Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Damn, he was a good poster too.

Is this a one time thing bringing people back or may there be a review process in the future?
    I wouldn't say once we decided on a user that that'll close the book on them. But speaking from what was discussed, I don't see him coming back.

JHG722, MelkyNYY, zambo4president have been reinstated.

Not even if he was given like a 1 infraction ban warning or something? Then maybe if no infraction for a year that he can get a clean record book?

Reinstated members list

Can he at least be in a zero tolerance status? I talk to him frequent and would like to come back. Like many of us, we were young and acted dumb on this forum. He's older now and wouldn't act like he was in the past. He was a great contributor in the Lakers forum.

Pleaaaaase oh pleeeeaaasseee! RJ is an awesome guy, he went to UCLA and absolutely loves the Lakers. He is part of the Lakers family and would be a great boost to our forum again. 0 tolerance policy for his return would be met with much gratitude and appreciation.

Sincerely,
    Laker friends

Yes, please reconsider. If you are that concerned about him, then as other have said, if he gets one infraction then you can shut the door again. If he comes back and doesn't cause problems for like a year then can't see why he can't be given a clean record.

Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    Can he at least be in a zero tolerance status? I talk to him frequent and would like to come back. Like many of us, we were young and acted dumb on this forum. He's older now and wouldn't act like he was in the past. He was a great contributor in the Lakers forum.
    That's a good point. Many of my infractions when I was still a teen. Haven't had an infraction in a while. He's been gone like 4 years. I'm sure he's probably in his 20s by now.

It's like I used to masturbate (discretely of course) in public places as like a 13 year old (like putting my bag on my lap and doing it on the bus, etc). Once I almost got caught, I learned my lesson and masturbated in more discrete places like the change room and it's never been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    I wouldn't be against changing my vote on the outcoming if the guy promised to be on his best behavior. I'm in favor of revisiting this poster returning. I believe most deserve a second chance, with the exception of the ones that really don't care about being here. It would help his case if he showed us some thoughts/words on this matter. Maybe you guys can get him to relay something to us or something on those lines. There is no guarantee he'll be allowed back but we can revote. I think it's worth a try.
    Last edited by Soop; 07-06-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Yes, please reconsider. If you are that concerned about him, then as other have said, if he gets one infraction then you can shut the door again. If he comes back and doesn't cause problems for like a year then can't see why he can't be given a clean record.
    Clean record? Cha right. Even people that never were permabanned aren't getting that kind of leeway.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Just to be clear, IF he was to return his infraction points would be set at 20 points (like the rest of the reinstated members). 25 points would equal another permaban. There's not going to be a clean record after a year, that's not up for discussion right now. People can go years without getting infracted, if he's changed he shouldn't worry about getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    Just to be clear, IF he was to return his infraction points would be set at 20 points (like the rest of the reinstated members). 25 points would equal another permaban. There's not going to be a clean record after a year, that's not up for discussion right now. People can go years without getting infracted, if he's changed he shouldn't worry about getting any.
    It just isnt going to work... Hockey area/Football area maybe... NBA area is as heated as the Politics area... A returning member who spends most of their time in the Basketball forum is just a returning member with a death sentence... He will be at the mercy of a mod/poster having a bad day or he himself getting heated in a solitary moment and that happens a ton in the NBA area... Hell guys like Me/Tre/Flash and 90 percent of celtics fans probably deserve to be infracted had we actually been reported a good bit over the past few months.

No returning members should get a clean slate... **** them they clearly didnt give a **** about the rules and some of those people are my friends... borderline idiotic but my friends lol... That being said 20 is just going to be pointless.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 07-06-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    It just isnt going to work... Hockey area/Football area maybe... NBA area is as heated as the Politics area... A returning member who spends most of their time in the Basketball forum is just a returning member with a death sentence... He will be at the mercy of a mod/poster having a bad day or he himself getting heated in a solitary moment and that happens a ton in the NBA area... Hell guys like Me/Tre/Flash and 90 percent of celtics fans probably deserve to be infracted had we actually been reported a good bit over the past few months.

No returning members should get a clean slate... **** them they clearly didnt give a **** about the rules and some of those people are my friends... borderline idiotic but my friends lol... That being said 20 is just going to be pointless.
    The forum thing shouldn't be an excuse, I know plenty of NBA forum posters that don't get infractions. I know plenty of Politics forum posters who don't get in trouble. If you feel a mod is having a bad day and it's unjust you can always report that, infractions may be reversed in some cases, just saying. Unjust infractions aren't going to get passed us, not this current staff. Pretty much everything is documented for us as a group. Every mod I know that handles reports are solid individuals. Not all mods handle reports, however all are welcomed to give their opinions on the RP's.

FWIW, we haven't had any problems from anyone we've reinstated so far. I understand there's not many that have returned and the ones that have aren't as active. At least they've been given a second chance to contribute here. Some have been grateful for that opportunity alone.

Soop, thank you so much, I'll reach out to RJ so he can share his thoughts. Appreciate you guys even considering it because it would be a major boost to our Lakers Forum.

Also... GO DODGERS! Think BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    JHG722, MelkyNYY, zambo4president have been reinstated.
    I may have asked this already, but do you reach out to these guys letting them know they've been reinstated?

JHG hasn't been on this board in 8 years...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I may have asked this already, but do you reach out to these guys letting them know they've been reinstated?

JHG hasn't been on this board in 8 years...
    I send out an email to their one on file. Sometimes though it's no longer in use.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast