Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Guys, please don't mention names here. We are going through each members case individually, and there isn't a timetable of when we think we will get to them all. We have close to 40 moderators who can weigh in on these decisions, so we have to give time for everyone to have a chance to reply, as well discuss those that we have mixed opinions about.

Also, I have to say that, not even a majority vote of the moderators will have someone come back- we've set a 60% "approval" for banned users to return. And like I said, in some instances, we may also weigh specific moderator's opinion more than the collective group depending on the situation. But again, no one or two people are making the decisions here.

We won't be announcing who will be returning, but once we are finished discussion of a certain group, they will each be contacted and then their ban will be rescinded.

5 points... oh wait... [emoji108] [emoji119]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Free As Seagull.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    If I have any points, please remove them. Thanks.
    5 points... oh wait... [emoji108] [emoji119]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You're both clean.

I'd like my whopping 3 points cleared, please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    We won't be announcing who will be returning, but once we are finished discussion of a certain group, they will each be contacted and then their ban will be rescinded.
    We might want to rethink this. A lot of these users might not have the same emails so they'll never get notified. If we keep a list in here for the members we have approved to return, other members can reach out to them. A lot of our members keep in contact with them on Twitter/Facebook/etc. Also, if by chance they're lurking, once they read their name they'll want to log-in.

-5. Thanks.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    We might want to rethink this. A lot of these users might not have the same emails so they'll never get notified. If we keep a list in here for the members we have approved to return, other members can reach out to them. A lot of our members keep in contact with them on Twitter/Facebook/etc. Also, if by chance they're lurking, once they read their name they'll want to log-in.
    This. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I'd like my whopping 3 points cleared, please and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    -5. Thanks.
    Done.

Dont know if i have any, but if i do, nix em por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Dont know if i have any, but if i do, nix em por favor.
    You're clean.

I think I have like 2 points, but please wash me clean.

So is the site hurting that much that PSD has to resort to bringing back older, banned users? While other sports forums are thriving, PSD is steadily losing members and clicks, and so part of the solution is bringing back posters who drove more conversation, reactions, albeit baiting and being annoying? It's an interesting tactic. Not sure it'll work, but hey, anything is worth a shot right? It used to be difficult, nearly unbearable to post with some of the trolls lingering around. Letting them back might bring back some traffic to the site (a very small amount I'd imagine) but is it worth it if the quality of the site deteriorates?

I guess we'll find out.

i believe i have 2 points. can yall remove those please and thank you lol

Quote Originally Posted by RLundi View Post
    I think I have like 2 points, but please wash me clean.

So is the site hurting that much that PSD has to resort to bringing back older, banned users? While other sports forums are thriving, PSD is steadily losing members and clicks, and so part of the solution is bringing back posters who drove more conversation, reactions, albeit baiting and being annoying? It's an interesting tactic. Not sure it'll work, but hey, anything is worth a shot right? It used to be difficult, nearly unbearable to post with some of the trolls lingering around. Letting them back might bring back some traffic to the site (a very small amount I'd imagine) but is it worth it if the quality of the site deteriorates?

I guess we'll find out.
    We're not getting much help from SDI at the moment so we're trying something different to bring more discussion, even though forums may be a dying breed.

We're always open to suggestions from users to help the forum improve.

With lots of posters being banned years ago and posting during their high school/college years, we hope they've matured and give them another try at it. They will be on a ZTP, five points of wiggle room, and if their behavior is the same, then they will not be here very long and that'll be the end of them.

We also believe that we were too heavy handed with infractions in the past.

Your four points are wiped off.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    i believe i have 2 points. can yall remove those please and thank you lol
    Two points gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    I was just going to ask if you wanted help reaching out to anyone. I know a few on FB and a couple on Twitter too I think. Though I'm pretty sure one isn't allowed back lol

That being said I guess I'll take my 5 point removal so I'm back of the edge of the cliff.

Hey Soop..did you hear if the ball got there while I'm bothering you

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast