Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Even getting dogged by Forbes re: rebuild via FA: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#82dfa0c332ca

"In 2014, the Bulls made an impassioned attempt to sign Carmelo Anthony, but he too said no. Even further back, the Bulls chased Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill, and Tim Duncan, but couldn't ink any parts of the trio.

The best players the Bulls have signed as free agents since 2000 have been a 34-year-old Wade this past offseason, a 34-year-old Pau Gasol in 2014, and a 32-year-old Ben Wallace in 2006. It's easy to see this isn't a game the Bulls have played well."

If the Bulls trade Butler then do they go with a complete rebuild and basically next season would be a way to get a high end draft pick or do they trade Butler to get young pieces to build around Wade? Unless Wade decides to leave but I don't think he will

Wade's leaving if Butler gets traded. Wade doesn't want anything to do with a rebuild.. he's not too happy with the Front office right now.. no way he stays. If bulls go with a complete rebuild, bulls will be one the worst teams in the East for 5-7 years or a decade even, if those picks turn out to be busts. Either way bulls future doesn't look bright because of our incompetent front office. However, If we start off with firing gar pax, Bulls can head towards the right direction. I hope they get fired soon because they have no clue about wtf they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If the Bulls trade Butler then do they go with a complete rebuild and basically next season would be a way to get a high end draft pick or do they trade Butler to get young pieces to build around Wade? Unless Wade decides to leave but I don't think he will
    Wade hasn't been built around in years. He's only getting older and worse.

Yeah and if Butler in the off-season leaves Chicago then if Wade stays he would have to be a part of a rebuild and no way Wade wants to be a part of a rebuild...Wade wants to win now and if that is the case then they would have to get pieces around him but Wade apparently is not happy in Chicago and if that is the case then if the Bulls go with a complete rebuild then who knows maybe they could end up getting a #1 draft pick next season or anywhere from #2 to #5 and if that happens that would be all right

This is a really great, reasoned argument. Fun to read.
    Any chance I can draft you into becoming a Laker fan & joining us in that forum?
    You should see the crazy s**t I gotta read over there.

IMO, as my own team has done, you gotta dump Butler for assets and move on.
    Of course youre hoping THESE are the years there is a high quality guy in draft A, B & C, but F it, thats the gamble you take. A sure think like LeBron comes around once every 20 years.
    The Los Angeles Lakers

We have so many of these, we give them out to our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog-99 View Post
    Any chance I can draft you into becoming a Laker fan & joining us in that forum?

Of course youre hoping THESE are the years there is a high quality guy in draft A, B & C, but F it, thats the gamble you take. A sure think like LeBron comes around once every 20 years.
    Historic talent like Lebron probably comes around every 5 drafts or so. It's really just does that talent manifest itself to the fullest degree. Like Kevin Durant - he's absolutely as talented as anyone that's ever played the game. But he still needs to turn that talent into playoff success

Agree with your point though

Welcome to the thread. And thank you for an outsider's perspective. Specifically, I'd like to inquire as the statement of:

Where/when exactly did the Lakers do this? I'd lean towards they did the exact opposite of what you described, as they held onto Kobe for dear life, well past his prime, and milked every dollar that the mere name brought to the franchise. I don't recall where the Lakers capitalized on dumping in-prime talent for top shelf picks. Lakers are still reeling in 2017 from the poor decision 7+ years ago to acquire an aging Steve Nash.

The Lakers, as you know, have an uphill battle towards being relative again. With Kobe gone, LA should become a premiere destination for free agents again soon. THIS is how the Lakers regain relevance; the building blocks obtained via high draft picks (Russell and Randle) do not appear to be franchise changing talent. LA needs to embrace this equation: SoCal location + lifestyle + $$$ = bringing in talent. They do not appear to be 'great' young talent evaluators...nor very trade savvy (again, Nash). The back-to-back #2 picks the last two years: will they pan out? Not having a 1st round pick for 4 straight years (2010-2013) also takes its toll on rebuilding. For your fan base sake, hopefully the Lakers organization haven't lost that free agency mojo either. Exhibits A and B: Deng and Mozgov free agent signings.
    Wenn Sie dies lesen durch elektronische Übersetzung, Sie sind jetzt noch lahm als Sie waren als Sie zum ersten Mal las und verstand es nicht.

I just cannot take this seriously until there is a new regime in place. As you laid out nicely; the NBA draft is a crap shoot. The Bulls (and really the rest of the league) has had a miserable history of busts at the top of each draft. How many teams picking in the top 3 over the last 10 years have made the jump?:
    '16
    Simmons (PHI)
    Ingram (LAL)
    Brown (BOS...BRK's pick)...this was a trade so Boston is not in contention here

'15
    KAT (MN)...starting to show signs of promise under Thibs
    Russell (LAL)
    Okafor (PHI)

'14
    Wiggins (CLE)...traded away
    Parker (MIL)
    Embiid (PHI)

'13
    Bennett (CLE)
    Oladipo (ORL)
    Porter (WAS)

'12
    AD (NO)
    Kidd-Gil (CHA)
    Beal (WAS)

'11
    Irving (CLE)
    D. Williams (MN)
    Kanter (UT)

'10
    Wall (WAS)
    Turner (PHI)
    Favors (NJ)

'09
    Griffin (LAC)
    Thabeet (MEM)
    Harden (OKC)

'08
    Rose (CHI)
    Beasley (MIA)
    Mayo (MN)

'07
    Oden (POR)
    Durant (SEA/OKC)
    Horford (ATL)

See any legitimate title contenders among these teams?
    Washington is currently third in the East but picked in the top 3 three times over four years.

As far as players:
    You've got Durant, Rose (pre-injury), Harden, Irving (although I'm not sold on what he would be w/out LeBron), AD, and KAT...six players out of 30 that have the kind of talent worthy of a top 3 pick. There are a few more next tier players and also some major busts. Lesson: a top three pick is not a lock for greatness nor an automatic turning point for a franchise.

Do you really trust this Bulls front office with top draft picks?

Soapy: I slightly trust them move to draft talent than I do to continue to watch them attempt to cobble together "playoff team." That is almost like saying I'd rather prefer a colostomy bag to a catheter. So, in lieu of management being removed (which should happen first and foremost), the alternate is to see them continue to fail. To me, patching together an 8th seed to "maintain corporate sponsorship and obtain playoff money" is an utter failure and a piss poor mission statement for an organization. Since we have seen this fail for numerous years now, is it not at the very least time to see them fail at something else? Sarcasm in that statement aside: they've been banging their heads against the east wall for awhile now, so perhaps now it's time for them to start banging their head against the west wall.
    Wenn Sie dies lesen durch elektronische Übersetzung, Sie sind jetzt noch lahm als Sie waren als Sie zum ersten Mal las und verstand es nicht.

Another positive upside in potentially trading Butler: it may dissuade Wade from exercising his player option and lingering around next season.

With the way these contracts are being structured moving forward, the Bulls would be absolutely moronic not to trade him this off-season. So, they obviously won't

Honestly, I think they know they should/could trade him, but are just lacking the testicular fortitude to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by vdv36 View Post
    That 90's bulls team will never be replicated... how many #3 picks have we had since Jordan's 84 pick? How many jordans have we had??? 0.

Trading Butler for a "risk" not worth it imo...
    Oh so the bulls can stay barely relevant and you might luck into the playoffs followed by a swift exit? You trade butler's *** while value is high, his style will not last long as he constantly looks for contact. The fact some think we should not trade butler makes me think maybe humanity should take a break from breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by pentel1980 View Post
    Honestly, I think they know they should/could trade him, but are just lacking the testicular fortitude to pull the trigger.
    I believe this is true as well.

They've been pretty gun shy over the years. I just wish they'd pick a lane and fully commit to it. Being a friend Playoff team is the worst place you can be in this league.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast