Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flat Earth

The real argument should be if Pluto is still a planet or not. When the astronomers demoted Pluto to a planetoid, they gave some fancy explanations to make themselves sound smart. But the real reason is that they found a bunch of objects floating around that were at least as big as Pluto, and they couldn't call them all planets because there's so many of them. I guess they didn't want to admit that it took this long to discover them, so they didn't give the real reason for demoting Pluto.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The real argument should be if Pluto is still a planet or not. When the astronomers demoted Pluto to a planetoid, they gave some fancy explanations to make themselves sound smart. But the real reason is that they found a bunch of objects floating around that were at least as big as Pluto, and they couldn't call them all planets because there's so many of them. I guess they didn't want to admit that it took this long to discover them, so they didn't give the real reason for demoting Pluto.

Even more problematic for the flat earth ***** is the fact that you cant explain the northern and southern hemisphere Coriolis effect in a flat disc world... ****ing *****

Flat Earth theory is just a theory and Earth is not flat and it has been proved many times like
    Watch a ship sail off to sea
    Watch a lunar eclipse
    Travel through, or even within, different time zones
    Watch a sunset
    see "International Space Station photos"

HELLO
    The flat Earth model is an archaic conception of Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat Earth cosmography, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze ... cartoonhd
    Last edited by boyjaat209; 05-10-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boyjaat209 View Post
    HELLO
    The flat Earth model is an archaic conception of Earth's shape as a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures subscribed to a flat Earth cosmography, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze ...

One thing or certain is the earth will absolutely be flattened when the sun runs out of hydrogen in 6 billion years and grows larger than the earth's orbit. So long earth, it was a good run...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice1234 View Post
    Flat Earth theory is just a theory and Earth is not flat and it has been proved many times like
    Watch a ship sail off to sea
    Watch a lunar eclipse
    Travel through, or even within, different time zones
    Watch a sunset
    see "International Space Station photos"
    So you want to be careful when you use that word "theory."

When it comes to science, a theory isn't "just a theory." The word differs greatly from how it's used colloquially, for example, "I have a theory as to why Bill and Jim broke up. My theory is based on the fact that I saw Bill stand very close to the urinal when he went to the Men's room yesterday. So I bet she broke up him because he has a small penis."

Science uses the word theory much differently. In science, a theory is a well-developed explanation based on evidence and experiments. But the thing with the Planet is we don't need a theory to explain its. It's right here in front of us in cold, hard, facts. Here are the dimensions of the Planet Earth:

Equatorial circumferences: 40,075 km (24,901 mi)
    Meridional circumference: 40,009 km (24,860 mi)
    Equatorial diameter: 12,756.3 km (7,926.4 mi)
    Polar diameter: 12,714 km (7,900 mi)
    Polar radius: 6,356.89 km (3,949.99 mi)

No theory needed. Just facts. Now, if you wanted to know how the Earth became round, THEN you'd need a theory.

Make sense?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So you want to be careful when you use that word "theory."

When it comes to science, a theory isn't "just a theory." The word differs greatly from how it's used colloquially, for example, "I have a theory as to why Bill and Jim broke up. My theory is based on the fact that I saw Bill stand very close to the urinal when he went to the Men's room yesterday. So I bet she broke up him because he has a small penis."

Science uses the word theory much differently. In science, a theory is a well-developed explanation based on evidence and experiments. But the thing with the Planet is we don't need a theory to explain its. It's right here in front of us in cold, hard, facts. Here are the dimensions of the Planet Earth:

Equatorial circumferences: 40,075 km (24,901 mi)
    Meridional circumference: 40,009 km (24,860 mi)
    Equatorial diameter: 12,756.3 km (7,926.4 mi)
    Polar diameter: 12,714 km (7,900 mi)
    Polar radius: 6,356.89 km (3,949.99 mi)

No theory needed. Just facts. Now, if you wanted to know how the Earth became round, THEN you'd need a theory.

Make sense?
    Yes absolutely agree. 9 out of 10 people misunderstand that concept 50% of the time.

Into a flat-earther's eyes, First, a brief round of the worldview of a flat-earther: While writing off containers of solid proof that Earth is spherical, they easily accept a laundry list of projects that some would call ludicrous. The leading flat-earther theory exists that Earth is a disc with the Arctic Circle in the middle and Antarctica, a 150-foot-tall wall of ice, around the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes absolutely agree. 9 out of 10 people misunderstand that concept 50% of the time.
    lol
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234