Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279

    LBJ says Korver would be more effective with Cavs: he is! 3pt% leader

    When they traded for Korver, LBJ said they would get him wide open shots that would make him far more effective. He was right.


    Korver is now shooting OVER .500 from 3pt range with the Cavs, his second highest percentage ever (he shot .536 with Utah in 2010). Given most guys are on the decline by 35 (though shooters have often bucked that trend with respect to percentage, so this is not unheard of), so this is especially impressive. He is now leading the league in 3pt % at the age of 35.

    Makes you wonder how utterly amazing this guy could have been had he been a role player on stacked teams that kept him wide open like other 3pt specialists have.


    Is this an impressive accomplishment? Where does Korver rank for you all time as a shooter? What does this say about LBJ? Or the coaching? Any other thoughts or insights?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Any other thoughts or insights?
    Lebron.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,685
    Its the Lebron James effect.... This is why people that think he isnt the mvp and that this team is built for him so when he isnt there they lose because of that are just morons... Nobody in the history of the sport makes players that much better around this guy because of his game... if you want a massive contract you come and play with lebron for 1 year and leave... the dude will make just about anyone 3 times the player they are... we seen what he did for the crap he had in cleveland the first go around

    There isnt a team that isnt built for lebron... he could fit on any team and make them better. The thing is people want to crown other guys like harden/westy/durant... personally my top 2 would be lebron and leonard... then a guy like harden or durant. As great as a offensive player as lebron is all around his defense is back... Leonard is the opposite... shut down defender who now has his all around offensive game going... both guys are the 2 most complete players in basketball next to a durant.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-06-2017 at 05:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,541
    Hopefully this dispels the notion that individual stats aren't affected by the team.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Its the Lebron James effect.... This is why people that think he isnt the mvp and that this team is built for him so when he isnt there they lose because of that are just morons... Nobody in the history of the sport makes players that much better around this guy because of his game... if you want a massive contract you come and play with lebron for 1 year and leave... the dude will make just about anyone 3 times the player they are... we seen what he did for the crap he had in cleveland the first go around

    There isnt a team that isnt built for lebron... he could fit on any team and make them better. The thing is people want to crown other guys like harden/westy/durant... personally my top 2 would be lebron and leonard... then a guy like harden or durant. As great as a offensive player as lebron is all around his defense is back... Leonard is the opposite... shut down defender who now has his all around offensive game going... both guys are the 2 most complete players in basketball next to a durant.
    LeBron makes players who are role players or guys who don't need to dominate the ball, better players. You could make the argument that He made Bosh and Wade worse, as they put up better numbers when he left Miami and before they teamed up with him.

    I think the attention he draws on offense and his willingness to share the ball makes him one of the best ever at elevating his team mates. Reasons why I think a guy like AD is over-rated. AD's is one of the best individual players and his efficiency will help produce wins, but I'm not sure if he has the type of game compared to other bigs like say Dirk, the Gasols, Duncan or Jokic who know the subtleties and have the vision/feel to elevate their teams offenses.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,830
    that euro dude is gonna feast on you guys with the semantics on 'better players'
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,590
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Hopefully this dispels the notion that individual stats aren't affected by the team.
    I would genuinely love to see a quote of someone saying that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,038
    Not surprised. Bron is truly a great passing while driving or posting to find shooters and Irving is an elite scorer off the drive plus they put shooters everywhere. Korver is a very good fit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,914
    Interestingly they've been a losing team with him on the court so far (113 O rating to 115 opponent O rating). It's possible his D is so atrocious that it hurts them as a whole even when he's shooting at these levels.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,684
    White men can shoot.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,592
    But players don't make other players better?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    57,192
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Hopefully this dispels the notion that individual stats aren't affected by the team.
    No, sample size and the fact that it isn't that different from his career averages.

    J.R. Smith did the same thing.

    Both are shooting about their career best...considering they don't have to take as many bad shots on their team. But this doesn't dispel individual stats at all.

    Obviously teams affect individual stats. That's not new information.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 03-08-2017 at 03:44 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Interestingly they've been a losing team with him on the court so far (113 O rating to 115 opponent O rating). It's possible his D is so atrocious that it hurts them as a whole even when he's shooting at these levels.

    Its possible...damn
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    White men can shoot.
    Ricky Rubio says hello
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    LeBron makes players who are role players or guys who don't need to dominate the ball, better players. You could make the argument that He made Bosh and Wade worse, as they put up better numbers when he left Miami and before they teamed up with him.

    I'm impressed with James, but not enamoured with him like some. That said, I think when you say he made Bosh and Wade worse, you have to put that into context. Were their averages lower? Yes. Were they more/as efficient? Yes.

    The four seasons Wade played with James were his four highest FG% postings. He handled the ball less, and had less work to do on the glass, so his assist and rebound averages were a little lower, but he was every bit as good at both as he was prior to LBJ, he just didn't need to do it as much. And given his rise in FG%, it's clear that not having that extra worked to do improve his efficiency.

    Bost posted some of his highest FG%s as well, and his four years with LBJ saw his FG% match his career average, so certainly not worse. His rebounding dipped, but that is because he was on a good rebounding team that didn't require him to get all the boards.

    Plus they both won at a level neither of them had been able to achieve without James.

    Saying they were worse just because there averages were lower doesn't seem like a fair assessment.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •