Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,493

    Dirk is less than 70 points away from 30K for his career

    Why is no one talking about this? He is about to join Wilt, Kareem, Kobe, MJ, & Malone.

    Isn't this a big deal? Especially for an overseas player?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,235
    He didn't chase rings


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    because half of NBA fans forgot Dirk is still in the NBA.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He didn't chase rings


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know how you could say he didn't chase rings. I'm sure with all his heart he tried to win rings and would of gladly accepted more help. Just because he didn't join the Warriors on a minimum contract means he wasn't chasing rings? I don't understand your logic.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,493
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    I don't know how you could say he didn't chase rings. I'm sure with all his heart he tried to win rings and would of gladly accepted more help. Just because he didn't join the Warriors on a minimum contract means he wasn't chasing rings? I don't understand your logic.
    You know what he means....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    4,961
    He should be able to do it. Great achievement, as Dirk's shot is probably one of the best-looking. Still in awe of how he crushed the Heat with Jason Terry.


    6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    109,804
    honestly because he never talked ****... he never chased rings.... and he is white and its the mavs.... Not kidding with any of these... no kid wants to go get a pair of dirks.... embiid said it best... he learned how to shoot by watching white people... some white players are great but very rarely are there any that are explosive like a durant/lebron/Butler.... In this country the black basketball player from a dominant city will always be talked about much much more... Steve Nash as good as he became would have not been talked about if the suns werent the run and gun fun style they were... Even then people tuned in for the cp3/Williams/arenas and so on.... A white player that isnt really that athletic but can shoot gets next to no attention compared to say a Gilbert arenas who wasnt as great of a player but was black and explosive :Shrug:

    If I was a GM... I would never draft a white player and I am a white 5 foot 11 dude... **** that noise... In this sport the black/extremely athletic player will be better the majority of the time and will have better marketability for my franchise.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-28-2017 at 02:59 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,249
    Because everybody is only worried about the cavs/warriors. I'm truly proud of Dirk as a mavs fan. From being labeled a playoff choker to being called soft and a guy you couldn't build a championship team around im happy for him. Probably the most underrated superstar of all time. Can't wait till reaches 30K. Should be able to do within the next 4-5 games.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,483
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    I don't know how you could say he didn't chase rings. I'm sure with all his heart he tried to win rings and would of gladly accepted more help. Just because he didn't join the Warriors on a minimum contract means he wasn't chasing rings? I don't understand your logic.
    it's his daily shot at LeBron

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    it's his daily shot at LeBron
    No im just saying he doesn't get the attention he deserves b/c he wasn't a ring chasing attention whore. I don't see what that has to do with LeBron
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,483
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No im just saying he doesn't get the attention he deserves b/c he wasn't a ring chasing attention whore. I don't see what that has to do with LeBron
    he gets plenty of attention. Did Duncan get attention? The media follows around the annoying stories, it doesn't mean a guy is overlooked by those who follow the game. If some high school chick in Arkansas doesn't know who he is, the world won't end.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    he gets plenty of attention. Did Duncan get attention? The media follows around the annoying stories, it doesn't mean a guy is overlooked by those who follow the game. If some high school chick in Arkansas doesn't know who he is, the world won't end.
    The OP asked why it wasn't a bigger deal and i answered. Dirk is more a basketball player then a brand, Dirk stayed home instead of chasing rings. He has garnered less spot light then one would expect b/c of how he conducted himself.
    Last edited by ewing; 02-28-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,483
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The OP asked why it wasn't a bigger deal and i answered. Dirk is more a basketball more then a brand, Dirk stayed home instead of chasing rings. He has garnered less spot light then one would expect b/c of how he conducted himself.
    those are your opinions. He just isn't a sexy story, never has been. But basketball people know where he belongs in the history of the game. You and I know how awesome he was as a player.

    What do you remember about Gary Payton? Karl Malone? Those guys were "ring chasers" by my definition. Where they give up and just latch on, because they know they are no longer good enough to be the biggest part of a team. Hell I can't even claim Durant is a ring chaser, he most likely believes he can still be the best player on a chip team.

    Curious as to your opinion, do you give a guy more credit for staying home, and sacrificing opportunities to win a chip, versus a player using free agency to find a better situation, and that player ends up winning a chip? Obviously case by case, just curious as to your mentality.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    those are your opinions. He just isn't a sexy story, never has been. But basketball people know where he belongs in the history of the game. You and I know how awesome he was as a player.

    What do you remember about Gary Payton? Karl Malone? Those guys were "ring chasers" by my definition. Where they give up and just latch on, because they know they are no longer good enough to be the biggest part of a team. Hell I can't even claim Durant is a ring chaser, he most likely believes he can still be the best player on a chip team.

    Curious as to your opinion, do you give a guy more credit for staying home, and sacrificing opportunities to win a chip, versus a player using free agency to find a better situation, and that player ends up winning a chip? Obviously case by case, just curious as to your mentality.
    All those guys are losers

    Dirk on the other hand, is 7 foot, white, foreign, an absolutely pure shooter and one of the greatest scorers of all time. I mean i don't know if he is sexy but he certainly could have been a successful media whore.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Loano,Italy.Flying in the Mambacopter.
    Posts
    3,063
    Best European player of all time and a top 10 PF of all time. It will be a long time before someone from Europe will make this kind of statement in the Nba.
    Personally,I think just Jokic and Porzingis could sustain his legacy in the future,but it will take a very long time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •