed

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,649
    So nobody in here stops being a Raider fan? Espn is finding all sorts of guys saying they are done. A previous post stated there are no losers that Oakland tax payers should be happy. What about Vegas tax payers? They might provide the worst education in the USA.

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    Really bummed that the Raiders are leaving Oakland. I don't blame Mark for wanting a new stadium and I don't blame Oakland for being very gun shy about putting any money towards the stadium when they were still on the hook for Mt. Davis. I think in the press conference today, Goodell and Rooney both indicated that the A's may have been the complicating factor. I really hate the city of Vegas, so I am not sure that I will continue to be a season ticket holder when they move, but the Raiders deserve a new stadium and Oakland could not get it done. I find it ironic that the one team that truly wanted to stay in Oakland was left with no choice but to move.
    Agree with all except for the last sentence, I'm not sure that Mark and Co. necessarily have an allegiance to Oakland. It makes the most business sense for an organization not flush with cash to take the least expensive way out. If- they could have gotten the deal done, If- The Raiders could have secured financing, If- the City of Oakland was more secure financially and on and on.

    Personally, I don't think that finaciers would have been as willing to stick their necks out if the team remains in Oakland. B of A, really? The Raiders had no choice but to move and I don't think allegiance of any city not willing to get behind and help with a new stadium would have mattered a bit....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Novato,CA
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    LMFAO!!! do you really think it was the Oakland residents that filled all those seats? That was L.
    So Cal, Bakersfield, Fresno and so on. Why do you think football weekends every hotel with in 20 miles of the stadium was sold out. The I-5 and 99 freeways were jam packed with real fans commuting. Oakland didn't deserve the Raiders after 20 years of not keeping their end of the bargain. You are correct none of us were in meetings that's true. However, none of us were watching games in a new stadium that Oakland promised Al either. I followed this team from Oakland to L.A back to Oakland and now I am ecstatic about watching them in Vegas. I have been following this team from far outside of Oakland before you were born and won't stop now. Mark didn't move this team, your city gave up on him.
    You just don't understand. Your are one strong dude I'll give you that. Idk where your from but I'm assuming not Oakland. It's easy for someone to speak when it doesn't affect them. As far as filling the stadium all NFL teams have fans from nearby areas to help them. The averge person does not have the luxury to travel every other weekend to see a game so when you say LA fans and fans from other areas are a big part of why the stadium is filled is false. They are decent portion but most raider fans at games every week come from the Bay Area and Sacramento.Again we don't know what went on in those meetings but at the end of the day when it's all said and done raiders had a chance to attempt to work with the raiders they chose not too for the money. Fans don't matter me and you don't matter to the NFL / mark Davis and that's what bothers me.

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,016
    I'm sure that Lynch's comments were intended to be tongue in cheek, but eff him and the 'Niners.

    Hey, it hurts a little to lose the tradition that you have by being in your founding city for so long. I never liked the move to LA. In my personal collection of signed items, I have no pieces on display past the '80 season. I refused to recognize the LA years and in my own stupid way the '80 SB became my cut off point.

    I may not have an easy time picking a cut off point if I take that route again, I don't think however that I will stop being a fan. Would it be selfish of me to hope for one more championship before I am forced to say "Las Vegas Raiders"?....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Question, would you root for a team that moved to Oakland?
    He's not a Raider fan... He is a Oakland Bay area fan... Good to see him go, Some bleed Silver and Black others bleed the ghetto of a city that is going down hill... Oakland will never get a team.. Not with 3 teams in Cali, the 49ers in close prox... It will never get a NFL team... The mayor the people in that town... Thought to much of themselves... its a gimmie gimmie state... but dont ask me to do a damn thing for that dime...

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    16,358
    Remember guys to keep it civil.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Novato,CA
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post



    Bro, I'm an LA boy, love the Dodgers, Lakers, Galaxy but there's no way in HELL im rooting for the Lambs or Spark plugs.

    Raider Nation for Life!
    It's easy to say for you beacause they are closer to LA now and you can easily drive to a game. Just like other raiders fans who are not from Oakland you don't understand. This is not about the raiders it's about a dumb owner and a greedy league. They don't care about your or me they care about money. I don't understand how you can support that but whatever floats your boat. Am I saying I will not support the raiders ? Nah as much I want to say **** them I'll find myself rooting for them. I just want a team I can feel a connection and passion with. It's hard when your team is another state. It's like me asking you to root for the galaxy or dodgers if they move to Colorado. I'm sure you will support them but it wouldn't be the same.

