Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Point Removal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    Sorry, but it's not going to be removed. The staff feels in no way should you two have contact with each other. When you two were able to converse, it just led to insults which then led to many reports.

The reason it's there is to help posters from getting further infractions. To add to that - you might feel one type of way but we have to consider how the other poster feels. He might not share the same wishes as yourself. The rule works for both posters, not one.

It is our job to handle problems that arise in the forums, and that includes posters that constantly are having problems with each other. It is disruptive to the flow of conversation, and we are the ones who are charged with maintaining order in the forums.

The following screenshot is an example how you should be viewing someone on ignore. It's best we don't use the other poster's name. Instead the 'Cash Me Ousside' girl takes his place. HOWBOW DAH.

While you have an option on viewing the ignored post, you shouldn't be clicking "View Post".
    When someone quotes a user you're ignoring their quotes post becomes part of their post. Since you're not ignoring the quoter the ignored user's quoted post shows and is visible to you. That's the flaw on the VB ignore feature.

It's pretty simple. Any interaction between you two, any reported post or any talking about the other member will result in an infraction for disruptive behavior.
    Okay I had not looked here for a response because I kinda figured it would come via PM.

Sure. If the other poster feels differently about a "rule" that is in effect, you have to take that into consideration.

I disagree with the mods' assessment that discussions between Magoo and me were disruptive to a degree that was any different than between me and any other poster, but Im not going to change your opinions so I'll not try to debate that except to say that the issue - if there ever was one - came to a head when the mods initially refused to remove a blatantly racist post, and thats on you all, not me.

However. There are presently contentious discussions in the Mets forum. Certain people are routinely insulting each other, back and forth, back and forth. The contentiousness and acrimony is obvious- even overwhelming.

Why are these people allowed to continue to read and respond to each other? Is it because some of them are moderators? Its no secret there is no love lost between them and they are setting a poor example for following published forum standards. Personally, I think they are. being disruptive and their behavior invites further disruption.

I just want to know why double standards exist? My issues with PSD mods on the Mets forum have always revolved around inconsistent interpretation and application of the "rules".
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-09-2017 at 09:36 AM.

The Greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Okay I had not looked here for a response because I kinda figured it would come via PM.

Sure. If the other poster feels differently about a "rule" that is in effect, you have to take that into consideration.

I disagree with the mods' assessment that discussions between Magoo and me were disruptive to a degree that was any different than between me and any other poster, but Im not going to change your opinions so I'll not try to debate that except to say that the issue - if there ever was one - came to a head when the mods initially refused to remove a blatantly racist post, and thats on you all, not me.

However. There are presently contentious discussions in the Mets forum. Certain people are routinely insulting each other, back and forth, back and forth. The contentiousness and acrimony is obvious- even overwhelming.

Why are these people allowed to continue to read and respond to each other? Is it because some of them are moderators? Its no secret there is no love lost between them and they are setting a poor example for following published forum standards. Personally, I think they are. being disruptive and their behavior invites further disruption.

I just want to know why double standards exist? My issues with PSD mods on the Mets forum have always revolved around inconsistent interpretation and application of the "rules".
    IIRC, we have a couple reports from the Mets forum that have yet to be handled. I'm just logging in and haven't looked at the RP forum yet. I will check after this post and see if there's a consensus on those reports.

How many points do I have? I don't think I've received an infraction in over 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    How many points do I have? I don't think I've received an infraction in over 2 years.

You've got six points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    You've got six points.
    And now I have 1? Bc 5 were removed?

Only two points because that Jeter's number.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Only two points because that Jeter's number.
    Fair enough

Fair enough

Honestly though I'm unable to go into the Admin CP to do this because of the log in issues we're experiencing with the movement of the forums. Once it's back to normal I'll deduct the five points.

The five have been removed.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516