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Novato,CA
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    He's not a Raider fan... He is a Oakland Bay area fan... Good to see him go, Some bleed Silver and Black others bleed the ghetto of a city that is going down hill... Oakland will never get a team.. Not with 3 teams in Cali, the 49ers in close prox... It will never get a NFL team... The mayor the people in that town... Thought to much of themselves... its a gimmie gimmie state... but dont ask me to do a damn thing for that dime...
    Dude your just ignorant. Ghetto city really? raider nation I know if all family and love not people who hate on eachother or people who bash fans because of their city. you talk like you know but don't having anything to back up what's you say. I bet you have never even been to Oakland but that's ok. I gues to your standards I'm
    Not a raider fan and good for you. I know the money, time and effort I put to support this team and you opinion does not affect how I feel. You support mark Davis like he cares about you and you talk like you but like reality check it's about money. Richer get richer. Nfl and mark Davis and greedy.

  12. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,016
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    You just don't understand. Your are one strong dude I'll give you that. Idk where your from but I'm assuming not Oakland. It's easy for someone to speak when it doesn't affect them. As far as filling the stadium all NFL teams have fans from nearby areas to help them. The averge person does not have the luxury to travel every other weekend to see a game so when you say LA fans and fans from other areas are a big part of why the stadium is filled is false. They are decent portion but most raider fans at games every week come from the Bay Area and Sacramento.Again we don't know what went on in those meetings but at the end of the day when it's all said and done raiders had a chance to attempt to work with the raiders they chose not too for the money. Fans don't matter me and you don't matter to the NFL / mark Davis and that's what bothers me.
    Respect yourself man, there is no loyalty perceived or otherwise to be had from the Raiders to us. I however will not relinquish my admiration and dedication to the Raiders. When I look myself in the mirror, my (and your) integrity is the most important thing.

    Don't ever lose that my friend....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  13. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    So nobody in here stops being a Raider fan? Espn is finding all sorts of guys saying they are done. A previous post stated there are no losers that Oakland tax payers should be happy. What about Vegas tax payers? They might provide the worst education in the USA.
    I'm from Sacramento and still have season tickets. When they moved the first time, I was living in Fremont (20 minutes away) and also had season tickets. I am disappointed, but understand the need for a new stadium. I will always be a Raider fan, but I also understand those that feel differently. To be honest, I was more angry and frustrated during the 2003-2010 years when Al appeared to have really lost his mojo, we had no GM, changed coaches like shirts and pissed away $ on guys like Sapp who took money, talked a big game and never did jack. This is a business decision and this team can't be expected to stay in the cesspool which is the Coliseum.

  14. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Novato,CA
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lol how could you be a bigger fan than all of us if you're already saying **** em and would root for the next team to come to a Oakland (if it ever happens)
    ******* Mark Davis and the league is what I'm saying. It's hard to have a connection to a team what is miles away but I have no choice. People talk about oh I'm a raider fan because thier mystique. Wtf? Bunch of crap. Fans love their team because it represent where they are from. It's like me supporting the patriots or dolphins and having no connection to those places. Any fan who says that is a nuts. Raiders being in the Bay Area is big part of why I support them. It's all over now I have no choice but to support them in Vegas. Just don't question my support for this team. Look me up on Facebook check out all my pics let me know if you think I'm a fake fan. Been their through the tough times and good times. Never question my loyalty!

  15. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,262
    One other point regarding Oakland. I have read a number (here and other boards) of people trashing the city and wonder if they really know much about the city and the area. With the gentrification of San Francisco, a large number of professionals have moved across the bay to Oakland. Oakland is fast gaining a reputation for good food and a growing population of professionals and artists. There are areas of Oakland that need to experience renewal, but there are many more areas that are vibrant and welcoming. I make this point because when the Raiders first came to Oakland, it was a blue collar city, which really connected with the team and the organization's attitude. That is no longer the case, and part of the reason that Oakland and Alameda County no longer see professional football as the imperative it was when I was growing up.

  16. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    One other point regarding Oakland. I have read a number (here and other boards) of people trashing the city and wonder if they really know much about the city and the area. With the gentrification of San Francisco, a large number of professionals have moved across the bay to Oakland. Oakland is fast gaining a reputation for good food and a growing population of professionals and artists. There are areas of Oakland that need to experience renewal, but there are many more areas that are vibrant and welcoming. I make this point because when the Raiders first came to Oakland, it was a blue collar city, which really connected with the team and the organization's attitude. That is no longer the case, and part of the reason that Oakland and Alameda County no longer see professional football as the imperative it was when I was growing up.
    The weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal gave "five charms" of Oakland because "creative types get priced out of San Francisco" and are "establishing themselves in Oakland."

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •